What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Id like to see the Warriors get a premiership before NZ2 comes in but realistically I’ll be happy if it happens when we’re consistently making the finals and pulling good crowds.
It’s been nearly 30 years since NZ1 so it’s probably time to look there again, similarly with Perth not having had a side since the 90s. QLD 5 would be a bit of a slap in the face to other expansion areas coming straight after the Dolphins.

T to the T

Juniors
He changes his faves every 5 minutes lol.

bears
melbourne2
nz2
perth
png
western brisbane

hes literally talked them all up over the last 12 months, why should we take what he said this week as gospel given he’s swung around like a hills hoist in a cyclone Over the last year.
What's wrong with talking up bids? Please stop being so needlessly negative, the sport is in the best position it's been in since the mid-90's on either side of the planet. The competition was expanded just last year and further expansion is openly talked about with Perth all but sure a place in a 20 team NRL. The NRL finally has capital, and using this, to create a really bright future for the game.

A lot of us lurk/post here as a means of keeping abreast of the latest expansion news, not to be confronted by constant misery for no good reason, it's off putting.

Take a step back and think before you post.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What's wrong with talking up bids? Please stop being so needlessly negative, the sport is in the best position it's been in since the mid-90's on either side of the planet. The competition was expanded just last year and further expansion is openly talked about with Perth all but sure a place in a 20 team NRL. The NRL finally has capital, and using this, to create a really bright future for the game.

A lot of us lurk/post here as a means of keeping abreast of the latest expansion news, not to be confronted by constant misery for no good reason, it's off putting.

Because it’s sht if you’re at the other end of getting your hopes up when they know its not going to happen.
as for the rest put me on ignore if you don’t want to read my posts, it’s what’s it’s for.

final say

Juniors
Because it’s sht if you’re at the other end of getting your hopes up when they know its not going to happen.
as for the rest put me on ignore if you don’t want to read my posts, it’s what’s it’s for.
Mate, that must be the most pathetic response to a very well written, well meaning post.
Jeez you're a prick.

final say

Juniors

I think everyone is off Perth red.

The situation we find ourselves in is unprecedented. The game has never been stronger , we are launching in Vegas , talking about a comp there , TV deals there, new teams, record turnover, buying assets, big TV numbers and this season promises to be the best yet! I could go on and on.
But you have to wonder, while the NRL are getting beamed into the US from Vegas.. what could we possibly be negative about?? How could we not be captivated by hope and wonder??
As league fans!!??
You can't. The only people who are posting negative shit ARE NOT LEAGUE FANS.
They are Union or AFL fans that troll this place out of spite.
Losers.

Matiunz

Juniors
There was talk a few years ago of the bears replacing the warriors lol

and your using the arl talking about adding a nz team after the wahs went to super league as evidence are you

Hahhahaaha
All I’m saying is pretty much all of the mooted expansion teams have been around and discussed in one form or another for a long time. Most have been talked up and bid for other times the NRL has been open for expansion only to have backers let down. Another round of equally non committal comments about each bid doesn’t put one bid above another but you seem simultaneously convinced NZ2 is a sure thing and shit on Perth as a way to suit your agenda, when in reality both have had about as much hope given as the other. I hope we get to that 20+ team comp with NZ2/PNG/WA/Bears/Adelaide even involved but we need some clarity on timelines and how it’s going to happen- at the moment that is not clear

Wb1234

Referee
All I’m saying is pretty much all of the mooted expansion teams have been around and discussed in one form or another for a long time. Most have been talked up and bid for other times the NRL has been open for expansion only to have backers let down. Another round of equally non committal comments about each bid doesn’t put one bid above another but you seem simultaneously convinced NZ2 is a sure thing and shit on Perth as a way to suit your agenda, when in reality both have had about as much hope given as the other. I hope we get to that 20+ team comp with NZ2/PNG/WA/Bears/Adelaide even involved but we need some clarity on timelines and how it’s going to happen- at the moment that is not clear
Different leadership at the arlc

Perth Tiger

Bench
Id like to see the Warriors get a premiership before NZ2 comes in but realistically I’ll be happy if it happens when we’re consistently making the finals and pulling good crowds.
It’s been nearly 30 years since NZ1 so it’s probably time to look there again, similarly with Perth not having had a side since the 90s. QLD 5 would be a bit of a slap in the face to other expansion areas coming straight after the Dolphins.

Could be waiting a long time :)

But seriously, a great way to start a serious rivalry would be in NZ2 came in and were able to pull off a Storm and win a premiership in their first few years. That would make things spicy

flippikat

Bench
Could be waiting a long time :)

But seriously, a great way to start a serious rivalry would be in NZ2 came in and were able to pull off a Storm and win a premiership in their first few years. That would make things spicy
With the ruthless streak that permeates Christchurch/Canterbury Province-based sports teams, that's not a crazy scenario.

Matua

Bench
With the ruthless streak that permeates Christchurch/Canterbury Province-based sports teams, that's not a crazy scenario.
Although they likely wont get a crucial leg up allowing them to build a dynasty like the Crusaders did in the early days of Super Rugby.

Colk

First Grade
Apparently we're the fittest we've ever been.

This preseason has been the hardest. We are going to take it one game at a time. We came here to play or vice versa depending on the result of the game. Kick to the corners and tackle hard. Whoever wins the forward battle will go a long way to winning this match.

All that and plenty more on Rugby League cliches 101.

Vlad59

Bench
Stew in your misery