What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

DC_fan

Coach
For mine Gruden at 7 years has been out of the coaching game for too long. But it's the Eagles so it wouldn't worry me.

nick87

Coach
Gruden isnt leaving a fat pay cheque doing what he's doing now for an NFL gig

He wants his name linked to jobs because it helps keep his leverage with ESPN and it allows him to sell himself to them as an in demand coach.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Not sure how I feel about this

He wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't hate it.

Ramifications of it is that we'd almost definitely keep Kap, which may not be the worst thing as it would give us the opportunity to draft and strengthen our squad in areas we need elsewhere. If Kap doesn't improve under Kelly then his contract is still team friendly and without looking at next years potential QB's I don't think we'd be missing out on much this year if we gave Kap one more year.

On the other side, I'm not convinced that Kap will rediscover his mojo under Kelly. Yes Kelly's offense suits a running QB like Kap, but it also requires a QB to be decisive and able to keep the offense rolling which Kap has not really shown the ability to do. While I don't see many QB's who wow me there's certainly a couple of guys who could be the goods in 2-3 seasons.

However, keeping Kap AND picking a QB high in the draft seems like a waste, and cutting Kap and throwing an unprepared rookie into a struggling side are both options I'm not fond of.

Yeah, I'm with you, not sure what to make of it.

Shorty

Staff member
Would anyone want Kelly? Apparently like the whole team hated him, that's damning even if they did have some success (winning seasons etc).
I think he needs to head back to college and dominate like Saban does.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It's just the wrong division to get any easy success in. Generally you have 3 strong teams each year and it's hard to rise to the top in that division.

I wonder if he will take aj mcarron with him. 2nd round pick sounds about right. You couldn't possibly want to keep Manziel

Edit: hue said if he took the job Manziel must go. Nice start.

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
It's just the wrong division to get any easy success in. Generally you have 3 strong teams each year and it's hard to rise to the top in that division.

I wonder if he will take aj mcarron with him. 2nd round pick sounds about right. You couldn't possibly want to keep Manziel

Edit: hue said if he took the job Manziel must go. Nice start.

Exactly, 3 pretty stable and settled franchises, QBs and HCs long term guys.

Go to NY. The NFCE is wide open most seasons, attractive market for FAs. Get the defence running okay, have an above average offensive line then load up coach up the offence, you've already got the 2 key pieces there in OBJ and Eli, they just need the supporting cast and scheme which Hue could deliver.

No brainer for me for any offensive minded coach in demand.

nick87

Coach
That's a great hire for the Browns. If they stick with him and give him 3 or 4 years to remake the roster, they'll be a good football team

Frederick

Staff member
That's a great hire for the Browns. If they stick with him and give him 3 or 4 years to remake the roster, they'll be a good football team

In 4 years time the Browns will have already fired Hue and two other head coaches

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
San Francisco showing some interest in Tom Coughlin who will be 70 come next season.

I doubt he'll be interested back, but will do the informal talks.

Tomsula had to go, but our progress forward has been hampered somewhat by the retention of Baalke.

Shorty

Staff member
Fantastic news for the Browns, I read this is their first choice guy and its like the first time they got him in ages.
Hopefully they can turn it around now since all the tools are in place.

Dallas front office - NO TO MANZIEL!

Latest posts