What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matiunz

Juniors
Interesting conclusion.

Too old for what exactly? Too old to rely on social media as opposed to what I actually experience in the world?

Given the societal issues stemmimg from many kids’ inability to distinguish what’s real vs what social media wants them to think is real, I’m gonna say I’m ok with that.

Probably a lesson in there somewhere for a few posters on here.
Also taking into account social media algorithms bombard you with content you want to see, causes a bit of an echo chamber.
Truth is likely somewhere in the middle - union is in a bit of a slump, Warriors are on a high. Problem is we’ve seen both of these scenarios plenty of times before but some tend to go all in on the now and ignore history time will tell if both scenarios last

Matiunz

Juniors
It'll be interesting to see where things land - is there enough common ground for the two bids to combine, if that's what it takes to get a South Island team "over the line"?

Branding could be the easiest part of the puzzle if both are indeed leaning towards green - but it's interesting to ponder if there's the will to work together.
I think Moffatt approached the other bud but was told “no thanks” Could image it’d be a much stronger case with a United bid rather than competing bids for the same market

Matiunz

Juniors
This thread highlights the current predicament Union is in...
If you like Union...you .... are... triggered!!!
The thread highlights something else over and over- an assumption of how things work in NZ- particularly around the sporting landscape.
When these (often false) assumptions are challenged the response is more often than not to screech “union troll” or “alt” unable to comprehend there are others with different experiences and opinion.
The bandwagon faces a decent challenge this week, a lucky (undeserved) escape against Manly, a woeful outing against the Dragons a loss against the Tits at home could see some bandwagon wobbles set in- crucial they get the win to maintain the hype

MugaB

Coach
Gobsmacked and wb having a circle jerk over some random tiktok, and then calling anyone who disagrees with them an alt would take up at least 100 pages of that. Another 100 pages would be donkey talking about Perth.
Or PerthRed talking about Perth, or you pointing out all the alts and circle jerking

final say

Juniors
The thread highlights something else over and over- an assumption of how things work in NZ- particularly around the sporting landscape.
When these (often false) assumptions are challenged the response is more often than not to screech “union troll” or “alt” unable to comprehend there are others with different experiences and opinion.
The bandwagon faces a decent challenge this week, a lucky (undeserved) escape against Manly, a woeful outing against the Dragons a loss against the Tits at home could see some bandwagon wobbles set in- crucial they get the win to maintain the hype
7 rounds in out of 26 and winning half your games is a great place to be. They're learning from their losses and the target is off their back. I would be more concerned if they had won every game.
The NRL is 26 weeks of high intensity battles and the good coaches time thier form patches for when it counts.

I really do love the familiar tail of not knowing the sporting landscape in NZ unless you've lived there your whole life.. fascinating.. only ever heard on this forum..in this thread..
It was a favourite of Matua's until he by accident admitted he doesn't even live in NZ.
Do you even live in NZ or just pretending too?

Wb1234

Referee
7 rounds in out of 26 and winning half your games is a great place to be. They're learning from their losses and the target is off their back. I would be more concerned if they had won every game.
The NRL is 26 weeks of high intensity battles and the good coaches time thier form patches for when it counts.

I really do love the familiar tail of not knowing the sporting landscape in NZ unless you've lived there your whole life.. fascinating.. only ever heard on this forum..in this thread..
It was a favourite of Matua's until he by accident admitted he doesn't even live in NZ.
Ask him how living on the Gold Coast is

MugaB

Coach
Hey I just find it fun to point out that the guy who got caught out creating a new account so that he could pretend he was born in NZ, is the one calling everyone else an alt.
Was he, good stuff... I hate alts, there are exceptions tho, if you had forgotten your password/locked out, and continue with a new avatar, but folks using 2 or more at the same time to pretend to be many voters can fk right off... moderators would know straight away who they are, I was a mod at a gaming forum, we could see the duplicate IPs of members and know straight away who was trolling

Last edited:

Matiunz

Juniors

Injury toll isn’t helping either but hope we can get back into form. Inability to put in a full 80 min performance and inability to convert points in our dominant periods is concerning though.

In answer to your question I lived in NZ until I was 29 Mostly in Hastings and Wellington but also spent a few years at Massey and in Taranaki between Hawera and New Plymouth as well as having family and friends living in those areas as well as Tauranga/Napier/Hamilton area so have a pretty good pulse on majority of the North Island and particularly the lower half.
Currently based in Sydney for the last few years but head back multiple times a year and spend about 2 months a year in the country.

Canard

Immortal

The Warriors would be the most anti-NZ2 of any team in the NRL.

Be keen to see how you twist yourself in knots trying to deny that.

Matiunz

Juniors
The Warriors would be the most anti-NZ2 of any team in the NRL.

Be keen to see how you twist yourself in knots trying to deny that.
Theory is that’s why the bid has tended to be South Island centric Rather than “Southern” as previous bids have been.
Also curiously Warriors all of a sudden committing to CHCH games next few years