What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

Skeletor

Juniors
I don't think you can write off the flyers that easily. They've looked like a team possessed so far these playoffs. Both teams have inexperienced goaltending as a major question mark, the flyers have the better defense IMO and the Hawks have an advantage on offense, but it's not as big as some make it out to be.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
The Hawks also have to overcome the Hossa Curse :)

LOL they'll be fine I wouldn't worry.

The Flyers definitely have some bite with their defense and their offesne isn't too bad either so it'll be a hard one but I just feel the Hawks might have more of an advantage. Offensively they remind me of the Penguins, and defensively they got the guys to do it (kind of a simiar mould to the defense the Red Wings, when we have Lidstrom and Rafalski together) so they could be tough.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Hossa hopes third time in Cup Final is the charm
from nhl.com

CHICAGO -- Excuse Marian Hossa if this feels a little bit like déjà vu times two.

The Chicago Blackhawks' winger will be making his third-straight appearance in the Stanley Cup Final with his third-different team. He played for Pittsburgh in 2008 and Detroit in 2009.

According to the ever-reliable Elias Sports Bureau, when the series begins Hossa will become the first player to ever play in the Stanley Cup Final in three-consecutive years with three-different teams.

"Yeah, it is weird," Hossa said. "I'm speechless."
He's also hungry. Hossa is 0-for-2 after losing with Pittsburgh (to Detroit) in 2008 and with Detroit (to Pittsburgh) in 2009. You have to think that now, Hossa's got a hunch he's due.

"I want to touch the next trophy," he said. "It's a great feeling coming to the Finals again, definitely it is, but this time I want to finish in a much more positive way. People say this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance. Well, it's my third one so it would be great to do it."

Hossa went scoreless with only 3 assists in last year's Final, but he had 3 goals and 4 assists with Pittsburgh in the six-game series against Detroit two years ago.

He's heard the old saying, "third time's a charm," and was crossing his fingers when it was brought up to him again Sunday.

"I really hope so," he said.

Of course, through his previous two experiences, Hossa has learned about all the various nuances and distractions a player is presented when he goes to the Final. He believes this Blackhawks team is built to win there.

"There's lots of enthusiasm here," he said. "This is a young group with lots of energy; the motor seems like it never stops running, and that's what is great about this team. Even when we're down we just keep going.

The Blackhawks proved that Sunday by rallying from a 2-0 deficit to beat San Jose, 4-2, finishing off their sweep of the Sharks in the Western Conference Finals.

"We were down 2-0 and we got a couple of ugly ones, and all of a sudden the game is on," Hossa said. "Then we just out-skated the opponent."

Hossa played another strong game Sunday, but again his stick was silent. No one on the Blackhawks is more snake-bitten when it comes to scoring than No. 81, who has only 2 goals in the playoffs and didn't score on 15 shots over four games against San Jose.
"Oh, I am frustrated, trust me," Hossa said, while still smiling because the Blackhawks won despite his lack of offense. "Definitely, I'm getting close chances, but for whatever reason the puck doesn't want to jump in. That gets in a goal scorer's head."

Hossa has done just about everything else well, though, which is why he's still skating on the second line and still playing more than 19 minutes, as he did on Sunday.

"I try to do other stuff better than I used to do, like going hard back and killing penalties," Hossa said. "I'm putting the pride in that department and trying to be plus for the team that way while still trying to shoot the puck. I'm hoping one lucky one will go in and we can go further with that."

He has at least four more games to get lucky. Then again, it seems like Hossa always has another four more games at this time of the season.

"It's a great moment," he said, "but we have one round ahead of us and it's going to be the biggest one."

I hope for his sakes he finally gets to hoist Lord Stanley. He's such a talented player. Not every player gets to play in a Stanley Cup Final let alone three in three years!

C'mon Hawks!!!

Ensane

Juniors
couldnt really care who wins, but here's hoping to an even contest dragged out to 7 games.. thanks to the tv networks will have to wait till sunday for game 1...

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Congratulations to the Philadelphia Flyers and Chicargo Blackhawks! They are the only two teams left standing and will battle for the 2010 Stanley Cup. Both teams have played their best hockey to get to the final stage and they'll need to be at their best to win it.

Last time I saw the Flyers in the Stanley Cup Final they got owned!! It was 1997-the year the Red Wings finally broke their 42-year drought to win the Cup.

Now, will the Flyers of 2010 face the same fate as their 1997 companions who lost 0-4 that year, while the Blackhawks look to end their own drought? We shall find out!

To be honest I didn't think I'd find anything interesting to keep me interested in this year's Cup without the Wings or Penguins, but this one promises to be a good one

Ensane

Juniors
yeah two teams with both lengthy droughts its a good change...haha rovelli your def in the minority that would have found a wings/pens final interesting again!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
At least fox is showing it!

Watched the game and now have the series link.

T'was a good game to watch.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Indeed, I have to keep away for the thread, as the games are on fox live whilst I am at work.

But hell yeah, 2-1 win and 2-0 nil up. According to the commentator the strike rate in Stanley cup of teams going 2 up is 31 from 33.

I rate Richards too, fine player, and the Flyers were down 3-0 but beat Boston.

Carn the HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!