What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Referee
No news out of the South Island bid or bids...apparently they were looking to meet V'landys a couple of weeks ago but no news..? So it leaves you wondering: was the bid left with the same ambiguous messages we've had through the media? Or was it a solid forget it, it's going to be PNG? or did they get a nod and a wink.. do your work and keep it to yourself and any leaks about this will hurt your chances?
If they were told PNG is certain, forget it, they wouldn’t be risking anything by telling the media or simply pursuing another endeavour ( which would probably be in the media) so the NRL were either very convincingly ambiguous still behind closed doors.. or not .. and the South Island bids now working their butts off with no need to push this forward publicly to sway the NRL through media...

Is the lack of news on the South island a good sign??
Time will tell
Nz are team 19 or 20

if albo loses the election maybe they beat png but unlikely

19 will come in soon after 18 so no big deal either way

"do your work and keep it to yourself and any leaks about this will hurt your chances" really does sound like something V'Landys would come up with... that's an interesting theory.
You reckon, geez the blokes a media whore, you`d think he`d love leaks (as long as they are not coming out of NRL HQ) to keep the expansion circus as the lead story on the sports pages at least.
HST, might explain why we don`t see a lot coming out of the alleged respective bids, either that or they are really professional or maybe just don`t have anything to leak.

final say

Juniors
It’s funny how fast rugby league has taken over at club level

since covid super rugby just collapsed whist the years away in Australia saw nz miss the warriors
Honestly, since covid the NRL has been better every year. Feel like every year I think to myself " this is the best it's ever been.
The NRL isn't growing and going so well because people just decided out of the blue to start watching..every year it's gone to a new level. 17 teams that can beat anyone on any given day, not one team is without stars, heroes in every team. There's so many small things that have contributed to it but at the centre is V'landys. He wanted the game to focus on the fan and he's delivered! Blockbusters game after game.
When you look at Super Rugby, it's the opposite of everything I've just said.

Wb1234

Referee
Honestly, since covid the NRL has been better every year. Feel like every year I think to myself " this is the best it's ever been.
The NRL isn't growing and going so well because people just decided out of the blue to start watching..every year it's gone to a new level. 17 teams that can beat anyone on any given day, not one team is without stars, heroes in every team. There's so many small things that have contributed to it but at the centre is V'landys. He wanted the game to focus on the fan and he's delivered! Blockbusters game after game.
When you look at Super Rugby, it's the opposite of everything I've just said.
Wahs crowds in Christchurch are on par with the crusaders

in Auckland they kill the blues

final say

Juniors
This is like your 4th derogatory gay post in a row. Firstly are you 12 or stuck in the 90s?
- “thou doth protest too much methinks”
I like gay people as much as anyone. If a gay person is acting gay.. do you think that's derogatory? Of course not, they're acting pretty much inline with expectations.. they are gay.
When straight men are acting gay however...that's embarrassing.
Super rugby are making it hard for gay folks to differentiate themselves...

Of course, if these Super Rugby players are actually gay ( and they may be..) then I would say that they did a fabulous team song and fully support them.

I like gay people as much as anyone. If a gay person is acting gay.. do you think that's derogatory? Of course not, they're acting pretty much inline with expectations.. they are gay.
When straight men are acting gay however...that's embarrassing.
Super rugby are making it hard for gay folks to differentiate themselves...

Of course, if these Super Rugby players are actually gay ( and they may be..) then I would say that they did a fabulous team song and fully support them.
Tell me, exactly how does a gay person act. That is one of the most ignorant generalisations I`ve heard on this place, and my God this place makes a few.
Not all, in fact the vast majority of gay people do not act like Mr. Humphries on Are You Being Served you know.
Christ the level of discourse on this place is depressing and embarrassing sometimes.

final say

Juniors
Tell me, exactly how does a gay person act. That is one of the most ignorant generalisations I`ve heard on this place, and my God this place makes a few.
Not all, in fact the vast majority of gay people do not act like Mr. Humphries on Are You Being Served you know.
Christ the level of discourse on this place is depressing and embarrassing sometimes.
Exactly? I don't know exactly but it's got to be pretty dam close to what was going on in that video..

Wb1234

Referee
This is like 95 before super league destroyed rugby league and super rugby saved union

30 years on super rugby has collapsed and rugby league is back to where it was before super league

nz is crying out for more league teams. They want to play and beat the best Aussie rugby sides

Latest posts