What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

dogslife

Coach
Will be interesting to see if Jimmy Graham gets the WR tag, Saints will need to shed a bit more talent

DC_fan

Coach
Will be interesting to see if Jimmy Graham gets the WR tag

Its a difference of about $5m. Graham will want the WR tag while the Saints will push for the TE tag.

Which ever way it goes its going to open a big can of worms.

DC_fan

Coach
Dion Jordan Trade Rumors: Latest Buzz Surrounding Dolphins OLB

By Patrick Clarke , Featured Columnist Feb 28, 2014

Next ARTICLE »
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
hi-res-ef0131ab7e5ef7873c735adbaee0b11a_crop_north.jpg

Al Bello/Getty Images

Reads

Comments

Miami Dolphins pass-rusher Dion Jordan failed to live up to expectations as a rookie in 2013, and now it appears that the franchise is looking to part ways with the former college standout.
According to CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora, the Dolphins have been trying their best to determine the 23-year-old's trade value since the season ended:

The Dolphins selected Jordan No. 3 overall in the 2013 NFL draft, hoping that he would make an immediate impact off the defensive edge. Unfortunately, he struggled mightily, recording just 26 combined tackles and two sacks through 16 regular-season games.
Spotrac.com indicates that Jordan is heading into the second year of his four-year, $20.5 million rookie deal.
Regardless of whether he's moved, one Dolphins source told The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson that this will be a crucial spring and summer for Jordan:
When we drafted Jordan, nobody expected Olivier Vernon to develop like he did. My concern is [Jordan] will have struggles playing against bigger tackles. If you play him at linebacker, he has far more range and speed and explosiveness than Misi. But Koa is more consistent and steady. Jordan gives you great flexibility because he can cover and rush the passer. This is a huge offseason for him.
Although Jordan didn't produce eye-popping numbers at Oregon, he did record 14.5 sacks and five forced fumbles in three seasons with the Ducks. Moreover, his 6'6", 260-pound frame made him an attractive prospect ahead of the draft.
But if Jordan can't stay on the field for significant stretches, it seems Miami is better off moving him in exchange for talent or assets it can use elsewhere.

hi-res-c85cd22366af394a510caa5ae1c80ea8_crop_exact.jpg

Al Bello/Getty Images

Jordan's lack of production is something he'll need to address quickly in order to stick around in the NFL. As NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal points out, however, the blame for his early struggles doesn't fall squarely on his shoulders:
The lack of development is partly on the Dolphins' staff. Jamie Collins, the New England Patriots' second-round draft pick, has a similar skill set to Jordan. The Patriots found a way to work Collins into the mix and play to his strengths late last season. The Dolphins didn't seem to know what to do with Jordan.
While it remains to be seen whether the Dolphins will in fact deal Jordan this offseason—and what they'll land in return if they do—it's obvious that Miami's vaunted pass rush will remain one of the team's strengths in 2014.
With Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon, who combined to record 20 sacks and two forced fumbles last season, set to return this coming season, the Dolphins' defensive front is poised to rank among the league's best yet again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-rumors-latest-buzz-surrounding-dolphins-olb

The Dolphins don't seem to want to show patience with their 1st round pick of last year.

nick87

Coach
Will be interesting to see if Jimmy Graham gets the WR tag, Saints will need to shed a bit more talent

Given he played 67% of snaps of snaps in the slot as a receiver, i think there is every chance the guy gets the WR tag, not TE tag. But yeah, that's going to be an interesting situation

nick87

Coach
The Dolphins don't seem to want to show patience with their 1st round pick of last year.

He never fit their scheme to begin with, it was a strange draft choice.

There was a rumor (an unlikely one at that) that Miami were willing to move him to Philly for Bryce Brown, Brandon Graham, 3rd round pick and some money back.

Which i think would be a hell of a deal for the eagles. To me that seems much like a fantasy trade dreamt up by someone who loves the eagles and loves Jordan's talent. OLB is a huge need for the Eagles, and if Chip Kelly thinks Jordan can be a quality NFL player, trading a 3rd, a third string RB (polk appeared to over take brown on the depth chart late last year), some money (which we have plenty of) and a guy who doesnt fit our scheme and is likely to be cut in the next 12 months sounds like a good risk-reward deal, but the Dolphins dont get much out of it. They get a better RB than they have now (easy to find RB's in this league), they get failed first round pick who is a better scheme fit and has flashed ability and they get a 3rd rounder in a depth draft... that's a hard sell to the fan base i think.

I wouldnt be shocked if the Eagles did try and get him if the Dolphins are serious but i dont think they are and i dont think if they were they'd be willing to accept the pittance the eagles would send to get him. Howie seems pretty confident on his drafts, i think he will back himself to find their own productive players rather than ship top end picks to a team (unless chip is adamant he is a stud, then maybe the eagles would offer a 2nd and conditional pick otherwise)

Last edited:

Eddie Lab

Juniors
geno has signed for a further 4 years for the panthers(12million deal). fantastic news for us. he was top 3 kicker last year.

gronkathon

First Grade
Foles, McCoy, Djax, Cooper, Maclin, Ertz and Celek.
That's a pretty awesome offense right there, if the eagles can be at least middle of the road on defense, we are a play off team again... if we can find away to get ourselves into top 10 defense, we could be challenging for a deep play off run

If fit can Benn play slot and RZ threat to allow the trade out of Avant (or shift to coaching ranks)

nick87

Coach
Avant is only 30 and is still a pretty reliable #3, especially teams that find themselves in big 3rd down spots. He's a smart guy who sits in zones well and makes tough, clutch catches... So i dont think he's ready to move into a coaching role

Personally i'd like to see him kept, his contract is too high for that right now, but if he was willing to restructure, stay on as our #4/5 guy and just be the offensive vet/locker room leader now, that'd be good.
And as a #4/5, you wont find a more reliable guy if Djax or Cooper, or Maclin go down hurt and we need to plug him in.

Patrick Chung and Brandon Graham are the guys i want cut and traded. Chung absolutely stinks and Graham doesnt fit our scheme at all anymore, moving on from both would free up about 7-8 million.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Panthers WR Steve Smith; rumours he may be released: Indianapolis?

I believe both sides are fighting hard for restructure. I doubt they will let him go.

but if they do it's not the end of the world. I believe he is costing 12 million in cap space and Ted Ginn produced the same numbers last year.

DC_fan

Coach
It appears the Redskins are not in too much of a rush to re-sign Brian Orakpo. He could hit the free agent market.

Orakpo would be a good pickup for a team in need of a pass rushing OLB. He got 10 sacks last season.

Big Mick

Referee
If I'm Buffalo, I take TJ Ward for $5-6m and re-sign Aaron Williams for $4-5m and we are sorted.

Byrd is good but sorry he isn't great and isn't the best Safety in the league.

He is made to look good by good D-Line play tbh.

nick87

Coach
It's going to be interesting to see what sort of deals Ward and Byrd get on an open market if they make it

For the eagles i'd like one of these 2 situations:

1. Sign Byrd to play FS, draft Pryor to play SS
2. Sign Ward to play SS, draft Haha to play FS

The eagles need 2 new safeties in this off season. And 2 safeties we can rely on to be quality players. None of this Patrick Chung-kick the tyres type of deal.

Though Wolff looked good at times last year so i guess if they think he'll develop, i can handle finding a FS and sticking with him

abpanther

Staff member

Pfft, another fluff story, Anne Killion blowing up smoke from an 'inside source'

It's probably from LaMichael James, hope we trade that guy, been bloody useless

There may be a power struggle between Harbaugh and Baalke but the players have never had an issue with Harbaugh, why would they while they keep winning

Latest posts