What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next up Rorters.

Crush

Coach
This should be a cracker. I am feeling pretty confident actually which worries me.
I was sure we would beat the tigers. Then was sure we'd lose to cowboys.
I dunno.
Go Dragons.

ouryears

Bench
This should be a cracker. I am feeling pretty confident actually which worries me.
I dunno.
Go Dragons.
Geeze I hope we win.
One team I hate losing to is the RoRters.

Plus Storm, Soufs, Manly, Broncos, Cowboys, Grubs, and others.

But the RoRters, yewwww!

If we complete our sets, our pack gets over them and our halves do their job, we can get past them by +4

Drag Queen

Bench
Dragons by 2 in a very close affair....their back 3 are their danger men - I think Latrell will be kept quiet by aitken...thats my tip...
I have a good feeling about this one , this could be exactly what puts us back into to
I have a good feeling about this one , this could be exactly what puts us back into top form .....
Love you Hazz but I'm not optimistic with this game. I have a feeling in my waters that we will go down the slippery ladder. I hope I'm wrong.

Hills Dragon

Juniors
I'm a bit concerned as they were saying on MMM this morning that Frizell probably won't play, and said something about "a couple of omissions". I hope the other one is Nene as we know about that already, and not someone else we don't know about already. Has anyone heard anything else?

hazzbeen

Bench
Not sure ... Either way they have to deal with it ....
I'm a bit concerned as they were saying on MMM this morning that Frizell probably won't play, and said something about "a couple of omissions". I hope the other one is Nene as we know about that already, and not someone else we don't know about already. Has anyone heard anything else?[/QUOTE not sure , but we have been lucky so far with injuries either way let's hope they can deal with it . You would think that we do have players that can step in if needed .

I dunno.
Go Dragons.
We do have a habit of performing well against good teams.......well not Melbourne obviously.......but yeah, I have a feeling we may do well.......maybe?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I'm a bit concerned as they were saying on MMM this morning that Frizell probably won't play, and said something about "a couple of omissions". I hope the other one is Nene as we know about that already, and not someone else we don't know about already. Has anyone heard anything else?

Mate it's Frizzthat is doutfull and jimmy graham as well.
Will know more tomorrow

getsmarty

Immortal
aitkine-180721701.jpg

DRAGONS

Origin snub to fire up Aitken against Latrell: JDB
Author
Brad Walter Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 25 Jul 2018, 06:01 PM

Jack de Belin believes St George Illawarra team-mate Euan Aitken will be out to prove a point against NSW centre Latrell Mitchell as the Dragons prepare to have their premiership credentials tested in Sunday's heavyweight clash with Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium.

After being on the top rung of the Telstra Premiership ladder for all but one week of 2018, the next two matches against the Roosters and Warriors are set to have a significant influence on their finishing position.

The Roosters are two points behind joint leaders Melbourne, St George Illawarra and South Sydney in fourth position and are starting to look like the team that was favoured to win the premiership before the start of the season. The Dragons, on the other hand, faltered during the State of Origin period are seeking to return to top form.

However, de Belin said he and St George Illawarra's four other Origin stars had now put the series behind them and were focused on helping the Dragons fulfill the pre-season goal of a top-four finish.

Coaches Corner: VB Hard Earned Effort

Roosters v Dragons preview

"Now our full squad is back together we can definitely be held accountable," de Belin said in reference to back-to-back losses to the Storm and Wests Tigers before last weekend's 24-10 defeat of North Queensland in Townsville.

"I'm not going to lie to you, it's been pretty hard. You feel you've reached the top of the mountain and what's there to do now. But it takes a week or two and you're back and want to do something special with the Dragons.

"We were back on the right path against the Cowboys and against the Roosters is going to be pretty tough. They're a quality side and I think they're starting to gel. I think coming into the finals they're going to be one of the teams to beat."

After beating out Aitken for a Blues jersey, Mitchell has returned to the Roosters full of confidence and his 24-point haul in last Sunday's 56-24 demolition of Manly was the most for the club since Mike Eden scored 26 points in round 21 of the 1983 competition.

"I suppose Euie will definitely be taking it personally," de Belin said. "Strength-wise, Euie is as strong as they come. He's built low to the ground and stocky, while Latrell is a big boy. You could put him in front row and he wouldn't look out of place.

"It came down to those two for the Origin centre spot and Latrell won out and did a fantastic job. I suppose Euie is going to have a point to prove, and he'll play well."

aitkene-celeb-1841333rc.jpg

Dragons duo Euan Aitken and Jack de Belin. :copyright:Robb Cox/NRL Photos
While the Dragons players haven't spoken about winning the premiership, de Belin said they had set a goal at the start of the season to finish in the top four.

After the Roosters, St George Illawarra play the Warriors at WIN Stadium and finish the season with four matches against teams outside the top eight in Parramatta, Wests Tigers, Canterbury and Newcastle.

"We set a goal at the start of the year to be top four and we're sitting in a good position at the moment so our destiny is in our own hands, I suppose," de Belin said.

"Last year we were in a good position and didn't make the finals, but this year we can do a lot better. We've learned from past mistakes."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/07/26/origin-snub-to-fire-up-aitken-against-latrell-jdb/

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons' Aitken out to stop Roosters star Latrell Mitchell
Local Sport
Euan Aitken has already scorched an “embarrassed” Greg Inglis this season.

But after missing out on a State of Origin spot, as Latrell Mitchell and James Roberts provided some of the attacking spark to spearhead NSW’s series win, Jack de Belin reckons Aitken will have a point to prove against the Roosters on Sunday. Mitchell finished with a personal tally of 24 points in the 56-24 of Manly last weekend, as if Aitken needed any reminder of his threat as an attacking weapon.

“It’s a good challenge there, I suppose Euie will definitely be taking it personally,” NSW and Dragons forward de Belin said.

r0_0_3000_2127_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Showdown: Euan Aitken. Picture: AAP Image/Daniel Pockett

“Strength-wise, Euie is strong as they com, he’s built low to the ground and stocky, while Latrell is a big boy.

“It came down to those guys for the Origin centre spot and Latrell won out and did a fantastic job.

“I suppose Euie is going to want to have a point to prove and he’ll play well.”

The fourth-placed Roosters are two points behind on the NRL ladder, but will leapfrog the Dragons on for-and-against with victory at Allianz Stadium. In April, Aitken surged into Origin considerations when he beat Inglis on the outside to score. Aitken has 10 tries in 18 games this year, while Mitchell has eight in 16, plus two more during the Origin campaign, as well as an NRL goalkicking strike-rate of 80 per cent.

Roberts has seven in 15, including a double against the Dragons in round one.

Dragons left-sided centre Tim Lafai backed Aitken to shut Mitchell down.

“Everyone knows the kid’s a freak, he’s a good talent and a reason why the Roosters are going well,” Lafai said.

"… Euie has been awesome, he’s been on of the best defensive centres (in the NRL this year).

“That right edge will do their homework and go into this game with the right mentality.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...to-shut-down-nsw-origin-star-mitchell/?cs=302

aitkine-180721701.jpg

DRAGONS

Origin snub to fire up Aitken against Latrell: JDB
Author
Brad Walter Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 25 Jul 2018, 06:01 PM

Jack de Belin believes St George Illawarra team-mate Euan Aitken will be out to prove a point against NSW centre Latrell Mitchell as the Dragons prepare to have their premiership credentials tested in Sunday's heavyweight clash with Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium.

After being on the top rung of the Telstra Premiership ladder for all but one week of 2018, the next two matches against the Roosters and Warriors are set to have a significant influence on their finishing position.

The Roosters are two points behind joint leaders Melbourne, St George Illawarra and South Sydney in fourth position and are starting to look like the team that was favoured to win the premiership before the start of the season. The Dragons, on the other hand, faltered during the State of Origin period are seeking to return to top form.

However, de Belin said he and St George Illawarra's four other Origin stars had now put the series behind them and were focused on helping the Dragons fulfill the pre-season goal of a top-four finish.

Coaches Corner: VB Hard Earned Effort

Roosters v Dragons preview

"Now our full squad is back together we can definitely be held accountable," de Belin said in reference to back-to-back losses to the Storm and Wests Tigers before last weekend's 24-10 defeat of North Queensland in Townsville.

"I'm not going to lie to you, it's been pretty hard. You feel you've reached the top of the mountain and what's there to do now. But it takes a week or two and you're back and want to do something special with the Dragons.

"We were back on the right path against the Cowboys and against the Roosters is going to be pretty tough. They're a quality side and I think they're starting to gel. I think coming into the finals they're going to be one of the teams to beat."

After beating out Aitken for a Blues jersey, Mitchell has returned to the Roosters full of confidence and his 24-point haul in last Sunday's 56-24 demolition of Manly was the most for the club since Mike Eden scored 26 points in round 21 of the 1983 competition.

"I suppose Euie will definitely be taking it personally," de Belin said. "Strength-wise, Euie is as strong as they come. He's built low to the ground and stocky, while Latrell is a big boy. You could put him in front row and he wouldn't look out of place.

"It came down to those two for the Origin centre spot and Latrell won out and did a fantastic job. I suppose Euie is going to have a point to prove, and he'll play well."

aitkene-celeb-1841333rc.jpg

Dragons duo Euan Aitken and Jack de Belin. :copyright:Robb Cox/NRL Photos
While the Dragons players haven't spoken about winning the premiership, de Belin said they had set a goal at the start of the season to finish in the top four.

After the Roosters, St George Illawarra play the Warriors at WIN Stadium and finish the season with four matches against teams outside the top eight in Parramatta, Wests Tigers, Canterbury and Newcastle.

"We set a goal at the start of the year to be top four and we're sitting in a good position at the moment so our destiny is in our own hands, I suppose," de Belin said.

"Last year we were in a good position and didn't make the finals, but this year we can do a lot better. We've learned from past mistakes."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/07/26/origin-snub-to-fire-up-aitken-against-latrell-jdb/
Didn't I say exactly this during the week?

BLM01

First Grade
Dragons' Aitken out to stop Roosters star Latrell Mitchell
Local Sport
Euan Aitken has already scorched an “embarrassed” Greg Inglis this season.

But after missing out on a State of Origin spot, as Latrell Mitchell and James Roberts provided some of the attacking spark to spearhead NSW’s series win, Jack de Belin reckons Aitken will have a point to prove against the Roosters on Sunday. Mitchell finished with a personal tally of 24 points in the 56-24 of Manly last weekend, as if Aitken needed any reminder of his threat as an attacking weapon.

“It’s a good challenge there, I suppose Euie will definitely be taking it personally,” NSW and Dragons forward de Belin said.

r0_0_3000_2127_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Showdown: Euan Aitken. Picture: AAP Image/Daniel Pockett

“Strength-wise, Euie is strong as they com, he’s built low to the ground and stocky, while Latrell is a big boy.

“It came down to those guys for the Origin centre spot and Latrell won out and did a fantastic job.

“I suppose Euie is going to want to have a point to prove and he’ll play well.”

The fourth-placed Roosters are two points behind on the NRL ladder, but will leapfrog the Dragons on for-and-against with victory at Allianz Stadium. In April, Aitken surged into Origin considerations when he beat Inglis on the outside to score. Aitken has 10 tries in 18 games this year, while Mitchell has eight in 16, plus two more during the Origin campaign, as well as an NRL goalkicking strike-rate of 80 per cent.

Roberts has seven in 15, including a double against the Dragons in round one.

Dragons left-sided centre Tim Lafai backed Aitken to shut Mitchell down.

“Everyone knows the kid’s a freak, he’s a good talent and a reason why the Roosters are going well,” Lafai said.

"… Euie has been awesome, he’s been on of the best defensive centres (in the NRL this year).

“That right edge will do their homework and go into this game with the right mentality.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...to-shut-down-nsw-origin-star-mitchell/?cs=302

BLM01

First Grade
Geez I hope Frizz is not out cause we need him and some this week to beat the $10m team when comparing both forms. But not on the expense if his dodgy back has flared up again as we need him injury free and playing like he did at origin running straight and into holes if only someone can draw and pass and not use him as a battering ram cutting back sideways from the edge back into the middle.

aquiin

Juniors
I’m not fussed. They could be a better team this week and we could beat them in September when it matters. Let them get their hopes up.

Not going to win the competition if we lose Frizell for the season.