What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

gronkathon

First Grade
From Philly's POV worth weighing up the reports that the Eagles were just going to straight out cut McCoy if no trade partner could be found.

Would rather the situation where we get Alonso who I do rate (especially in Kelly's system) than last years cutting of Jackson and getting nothing

Big Mick

Referee
2 7th rounders apparently.

But fmd...why? Could have had him in FA when he was released.

Never liked Cassel.

nick87

Coach
Andrew Brandt was on the Ross Tucker Podcast today and gave a really good break down of why this makes sense for Philly. Even if they gave up the better player

DC_fan

Coach
Haynes contract most likely is three one year deals, not one three year deal. So the 49ers can cut him loose anytime they wish.

legend

Coach
An undrafted FA's three year deal is part of the NFL's CBA. I don't think it's three one year deals. And no, it's not a futures contract. He's an undrafted FA, just like C J Anderson etc.

abpanther

Staff member
Andrew Brandt was on the Ross Tucker Podcast today and gave a really good break down of why this makes sense for Philly. Even if they gave up the better player

Yeah I've been listening to his podcasts lately, he's really good at breaking down the cap ramifications for stuff around the league

Mhartew

Juniors
From what I've read, Haynes contract is $100k guaranteed for 6 months, then paid the league minimum for every week he's on the 53 man. Can cut after anytime after at no cost. If he's on the roster for 17 weeks, league minimum is $435k. If he's on the practice squad he gets $6300 a week.

Got that info from Fox Sport Aus NFL guy Laurie Horesh

Mhartew

Juniors
3 year contract basically means they have his rights for 3 years or until cut. Nothing outside $100k is guaranteed.

nick87

Coach
Yeah I've been listening to his podcasts lately, he's really good at breaking down the cap ramifications for stuff around the league

Yeah i really enjoy Brandt. He's been on a lot of different sides of the business. I kind of find myself agreeing with most the takes he has on things, including this.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah i really enjoy Brandt. He's been on a lot of different sides of the business. I kind of find myself agreeing with most the takes he has on things, including this.

Been listening to Cosell's stuff lately too on the draft class, he's good too

zombie jesus

Staff member
Steelers trying to force Troy to Retire, sad considering he'a my favourite player and has been since day 1.

Traded up to get Shamarko Thomas 2 years ago so everyone knew this was coming, he's been down for a while now, his wife wants him to retire to avoid concussions, I'm guessing he'll be cut some time after the new league year opens up.

Latest posts