What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Ron Jeremy

Coach
we just need to sign 1-2 more guards, get a matt more or jake locker (a qb with some upside) and we are looking very good for next year

shiznit

Coach
spiller wont be re-signed minus 4-5 mill, shady is on ten, we are 5 off = make it 35 mil in space.

The bills just got an amazing player for a guy who has only put together his first 6-7 good and nothing after and who already has had 2 knee reco's in 4 years. Anyone that thins Phili got the better deal has rocs in the heads, there was know guarentee that Kiko was going to beat out 1st year 3rd round rookie Preston Brown next year.
Something to consider also are the Raiders and the Jaguars being flush with cash and they are required to spend it all or will be punished by the league for not meeting the minimum spend requirements in the CBA.

The talk is those 2 are going to drive the FA prices through the roof for there positions of need...

I don't think the Raiders will be looking too much at O-Line... Maybe a Centre...

I think the Jags will be putting a considerable amount of that 70M of cap space on the O-Line... Which will make things real tough if the Bills want to rebuild the line...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Something to consider also are the Raiders and the Jaguars being flush with cash and they are required to spend it all or will be punished by the league for not meeting the minimum spend requirements in the CBA.

The talk is those 2 are going to drive the FA prices through the roof...

I don't think the Raiders will be looking too much at O-Line... Maybe a Centre...

I think the Jags will be putting a considerable amount of that 70M of cap space on the O-Line... Which will make things real tough if the Bills want to rebuild the line...

maybe so, but I think the jags are worse off on the defensive side, plus teh bills are a side on the rise and they maybe able to entice FA's this season at a cheaper price hopefully

shiznit

Coach
maybe so, but I think the jags are worse off on the defensive side, plus teh bills are a side on the rise and they maybe able to entice FA's this season at a cheaper price hopefully
It's almost a given that they will be drafting Leonard Williams at DT/E...

So there biggest needs are on the offensive line... Especially at left tackle...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It's almost a given that they will be drafting Leonard Williams at DT/E...

So there biggest needs are on the offensive line... Especially at left tackle...

Left tackle isn't where our weaknesses are, it is the guard spot where we are woeful, Henderson is a promising young tackle for the bills, he has a lot if potential.

Don't underestimate how badly ciached we were last year, we were 9-7 thanks to gym shorts and the d

dogslife

Coach
spiller wont be re-signed minus 4-5 mill, shady is on ten, we are 5 off = make it 35 mil in space.

The bills just got an amazing player for a guy who has only put together his first 6-7 good and nothing after and who already has had 2 knee reco's in 4 years. Anyone that thins Phili got the better deal has rocs in the heads, there was know guarentee that Kiko was going to beat out 1st year 3rd round rookie Preston Brown next year.
Spiller was a free agent anyway was he not? You can't just minus him off the cap when he wasn't on it to begin with...

Over the Cap has them at roughly $30m in cap space, that's even before factoring in Shady's deal

nick87

Coach
Opinion seems split amongst fans and experts. I'd say the deal is reasonable fair.
Bills fans seem happy, Eagles fans seem happy. Good stuff

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Spiller was a free agent anyway was he not? You can't just minus him off the cap when he wasn't on it to begin with...

Over the Cap has them at roughly $30m in cap space, that's even before factoring in Shady's deal

he was, but would've cost 5-6 mil to resign and was already on about 5. I have seen bills as at this week projected around 40, and that is the figure thrown around the bills boards...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Opinion seems split amongst fans and experts. I'd say the deal is reasonable fair.
Bills fans seem happy, Eagles fans seem happy. Good stuff

really? i'd be pissed if i were an eagles fan. Kiko only played great in his first 6-7 games then nothing after that, he actually became somewhat of a liability on the d, hell his last sack came in rd 4 of his rookie year, not 1 sack after that for the rest of the year.

He is coming off his 2 nee reco, has had hip surgery and from all reports has lost a pace and no guarentee to even be starting on the bills d, as i said i would be pissed if i were an eagles fan.

I told a mate tonight though, i think there maybe more to this trade, i thin foles might be a bill too for some pics..

dogslife

Coach
he was, but would've cost 5-6 mil to resign and was already on about 5. I have seen bills as at this week projected around 40, and that is the figure thrown around the bills boards...
Clearly no comprehension on how the salary cap works, let's hope the Bills front office does

nick87

Coach
Could be right on Foles, wouldnt shock me at all.

The reality as i said before is Chip Kelly's offense is based heavily on staying ahead of down and distance and Shady just refused to take the hard yards inside the tackles, constantly dancing in the hole, trying to break everything outside... sure it produced some amazing splash plays and highlights, but it also produced a f**k load of 2nd and 12s and 3rd and longs. We need someone who hits the hole, is north and south and picks up the 2-3 and 4 yard gains, instead of taking the no gain and losses trying to hit home runs.

Add to that the milage on his tyres, the fact he's almost certainly peaked as an RB, and he was owed 12 effing million. No one should be paying a RB 12 mil in this day and age. The class is deep, the FA pool is deep. We can get similar production if not better for literally 1/4 the cost.

Kiko is a gun ILB. It's a position of need. We've now got him and Kenndricks in the middle and that could be VERY dynamic. As long as he checks out in the medical, ive got no reason to think he's lost anything that made him a really good young player. He's fast, instinctive, a ball hawk and tackle machine. Perfect compliment to Kendricks who can blitz the A gap.

Let me put it this way, im pretty confident that in 5 years time this will be seen as a slam dunk win for the Eagles.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Could be right on Foles, wouldnt shock me at all.

The reality as i said before is Chip Kelly's offense is based heavily on staying ahead of down and distance and Shady just refused to take the hard yards inside the tackles, constantly dancing in the hole, trying to break everything outside... sure it produced some amazing splash plays and highlights, but it also produced a f**k load of 2nd and 12s and 3rd and longs. We need someone who hits the hole, is north and south and picks up the 2-3 and 4 yard gains, instead of taking the no gain and losses trying to hit home runs.

Add to that the milage on his tyres, the fact he's almost certainly peaked as an RB, and he was owed 12 effing million. No one should be paying a RB 12 mil in this day and age. The class is deep, the FA pool is deep. We can get similar production if not better for literally 1/4 the cost.

Kiko is a gun ILB. It's a position of need. We've now got him and Kenndricks in the middle and that could be VERY dynamic. As long as he checks out in the medical, ive got no reason to think he's lost anything that made him a really good young player. He's fast, instinctive, a ball hawk and tackle machine. Perfect compliment to Kendricks who can blitz the A gap.

Let me put it this way, im pretty confident that in 5 years time this will be seen as a slam dunk win for the Eagles.

raider, problem is, I dont think Kiko is a gun, he started of his first NFL season well but dropped of badly in the second half of it, and that was under a great d coach in Mike Pettine.

I said in another thread that i have a gut feeling kiko wont be elite, but will develop into a good d player, at best a london fletcher like player at the very absolute best, and that is not taking into account Kiko's injuries which have been huge problems

Ron Jeremy

Coach
:lol: How could I forget the salary cap wizards that frequent the Bills forums!

https://www.nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

Watch that $27.1m figure go down some time tomorrow when they factor in the trade

no more then what you do, but surprised myself that has come down from 40 in a space of 4 or so days :?

still glad to have that space still before the number of dead wood on good coin we wil no doubt cut:)

Big Mick

Referee
:lol: How could I forget the salary cap wizards that frequent the Bills forums!

https://www.nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

Watch that $27.1m figure go down some time tomorrow when they factor in the trade

Figure today after the trade indicates about 18.5m in cap space left for 4 draft picks & FA.

But we also have some cap overrun where we can go over the cap by what we didn't spend under it the year prior.

So given that we could have around 25-30m left.

gronkathon

First Grade
You do t think the bills know that and will be aggressive with there 40 mill up there sleeves this offseason? They stared the process alrwasy by getting incognito, secondly they will get jake locker or a Matt Moore to compete for qb. Lastly, the bills o line regressed badly under marrone, a year and a half prior it was very competent with a lot of the same faces. Marrone was a horrid coach and worse on offense

Don't rate Incognito in terms of providing what Shady needs to be successful

Will be an interesting year or two to see where it all falls

Latest posts