What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Immortal
Because two of the known bids had very sketchy funding models.

Yes I continue to underestimate how badly run they are, to change a tender requirement this significantly post submission is farcical.

Its actually a poor outcome for the new clubs, its taking significant resources away from a new clubs that could have been used to strengthen their start up and build better pathways.
Smacks of the BS travel imposition that caused the last expansion disaster.
A league
MLS
Etc

It’s not unique to rugby league

These licenses will one day be worth hundreds of millions of dollars as the money keeps going up

BuffaloRules

Coach
A league
MLS
Etc

It’s not unique to rugby league

These licenses will one day be worth hundreds of millions of dollars as the money keeps going up

There is speculation the NBA are getting 4 Billion plus expansion fees for their new team (s) …

They should pay something to join the NRL .. these are privately owned teams we are talking about in Perth and NZ …why should these businessmen acquire something that has value for nothing ?

Wb1234

Immortal
There is speculation the NBA are getting 4 Billion plus expansion fees for their new team (s) …

They should pay something to join the NRL .. these are privately owned teams we are talking about in Perth and NZ …why should these businessmen acquire something that has value for nothing ?
Money in American sports is crazy

Gobsmacked

Bench

It is a franchise model that pretty much all franchisees pay a fee for a stake. The NRL are in a strong enough position now to demand a fee. And I'm a fan of this new direction. If we want the game to grow, we need to except that it's a financial matter as much as anything. We won't expand by going broke! I'm also a fan of holding the grand final at the most prosperous venue.
Buying hotels.. common! This is the best administration ever! By a long way! The NRL is going to be a behemoth!

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is a franchise model that pretty much all franchisees pay a fee for a stake. The NRL are in a strong enough position now to demand a fee. And I'm a fan of this new direction. If we want the game to grow, we need to except that it's a financial matter as much as anything. We won't expand by going broke! I'm also a fan of holding the grand final at the most prosperous venue.
Buying hotels.. common! This is the best administration ever! By a long way! The NRL is going to be a behemoth!
Ironic that the model you now love pretty much guarantees there will never be a NZ2 club lol

Latest posts