What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

My article is up. I'm reasonably happy, although not ecstatic, with how it turned out. I was finding some of it a bit hard to put into words... hoipe it doesn't come across too clumsy.

I plagiarised a bit of one of my old Survivor entries... hope that's not cheating!

All opinion and feedback greatly appreciated.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Top read mate!

A supporters group is made by knowing that you whether you are at Toyota Park, Brookvale Oval or Telstra Stadium, you are never alone.

That sentence seems a little awkward. Might want to double check it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
So far we've got The_Joey_Show's excellent article up, and I've just finished proof-reading brandell's personal and intriguing article which should be up soon. thuga is three quarters through his.

How is yours coming along, Jamie?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Mine is up and I've read over Jamie's and sent it back to him. Not entirely happy with mine, but that's what you get after five straight :lol:

I've got MrCharisma on stand-by in case thuganomics gets too interested in Rugby League 2

Great work guys... all five articles up on time.

Magro, you're a champ... Benchie of the Year! Come through for us again in a clutch situation. Jamie... top article again mate. A well deserved wrap for an under-rated member of the Knights' revival.

thuganomics

Coach
CWBush said:
I've got MrCharisma on stand-by in case thuganomics gets too interested in Rugby League 2

Sorry mate. I havn't even played the game yet, but I had to work Overtime on short notice at the restraunt. Worked the full day and had no internet access all day and didn't finish of my article.

Very sorry team.

MrCharisma

Bench
The_Joey_Show said:
Great work guys... all five articles up on time.

Magro, you're a champ... Benchie of the Year! Come through for us again in a clutch situation. Jamie... top article again mate. A well deserved wrap for an under-rated member of the Knights' revival.

Thanks mate... it was a sloopy article written up in 25 minutes while on the sauce.... so if some of it doesn't make sense, that's the Woodstock talking :p

Top effort by everyone here guys.... hopefully we can bring the goods home to Newcastle!

Misanthrope

Staff member
The late rally is exactly what I love about this team. MrCharisma comes in off the bench and I write my own article in between drinks before going out. Even if we don't take it out, at least we've shown how reliable our outfit can be.

BUGGER!

We got done... 439 to 427. Very solid scores from our guys (an 87, two 86's and two 85's) but just lacking that killer article that would have got us over the line.

Bad luck guys... we all put our best efforts into this and we have come up just short. Looking at the positives though, we have unearthed a number of promising newcomers, and set in place the traditions that our new team will live by. We will be better for this failure come the real season.

I encourage all our players to get across to the game thread and congratulate the Sharks too. I'm hurting about the defeat too, but they have all thanked us for a good game and we don't want to look like sore losers.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Dammit, one or two more respectable scores and we'd have made that one a real thriller. Solid effort across the board, guys, we just lacked that little something extra.

Latest posts