What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights Signings/Re-signings thread

Rusty

Juniors
Frank Pritchard is reportedly looking for a release from the Panthers, you guys reckon he's worth looking at?

keeney

First Grade
Tupou is pushing it enough, and he is much better than Pritchard. We simply don't need more backrowers, or forwards. A hooker and centre please.

Karmawave

Bench
You can write off Tupou.

He won't be coming to Newcastle - not unless there's some massive miracle anyway.

jb2

Juniors
With the tragic loss of Danny Buderus at the end of the season....
Who would you speculate to take over ?
I would love Cameron Smith but I doubt it would happpen somehow.

Would the Knights stick by their usual method of bringing up a homebread player or would they go off and do something they nearly never do and pay some big dollars for a good hooker ?

roopy

Referee
With the tragic loss of Danny Buderus at the end of the season....
Who would you speculate to take over ?
I would love Cameron Smith but I doubt it would happpen somehow.

Would the Knights stick by their usual method of bringing up a homebread player or would they go off and do something they nearly never do and pay some big dollars for a good hooker ?
There's a thread on this - or maybe a few threads.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=195419

By the way - welcome to the forum.

Champ

Juniors
Who are these guys playing for next year??

Knights

Marvin Karawana
Jacob Ling
Adam MacDougall
Jesse Royal
Lui Toimoana
Matt White
Tanu Wulf
Michael Young

roopy

Referee
Karawana was signed a few weeks ago and Smith has been looking for a way to use him in firstgrade ever since

Jono078

Referee
I hear Taumata is still coming here.

Still would have preferred we used his money on Royal or White.

shane1970

Juniors
After watching Gids last night in the challenge cup semi final - he's still go it I reckon which poses a couple of questions for me -
1 - How long did he sign for over there ???
2 - Would you/we have him back if he was value ????

MSKnight

Juniors
He signed on for another year and is returning to Australia after 2009.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/53887/Gardner-gets-tools-to-plant-his-record-

An article praising the wingers efforts, but reminding him that Gidley has been the provider.

England and St Helens winger Gardner has been chief beneficiary of Gidley’s classy and unselfish play over the past two seasons and the partnership is set to continue into 2009, with the latter agreeing to stay on for another year before heading back to Australia.

I'd love to have him back.

He and Jimmy would be lethal.

Last edited:

Latest posts