What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights 2019 Team

Old dog

Juniors
Could partly be that Griff injured, no other suitable backup or replacement so can play how I like" who is going to replace me" rather than play for team and hold my position

perverse

Referee
Could partly be that Griff injured, no other suitable backup or replacement so can play how I like" who is going to replace me" rather than play for team and hold my position
Absolutely, but there's a deeper problem there in that it's a very poor attitude for a professional footballer to have - and will never be the attitude of a champion player. It shouldn't matter who is in front of him or behind him in the pecking order, he should be busting his arse for the team regardless.

If Levi worried more about improving his own game and getting rid of the bullshit stupidity and greed plays, there's every likelihood he could be playing first grade ahead of a fit Griffin on his own merit. I don't know if he has that in him, though. He hasn't shown it much on the field if he does.

Yosh

Coach
The problem with Levi is he is showing very little improvement. His comeback game from exile this year was great, then it was immediately back to all the stupid shit he does the week after. Super frustrating.

This exactly. I was all for giving him a go but he is just so frustrating to watch...

Matt23

Staff member
If Lino is the starting side, that solves our goal kicking problem.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
If Lino is the starting, that solves our goal kicking problem.

if Lino is starting we are in trouble. As Knights supporters we become conditioned to accept mediocrity.

Lino would be 26 years old by the time the 2019 season commences and is yet to crack a full time NRL gig, it's safe to say he's a reserve grade back up. Perhaps he has enough talent that a very strong and experienced roster could compensate for by not our roster at present, particularly given his position is in the spine. Watson will be our starting 5/8 next year.

We do need someone that can kick goals though. Maybe Luke will cover this? Where does that leave young Levi? Perhaps to relieve an aging Luke ?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Link it or delete it mate. It needs to be sourced. And if the source isn't an approved site, it'll have to go.

Sorry for asking a dumb question but what are the approved sites these days? There is so much shit out there it is hard to tell.

When it comes to Newy, Baz is gospel...

TooheysNew

Coach
Sorry for asking a dumb question but what are the approved sites these days? There is so much shit out there it is hard to tell.

When it comes to Newy, Baz is gospel...
Not a dumb question at all.

Most sites are fine. The only ones that aren't are the ones that either have a proven track record of being gutter journalism, or sites that have the potential to hurt LU legally in terms of libel if things are cross posted.

All articles should be pasted with a link when they're put up - if the site doesn't change the link in any way (such as changing the URL to nospam) then you're probably ok.

Yosh

Coach
Can't seem to update the first post...

Update as of 2018/09/20

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Edrick Lee
3. Jesse Ramien
4. Tautau Moga
5. Shaun Kenny Dowell
6. Connor Watson
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Issac Luke
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Aiden Guerra
13. Tim Glasby

14. Danny Levi
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Pasami Saulo
17. Sione Mata'utia

18. (New Prop)
19. (New Prop)
20. Mitch Barnett
21. JJ Felise
22. Jamie Buhrer
23. Nathan Ross
24. Hymel Hunt
25. Mason Lino

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
So now we just pray that things go sour with Bennett and he gets the flick, Leaving TPJ to come here, would give us a readymade roster to compete for the title injuries permitting.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Can't seem to update the first post...

Update as of 2018/09/20

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Edrick Lee
3. Jesse Ramien
4. Tautau Moga
5. Shaun Kenny Dowell
6. Connor Watson
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Issac Luke
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Aiden Guerra
13. Tim Glasby

14. Danny Levi
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Pasami Saulo
17. Sione Mata'utia

18. (New Prop)
19. (New Prop)
20. Mitch Barnett
21. JJ Felise
22. Jamie Buhrer
23. Nathan Ross
24. Hymel Hunt
25. Mason Lino

Scorching hot backline with skill, power and speed to burn. Exciting stuff. ( I hope Watson works on a kicking game )

The run on side is close to ok, as we know we're missing a couple of big ass mean bastard scary props ( The type no one likes except for the supporters of the club they play for )

The bench is sad - Jsaf and the kid that sounds like a foot long Subway sandwich. Lacks size and if a team is only as good as it's bench we miss the 8 again next year. Our whole bench is made up of powder puffs more likely to hug and kiss the opposition than murder the bastards.

I'll be happy when I see Dsaf and Herman on our bench and the likes of Jsaf and the Subway guy in reserve grade.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
The bench is sad - Jsaf and the kid that sounds like a foot long Subway sandwich. Lacks size and if a team is only as good as it's bench we miss the 8 again next year. Our whole bench is made up of powder puffs more likely to hug and kiss the opposition than murder the bastards.
Jsaf 195cm, 114kg
Saulo 190cm, 103kg

Yeah, they're midgets

Latest posts