What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

nick87

Coach
Reggie Bush released by the Lions. Maybe to free up a spot for Hayne.

I get that he was hurt a lot, and has been in his career, but when healthy he was one of their most explosive play makers, and you've got Calvin Johnson on the decline too, and they are now paying him 3.5 million to save 1.7... I just dont get that

abpanther

Staff member
The guy has been ineffective, even when healthy, only averaging 3.9 yards per carry last season. He's essentially nothing more than a third down back and I think they're pretty happy with how Theo Riddick handled those duties when Bush was out.

Joique is their bell cow now

gronkathon

First Grade
Herremans about to be cut from the Eagles.

Can't say I am shocked at all to be honest. Time was right

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
The guy has been ineffective, even when healthy, only averaging 3.9 yards per carry last season. He's essentially nothing more than a third down back and I think they're pretty happy with how Theo Riddick handled those duties when Bush was out.

Joique is their bell cow now

That maybe true, but again, it's 3.5 million to save 1.7 million but then you have to replace him on the roster, so even at a minimum, it's then 4 mil to save 1.2 mil and i dont think you get a better player in that spot.

I like Theo Riddick a lot, but i dont think Bell is a bell cow. I dont think you can give him 300 carries and get 1200/10 or what ever
I think he is ideal in the role he is playing. A banger and short yardage guys. Ideally you want him taking 150-200 carries including short yardage and goal line.

God-King Dean

Immortal
2014 average yards per carry:
Bush 3.9
Bell 3.9
Riddick 2.6

2013:
Bush 4.5
Bell 3.9
Riddick 2.8

Despite having an injury riddled season, he still has the same ave. as Bell.

Granted, those 2 are better receivers. But in a short yardage situation, I know who I'd rather have.

Could say we are freeing up money for Suh. But I doubt it hinges on 1.7.

He deserved another season.

shiznit

Coach
Greg Hardy apparently is seeking instant reinstatement...

And the raiders rumour mill has gone ten to the dozen saying we will be first in to offer...

I'm pretty uneasy about that... I don't mind a guy with questionable character on the field... But off the field I think we need to have standards.

He would be a great fit for us... If we manage to get Pot Roast and Suh who we are already heavily linked too... We would almost have one of the best DLines in the league at least on paper...

But there's a lot of water to go under the bridge until then...

aqua_duck

Coach
2014 average yards per carry:
Bush 3.9
Bell 3.9
Riddick 2.6

2013:
Bush 4.5
Bell 3.9
Riddick 2.8

Despite having an injury riddled season, he still has the same ave. as Bell.

Granted, those 2 are better receivers. But in a short yardage situation, I know who I'd rather have.

Could say we are freeing up money for Suh. But I doubt it hinges on 1.7.

He deserved another season.
To me Bell is another BJGE

Eddie Lab

Juniors
lots of potential WR#2-3's being released at the moment. hope the panthers pick up a couple and then focus on OL for the draft.

shiznit

Coach
As expected Dez Bryant & Demarius Thomas have both been confirmed as given the franchise tag.

No word from the Eagles yet about Maclin... Interesting as there's been rumours swirling that they aren't keen on tagging him.

The Lions have confirmed they won't be tagging Suh.... Given his monumental number it's not surprising...

nick87

Coach
Deadline has passed Maclin not tagged, which makes me think they are pretty close to a long term extension
Players can start talking to other teams on March 7th, im expecting a deal to be reached before then

shiznit

Coach
Deadline has passed Maclin not tagged, which makes me think they are pretty close to a long term extension
Players can start talking to other teams on March 7th, im expecting a deal to be reached before then
Yeah.... I was hearing that the franchise tag was never an option for him as it was paying 13M or something....

I have heard that he's keen on resigning with the eagles....

If he hits the market you would think the Raiders will be right in there... But I haven't seen any speculation about him... It's all been about Randall Cobb..

nick87

Coach
I think if he leaves Philly, it's almost certainly going to be KC and Andy Reid who snap him up IMO.
They have a need, money and personal connection to him. Also pretty close to home for Maclin.

Oakland have money and they might be interested but i doubt they get in front of KC for him.

Last edited:

legend

Coach
McCourty set to hit the open market as the Pats tagged Gostkowski. He'll be in huge demand!

I thought the Lions tagged Suh?

Oops. My bad. Read the headline wrong...

nick87

Coach
My wish list:
Re-sign Maclin, Cut Cary Williams, Re-Struture Shady McCoy, Trent Cole and DeMeco Ryans
That would give us around 20mil to spend

Sign:
S: McCourty or Rolle
CB: Maxwell or Culliver or Flowers
G: Iupati or Franklin

Lets say Maxwell for 9mil, Rolle for 6mil and Iupati for 4-5mil

I also wouldnt mind taking fliers on OLB Orakpo and ILB Weatherspoon