What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand in India: 3 x T20 and 2 Tests - Nov/Dec 2021

JohnDoe

Juniors
Getting absolutely screwed over by the umpires and yes its part of the rules but Saha should not have been able to bat especially if he cannot keep wickets in NZ's 2nd innings.

Guess the neck wasnt so bad that he could bat, i dont think i could bat with a neck injury. Saha must be superhuman.

Add Ashwins dodgy verging on cheating tactics. Black Caps have done well to stay in the game this long

Hutty1986

Immortal
India being practically unbeatable at home isnt just because they're a great side. Yet if an aussie even thought about doing half the shit they get back-slapped for and we'd get a 5 year ban.
Axar Patel with FOUR 5 wicket hauls in 3 tests and averaging 10 😂

I know he's a massive flog but geez Ashwins test numbers are insane; 413 poles in 79 tests at 24.56 and 5 tons at 28. And Jadeja as well - 227 wickets in 56 tests@24.96, a ton and 16 half-centuries at 34. Pretty bloody good. And let's not forget that Warney calls him 'Rockstar,' so there's that.

JJ

Immortal
Disappointing, need neutral umpires tbh, some of this leaves me feeling uneasy

Ashwin is great, no mistake, but also a twat, no mistake

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Kiwis really let the game slip after having them 6 down, the spinners really didn’t back up the fantastic job the quicks did. And Ashwin is becoming a more annoying and cheating flog by the day.

JJ

Immortal
Kiwis really let the game slip after having them 6 down, the spinners really didn’t back up the fantastic job the quicks did. And Ashwin is becoming a more annoying and cheating flog by the day.
We've seldom had quality spinners - I really don't understand why they'd play Sommerville ahead of Wagner - regardless of the conditions Wagner will relentlessly keep the pressure on... Ravindra plays because he's essentially an opening bat

Teams that have done well in India (two that stand out for me - the great Windies, and the RSA sides, and Waugh's great side who were competitive there) haven't left out their quality pace bowlers, they've just picked the best attack they have...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We've seldom had quality spinners - I really don't understand why they'd play Sommerville ahead of Wagner - regardless of the conditions Wagner will relentlessly keep the pressure on... Ravindra plays because he's essentially an opening bat

Teams that have done well in India (two that stand out for me - the great Windies, and the RSA sides, and Waugh's great side who were competitive there) haven't left out their quality pace bowlers, they've just picked the best attack they have...
Kane’s offies are a better option than Somerville, and yes we picked our best bowlers just like the Windies did in the 80’s. If your spin options are shit you may as well just pick your best bowlers.

edabomb

First Grade

Hmm. I'm a Wellingtonian so naturally inclined to back Ravindra, but this all seems way too soon to me. He's a borderline quality first class batsman and at best a 6th bowler. Hoping he proves me wrong but I think he's in way over his head at the moment.

JJ

Immortal
Hmm. I'm a Wellingtonian so naturally inclined to back Ravindra, but this all seems way too soon to me. He's a borderline quality first class batsman and at best a 6th bowler. Hoping he proves me wrong but I think he's in way over his head at the moment.
Better bat than Santner. That’s about it

hineyrulz

Post Whore
1 for 79 at lunch, they just have to keep wickets in the hand the next session and have a crack in the last 90mins or so late in the day.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Some b.s. rules in cricket Saha is allowed to bat after basically resting for two days, no doubt he wont keep in NZ's second innings.
Yet we wouldn't have been able to replace Southee with his injury.
Same garbage got pulled last year in Sydney test.

Pant who supposedly couldn't keep but was able to bat scored 95 in 2nd innings after putting feet up for a day while a more accomplished kepper in saha kept the 2nd innings

King-Gutho94

Coach
1 for 79 at lunch, they just have to keep wickets in the hand the next session and have a crack in the last 90mins or so late in the day.
Pretty much what india did to us at the gabba.

But tests matches can turn quickly in india only takes one wicket and you can lose 3 or 4 in half an hour.

I reckon new zealand will want to be 3 down max anything more at tea will probably shut up shop

Latest posts