What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

perverse

Referee
excuse my ignorance.. but i've looked around a bit and i don't understand the concept of the forum 7's?

i wanna get involved.

-edit- i did find one link that was allegedly supposed to be the rules.. but alas it was broken. -/edit-

Misanthrope

Staff member
http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com

Is the best place to start. Basically, it's a fortnightly essay writing competition. Each member of a team of five posts a 750 word (max) article about some facet of league. The articles are marked and each team given a total to decide a winner.

It's a bit of fun, although with everyone apparently AWOL it's not been so great lately :lol:

les norton

First Grade
I'm really sorry chris...I am moving on saturday and my computer is apart. (at the parentals right now).

I will getting cracking on a hard copy and post it to ya if ya like :D

(sh!t...i sooo hope you dont take me up on that offer :D)

Misanthrope

Staff member
:lol:

It's all good. I may just have to forfeit this round. At the moment I know brandell's without internet access and MrC is busy working the Easter Show. :(

Misanthrope

Staff member
Alright, guys. We need a team. The game deadline isn't until Wednesday week but I don't want to see us forfeitting again. Who is up for a run?

1: CWBush (c)
2: PrideKnight

We made such a good start to the season, and it seems a waste to let it all come to naught.

Misanthrope

Staff member
2: PrideKnight
3: Poffosbiggestfan (Debut!)
4:
5:

6:
7:

Who else is keen for a run? RABK? MrC? thuga? Parki? Anyone?

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's actually not for a while yet. I forgot that there was an ANZAC Test this week, which means our kick-off probably isn't until Sunday week. Plenty of time to work on those articles, lads and lasses!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Alright guys, full time is a week and five hours from now. Are all those who said they were free still keen to give it a go? The team was:

2: Poffosbiggestfan
3: MrCharisma
4: PrideKnight
5: brandell

6: Downie
7: Parki

We need two more! Who's up for a run?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Knights forummers,

Your F7s team page has been updated.

The link is here: http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/team-07knights.php

You click on the profile pics to see the player profile.

For anyone wanting to update their profiles, here are the questions:

Position -
Junior club -
Favourite Rugby League team -
Hobbies -
Fave Food -
Fave movie -
Fave song -
Fave book -
How I got into the F7s -
What I'd be doing if I wasn't a F7s player -
Anything else? -

You can provide a profile pic of your choice (your avatar for example).

Cheers and best of luck in the F7s. :thumn

Misanthrope

Staff member
Although we lost the game as a result of being a man down, I just wanted to applaud the fantastic effort from the team this work. In his first game, Jobber/poffosbiggestfan looked like a seasoned pro - and Parki's eleventh hour inclusion also scored well. Big wraps to brandell on what may well be his highest total ever, and I was really happy with my own effort.

That said, we can still improve by getting a full side on the park. So, who's up for another run this time?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd like to welcome Locky_Jr to the side. She's joined us from the Cougars and is ready and raring to go. As for the upcoming clash, I've got the following tentative side down.

2: MrCharisma
3: Parki
4: PrideKnight
5: Locky_Jr

6: brandell

Still looking for some reserves, and I'm happy to bench it if somebody wants a run.

Black Kitty

Juniors
Hello all :)

I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. :D
Like Locky_Jr I'm a Cougars runaway.
I thought I'd be a homeless F7's player, but had more doors opened to me than I expected. CW was one of those who offered me a new home, and I have (obviously) accepted.

Look forward to the rest of the season with you guys. Hope I can do you proud.

Your not a very talkative bunch hey?
boy are you in for a shock now LJ and I are together again :lol:
(poor poor Knights :lol:)

Misanthrope

Staff member
We used to be really talkative, but our more active teammates have, alas, disappeared. Hopefully you and LJ can remedy that :p

Hallatia

Referee
Black Kitty said:
Hello all :)
Your not a very talkative bunch hey?
boy are you in for a shock now LJ and I are together again :lol:
(poor poor Knights :lol:)
so glad to have you back on my side Black Kitty, we are going to liven this place up! I will start with my profile picture, just for you Black Kitty
099235311.jpg

CWBush said:
We used to be really talkative, but our more active teammates have, alas, disappeared. Hopefully you and LJ can remedy that :p
ofcourse we will, by the way Bushy, are we still trying to recuit?

Misanthrope

Staff member
ofcourse we will, by the way Bushy, are we still trying to recuit?

We could use an extra player or two, but I'm fairly happy with our current roster. If you know of anybody who wants a team, send 'em my way ;)

RABK

Referee
Sorry i haven't contributed this year at all. I'll start to write some articles so i am ready to have a start and be a benchie throughout the year.