What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Red Wings have destroyed the Coyotoes in Game 2! Z gets a hatrick to boot! And we are all level in this series 1-1, going into game 3 in Detroit. Woohoo!!!!!!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Sharks managed to come back in OT to beat the Avs 6-5 and level their series too! Wow These playoffs are going to be brilliant and we've only had the opening quater finals!

On a side note, if I had to pick the best teams to play out the Conferences finals to decide which two make it to the Stanley Cup this is what I'd pick:

West Conf: Detroit v Chicargo/Detroit v Colorado, Detroit v Nashville, Detroit v San Jose. I believe the Avs, Blackhakws, Pred and Sharks pose the biggest threat to the Red Wings, however if the Nucks or Kings also make it that wouldn't be a bad thing either. Yotes may have chance but they are going to be play better then the Wings to beat them. So out of the ones I've already selected I'd say Detroit v Blackhawks in the Conference final would be a great match up as I think both teams could beat each other.

East Conf: Pittsburhg v New Jersey, Pittsburgh v Washington, Pittsburgh v Buffalo, Pittsburgh v Philadelphia

Forget what the Pens did last year, that's was then, this is now. We'll find out jsut how good they are this time around. The teams I believe they have generally struggled against are the Devils and the Caps. Sabres and Flyers could spoil their party as well. Ideally I'd love to see Penguins v Devils conference final as I think the Devils pose the main threat to the Penguins title defense, although the Caps are also serious contenders.

My ideal Stanely Cup Final from the Conference finals: Wings v Devils, Wings v Penguins, Blackhakws v Devils, Blackhakws v Penguins (and roles reversal if you list the east teams first). It would annoy a lot of people if the Pens and Wings fightit ou again. I don't personally see it happening, maybe only one wil make it to end not both (ideally be it the Wings!)

The others will need to show more before I think they are likely to be big movers to knock the others off.

So to summarise :p teams to beat: Wings, Pens, Devils, Caps, Hawks, Sharks,
possib spoilers: Canadians, Bruins, Sabres, Avs, Flyers, Sens, Yotes, Preds, Kings, Nucks

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Red Wings lose out in game 3 and now trail series 1-2, Penguins defeat Sens for a second straight time and take game 3 putting them ahead 2-1 in their series. flyers scrap home with an OT goal putting them ahead as well 2-1 over Devils. Blackhakws playing later today will want to win game 2 otherwise they are in serious trouble v Preds, Shakrs looking to win again vs Aves. Tomorrow the other teams will be playing, Bruns v Sabres have their series tied 1-1 as do the Caps and Canadians

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
The Sens win will keep them in it but Pens still have the upperhand. On my beloved Red Wings are playing today!! Their series is tied 2-2