What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Interesting given he's been picked for the All Black second stringers tour.

He'll be 28 next year so leaving things a wee bit late but he's got plenty of ability. Quick and decent size too, similar in stature to Mark N.

Defence has been questioned in the past, but from memory, he said the feedback he got from the AB coaches last year was mainly around ruck defence so not an issue in league obviously.

Not a bad gamble, if its at the right price.

Perth Red

Post Whore
NDA dipshit
haha yes that has stopped Vlandys and Perth this week hasnt it?

To qoute him:
Providing further clarification around his comments, V’Landys revealed the “financial aspects of the bids haven’t been sufficient,” adding prospective new entrants into the NRL “need to invest more.”
“They haven’t invested enough,” he said.

I wonder if any of the NZ bids can find an extra $20mill or should we right off any hope of expansion over there?

Gobsmacked

Bench

To qoute him:
Providing further clarification around his comments, V’Landys revealed the “financial aspects of the bids haven’t been sufficient,” adding prospective new entrants into the NRL “need to invest more.”

I wonder if any of the NZ bids can find an extra $20mill or should we right off any hope of expansion over there?
We'll find out won't we. Patience pettle.

Matiunz

Juniors

Any good ?

Any other good starts about to debut in first grade ?
He looked pretty decent the small stints he got towards the end of this year, still had a few work ons and will be brought in slowly over the next couple of years. Most of the good prospects got a few minutes this year so not sure how many will get a shot this year. Of those yet to debut in the lower grades curious to see how Halves Hansen and Cleary (Jett) progress, like what I’ve seen of Pasikala (wing) and ieremia- Toeava(2nd row/centre) hope the can continue to develop

Maximus

Coach

To qoute him:

Good luck to the 50% fan owned team finding $10m from the fans of a team that doesn't even exist.

Wb1234

Immortal
He looked pretty decent the small stints he got towards the end of this year, still had a few work ons and will be brought in slowly over the next couple of years. Most of the good prospects got a few minutes this year so not sure how many will get a shot this year. Of those yet to debut in the lower grades curious to see how Halves Hansen and Cleary (Jett) progress, like what I’ve seen of Pasikala (wing) and ieremia- Toeava(2nd row/centre) hope the can continue to develop
If Cleary is any good it will be hard to keep him from going home esp if he’s a 6

flippikat

First Grade
Surprisingly silent from the NZ bids on the $20mil license fee request?
Well, so far all of them have managed to avoid the media spotlight since the NDA took effect - and I assume (probably safely) they're happy with flying under the radar like that.

They'll likely reply to any journalist asking for their views on the Bears omnishambles & the prospect of expansion fees with a firm "no comment", and that's their right - heck, their responsibility under a NDA.

The situation with the Bears was different, given the media buzz around that bid.. and it's one of those instances where we're EXTREMELY LUCKY to live outside the RL media scrum that exists in Australia - that we can fly under the radar like this.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Well, so far all of them have managed to avoid the media spotlight since the NDA took effect - and I assume (probably safely) they're happy with flying under the radar like that.

They'll likely reply to any journalist asking for their views on the Bears omnishambles & the prospect of expansion fees with a firm "no comment", and that's their right - heck, their responsibility under a NDA.

The situation with the Bears was different, given the media buzz around that bid.. and it's one of those instances where we're EXTREMELY LUCKY to live outside the RL media scrum that exists in Australia - that we can fly under the radar like this.
Good post.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

To qoute him:

Sky NZ may stump up some of it for more NZ content

Bukowski

Bench

Also lucky they could put a bid together and not forced to partner with a nsw club.

Latest posts