What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nines

st.phil

Bench
Green is strong, quick, has an offload and can take a ball in the air - good match for 9's. Is he the answer at centre - no...but he gets undue hate on this forum, he's a young buck who will continue to improve.

Gazzaw

Juniors
Green is strong, quick, has an offload and can take a ball in the air - good match for 9's. Is he the answer at centre - no...but he gets undue hate on this forum, he's a young buck who will continue to improve.

I think we may see Green come of age this year. Great utility player. Needs to make something his own though & doubt it's in the centres

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Not a fan of the addition of Green, but good to see Garvey, Witt and Quinkan playing..

This is going to be a flogging. A quinkan; a very tall Aboriginal mythological creature capable if very and good and very evil from cape York. Yeah with a quinkan we are going to kill em. Good one Benny, must be the iPhone predictive text.

Saint52

Juniors
I dont think Green has speed off the mark but he is a solid player, looks like hell be in forwards soon.

TruSaint

Referee

Phil, havent seen too mate "hate" re Green on the forum.
However, the few times I have seen him in FG, he didn't impress.

He sounds like a real good kid on Saints TV, and I hope he turns it around.
Problem is, where does he play ?

Centres NO...
In fact the back-line is full of players ahead of him.
He will get his chance, due to SOO, injury , suspensions etc.
He needs to nail these chances.

watatank

Coach
Every time he was named in FG there was hate...

I think people have underestimated him but it doesn't matter. He's a year older and much bigger and stronger than he was when he played the past two season. That alone will make him a more effective player (particularly as a centre) and if moving to the forwards is the way he's going then he is well on his way. Rest is up to him.

TruSaint

Referee
Your second paragraph makes good reading. Yep he's young, big and strong. Further I agree its totally up to him to secure a spot.

Yet to see any "hatred" toward him.

Highland Saint

Juniors
Not so much hate as a standard response any time he is mentioned of "please don't let him near first grade". I've seen a few fumbles and some bad reads in defence but I wouldn't write him off. Would be happy to see him develop further

TheRev

Coach
Green is the weak link in the side, because he doesnt create anything, his highlights are falling on a ball if its presented.

Hes on the way to the 2nd row but hes in limbo at the moment.. the only way he can come good is if he can partner his increased size with some fiery aggression... and provide some extra forward power from the wing, because he wont earn himself a centre spot with his footwork.

TruSaint

Referee
Highland, ...
Agree mate, Let him develop.

There been more "hate" if u wanna use that word (and I dont), against a premiership winning player in Soward and or Gaz than to Nathan... whom has yet to prove his ilk.

So lets keep "hatred" away from this.

Anyone that dons the Red V is a champion in my eyes. Doesn't mean we cant make a comment re his viability. At this point, he is NOT a first grade player within the squad we have.

Price may prove me wrong.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Green is the weak link in the side, because he doesnt create anything, his highlights are falling on a ball if its presented.

Hes on the way to the 2nd row but hes in limbo at the moment.. the only way he can come good is if he can partner his increased size with some fiery aggression... and provide some extra forward power from the wing, because he wont earn himself a centre spot with his footwork.

Maybe we can swap him with McKinnon and no one will know!

watatank

Coach
Your second paragraph makes good reading. Yep he's young, big and strong. Further I agree its totally up to him to secure a spot.

Yet to see any "hatred" toward him.

Call it what you like, more along the lines of what Highland Dragon said. Here's an example of what I mean.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=426562&highlight=green

Here's a hypothetical. We lose Farrell or Beale to injury. Green is named as a replacement. How do you think people will react?

BennyV

Referee
Call it what you like, more along the lines of what Highland Dragon said. Here's an example of what I mean.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=426562&highlight=green

Here's a hypothetical. We lose Farrell or Beale to injury. Green is named as a replacement. How do you think people will react?

I for one wouldn't be happy, but that's because IMO Runciman and Mata'utia are better replacements, rather than a result of Green 'hate'.

If Greens future is in the backrow (and given his experience in the centres, he could do very well there) then why waste any more time turning him into a makeshift centre? Work on his strength, try it out in Cutters and who knows, could be the next Ben Creagh..