What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand v West Indies, 1st Test, Dunedin

blain

Juniors
this is frustrating. i want them to give ryder or someone a go, try something different!!

btw, guptill has scored his first first class hundred, 113*. he will have to keep scoring runs to play against india though, because this is really his first game of the season so far.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Is Gillespie injured? I thought one of the reasons he was in the side was to go through the tail - he hasn't bowled against Taylor whose put on 80 carefree runs with Chanderpaul as easy as you like. It's times like these where we could rely on Bond to rip out a couple with seering yorkers that you realise how screwed New Zealand Cricket is by the farcical banning of ICL players if just for that one right arm fast bowler from Canterbury having his international career savaged by bureaucracy and the BCCI wanting to get a greater share of 20/20 monies.

He is bowling now

blain

Juniors
there was a reason why he wasnt bowling, he's sh1t. taylor just took him for 12 off this over, and hasnt looked dangerous all day. hes now on 96!! FFS

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
2 wickets in 2 balls for Vettori, hat-trick ball was spot on but well played

Great innings from Taylor, enjoyed watching it even though it was at our expense. The typical kiwi way will no doubt be to label the bowlers crap and neglect the fact the bloke played a damn good innings, some of the shots were sensational

My view from pre match hasn't changed tbh, Martin copped a poor call from the selectors being dropped for Gillespie

African Monkey

First Grade
Great innings from Taylor, enjoyed watching it even though it was at our expense. The typical kiwi way will no doubt be to label the bowlers crap and neglect the fact the bloke played a damn good innings, some of the shots were sensational
I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed the innings and have felt that Jerome Taylor could turn into a very good lower order batsman for the WI.

blain

Juniors
martin has hardly done well for auckland... 1/85 off 20 i think it was?

southee got about 2/40 off 20

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
martin has hardly done well for auckland... 1/85 off 20 i think it was?

southee got about 2/40 off 20

But Martin has done the hard yards for NZ over the past few years, and done it pretty well, and is dropped after an average series, certainly not terrible, where he still took top order Australian wickets. imo he has been hard done by

blain

Juniors
i wouldnt be suprised if martin is on the decline, hes 34 and not many paceys play much longer. he had also lost pace in oz...

IanG

Coach
97048.jpg

What looks strange about this picture?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
i wouldnt be suprised if martin is on the decline, hes 34 and not many paceys play much longer. he had also lost pace in oz...

Even if he had lost 5km over there, he would still be quicker than what was on offer today, and would offer more in the air and off the deck than the majority as well.

blain

Juniors
our bowling didnt have alot of bite today... vettori bowled well and mills and o'brian were consistant. but to be fair the deck didnt offer any support.

LOL

how the hell did jerome taylor get a century?

he hasn't hit 50 IN ANY FORM of the game LOL and you guys were talking about how sh*t the windies attack is?

Latest posts