What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matua

Bench
Came close last year and added an international standard centre and forward. While Broncos are Penrith lost players.
Joke all you want, but I'm putting $100 on it.
C'mon Cantab, you know exactly what that comment is about, nothing to do with squad additions or loses.

final say

Juniors
C'mon Cantab, you know exactly what that comment is about, nothing to do with squad additions or loses.
Of course but I think a cut to humour isn't warranted. It's the best chance they've ever had. They've been up there before but it's on the back of a good run, run where passes struck... where it relied on them sticking! Until eventually it didn't....
This is different, this is the real deal. I watched they in the trials , they all of tenacity of last year and more. That was an incredible fast paced, physical match against the Tigers... The Tigers fall apart the week after and the Warriors went another gear...
I have them as favourites.

Matua

Bench
Of course but I think a cut to humour isn't warranted. It's the best chance they've ever had. They've been up there before but it's on the back of a good run, run where passes struck... where it relied on them sticking! Until eventually it didn't....
This is different, this is the real deal. I watched they in the trials , they all of tenacity of last year and more. That was an incredible fast paced, physical match against the Tigers... The Tigers fall apart the week after and the Warriors went another gear...
I have them as favourites.
This is a troll thread by the design of your two mates, the cut to humour is especially warranted, especially after Webster himself made the comment.

The only favouritism I ever give to the Warriors is that they're favourites to disappoint me.

Wb1234

Immortal
Winning the nrl isn’t a charity

this is the best rugby players on the planet

depsite high skill levels kiwis struggle with their juniors not facing the same competition Australian kids do to make the grade

being able to play the full 80 mins and handling the expectation of favouritism is another key issue

eventually all that skill will tell once their juniors are aligned with australia for long enough

final say

Juniors
This is a troll thread by the design of your two mates, the cut to humour is especially warranted, especially after Webster himself made the comment.

The only favouritism I ever give to the Warriors is that they're favourites to disappoint me.
Why is it a troll thread? The NRL adds a team and... Super Rugby lose a team.. coincidence? Don't think so bud. Rugby league's very existence is from getting Union players to come over to League..

I Webbys job to play it down and make jokes. " The Warriors " are a completely different playing group then seasons past, different men.
And a very different coach.
Not only are the Warriors my favourite but I certain they will be a top 4 side for many years.

Did you watch the trials? I did. I watched all the trials. The Warriors will beat the Sharks by 20 but it will take a few rounds before casual fans catch on. Just watch.
So no, no troll.

final say

Juniors
Winning the nrl isn’t a charity

this is the best rugby players on the planet

depsite high skill levels kiwis struggle with their juniors not facing the same competition Australian kids do to make the grade

being able to play the full 80 mins and handling the expectation of favouritism is another key issue

eventually all that skill will tell once their juniors are aligned with australia for long enenough
The Warriors are going to be a powerful club, massive.

Canard

Immortal
When is old mates big South Island bid in Vegas happening?

Surely not on game day, when it would be drowned out of all media coverage.

Could it be that's its got no substance?

Maximus

Coach

You'd think if they were launching anything, at least their facebook page might be filled with promotion for it.

I guess Jason Momoa didn't turn up.

Matua

Bench
Why is it a troll thread? The NRL adds a team and... Super Rugby lose a team.. coincidence? Don't think so bud. Rugby league's very existence is from getting Union players to come over to League..

I Webbys job to play it down and make jokes. " The Warriors " are a completely different playing group then seasons past, different men.
And a very different coach.
Not only are the Warriors my favourite but I certain they will be a top 4 side for many years.

Did you watch the trials? I did. I watched all the trials. The Warriors will beat the Sharks by 20 but it will take a few rounds before casual fans catch on. Just watch.
So no, no troll.
Have you not read the entirety of the thread?

Also, why are you even carrying on with this? Webby said the exact words in an interview about the fitness of the team that every fan in NZ makes fun of every year. There was no point replying to my very specific comment if you were just going to rabbit on about stuff not related to it.

final say

Juniors
Have you not read the entirety of the thread?

Also, why are you even carrying on with this? Webby said the exact words in an interview about the fitness of the team that every fan in NZ makes fun of every year. There was no point replying to my very specific comment if you were just going to rabbit on about stuff not related to it.
So you're guided by media sound bits.. and not an actual fan, got it.

final say

Juniors

Patient petal. 5k crowd at the season launch, probably going to get 50k today. Lots of stories to get through.

Matua

Bench
So you're guided by media sound bits.. and not an actual fan, got it.
What on earth are you talking about? I'm talking about one specific thing, you're moving the goalposts around the entirety of the field.

You're sounding less and less like a Cantab/NZer the more you continue on with this line ...

Matua

Bench
All these pretend wahs fans who only talk about union are hilarious

union fan

hates wahs doing well
As a fellow NZer @final say would agree that most of us Kiwis are fans of both and find your forever war somewhere between sad and comical.

Ironically you've jumped into one of the most common discussions from Warriors fans and you've brought rugby into because when it comes to NZ you're always wrong.

Last edited:

final say

Juniors

“The Warriors have been magnificent for the game but you have another New Zealand team on the South Island, Christchurch for example, and I think they can take over rugby in New Zealand and we become entrenched in that country. I think it’s a must.”