What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

nick87

Coach
Chip needs a north-south runner in the backfield, especially in the red zone, Shady for all his splash plays just doesn’t like sticking his nose inside the tackles and taking the tough 2-3 yards. Too much dancing behind the line and that gets us behind down and distance. Add in the 12 million cap hit, and trading him makes sense for the Eagles

shiznit

Coach
Chip needs a north-south runner in the backfield, especially in the red zone, Shady for all his splash plays just doesn’t like sticking his nose inside the tackles and taking the tough 2-3 yards. Too much dancing behind the line and that gets us behind down and distance. Add in the 12 million cap hit, and trading him makes sense for the Eagles
How about a couple of years Frank Gore??

He's got ALOT of mileage... But for the right price you could get a good couple of years out of him and Sproles while you draft a couple of young project RB's in the late rounds.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Na i dont see that.
We've got Brad Jones ILB as well signed up. Now Kiko. I think we've slated to have 55mil in cap space if we release DeMeco Ryans (which given these moves seems a given)

Id say Chip wants to rebuild his defense in FA, so im expecting two corners, a safety, and an OLB to come via FA (I would say McCourty, Rolle or Moore at Safety - Maxwell and maybe Culliver at Corner, someone like Worilds or even bringing back Brandan Graham at OLB) and then just leave himself a few slots in to draft offense.

Rumors swirling that Chip is freeing up space so he can fill his spots in FA, and allow him the freedom to trade picks for Mariota.

Tom155

Coach
Love the trade for the eagles, getting a young stud LB for a declining RB with lots of miles on his legs.

& as some on here know I am a big fan of Chris Polk so I think he & maybe a draft pick can easily get the job done for philly at a huge discounted cost to what McCoy was on & they can use that money to fix the holes on D.

dogslife

Coach
Boom or bust trade for Philly. Alonso could be a beast, but he is coming off an ACL injury so who knows.

The Bills still don't have a QB either.

Big Mick

Referee
I had heard a month ago that Kiko lost a bit of burst and that Bills were going to stick with Bradham...but thought it was BS.

Now not so sure.

shiznit

Coach
Bills will get a QB in the draft though wont they?

anyway. i hope he does well up there.

as for Kiko. sad day for this lass.

http://deadspin.com/report-from-buffalo-kiko-alonso-jersey-traded-for-blow-1459749225
Below the top 2.... There's not much in this draft class at QB... Especially considering the Bills traded away there 1 for Sammy Watkins.

A kid I reckon could offer some value for them if they were to draft a QB... Garret Grayson from Colorado State... The run a pro system out there apparently... And people have been saying that he could be the Derek Carr of this years draft...

abpanther

Staff member
Interesting trade, I like it more for the Eagles although I think McCoy could go off in Roman's offensive system which is predicated on a creative power running game.

Only thing is that system is designed for a one cut, up the field slashing RB and as Nick has mentioned Shady has had a tendency to dance a little too much

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Shady, Cole, Williams gone.

I wonder if they drop Ryans as well.

Have Alonso, Sign Hardy, Fairley, McCourty, Culiver and Reggie Bush.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Very good trade or the bills, our d is already loaded with better players, kiko from all reports has lost a yard in pace, kiko apart from a great first half to his rookie year was only average.

Bills got a legit weapon, kiko still has ? Marks.

gronkathon

First Grade
Bills O Line is still below average though. Without an athletic and competent O Line McCoy will be next to useless outside the screen passing game

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bills O Line is still below average though. Without an athletic and competent O Line McCoy will be next to useless outside the screen passing game

You do t think the bills know that and will be aggressive with there 40 mill up there sleeves this offseason? They stared the process alrwasy by getting incognito, secondly they will get jake locker or a Matt Moore to compete for qb. Lastly, the bills o line regressed badly under marrone, a year and a half prior it was very competent with a lot of the same faces. Marrone was a horrid coach and worse on offense

dogslife

Coach
The Bills have roughly half that cap space once you factor in Shady's deal.

And I sincerely hope you're not getting that carried away at the prospect of a Jake Locker/Matt Moore/EJ Manuel competition for the starting job?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Bills have roughly half that cap space once you factor in Shady's deal.

And I sincerely hope you're not getting that carried away at the prospect of a Jake Locker/Matt Moore/EJ Manuel competition for the starting job?

spiller wont be re-signed minus 4-5 mill, shady is on ten, we are 5 off = make it 35 mil in space.

The bills just got an amazing player for a guy who has only put together his first 6-7 good and nothing after and who already has had 2 knee reco's in 4 years. Anyone that thins Phili got the better deal has rocs in the heads, there was know guarentee that Kiko was going to beat out 1st year 3rd round rookie Preston Brown next year.

Latest posts