What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Merritt Awards for City Selectors

Alba

Coach
lucablight said:
As much as I believe Merritt should have been in the team ahead of Hayne to call him an oxygen thief is very dumb.

If it's my opinion i'll share it. Hayne is just one player I cannot stand and imo he gets wraps for absolutely nothing .. Yeah he scored alot of tries last year and did well but he seems to have the 2nd year syndrome and has done SFA this year whereas Merritt has been outstanding week in and week out yet he still doesn't get a look in .. ridiculous .. I think his accusations of racism are a little far fetched and he probably has someone in his ear but I do think that the selection process is something that needs to be looked at..

voltron

Juniors
i heard that he had a meeting with a selector to find out answers why
the report said it was a good and satisfactory meeting

heard it on the radio 2sm

Johns Magic

Referee
voltron said:
i heard that he had a meeting with a selector to find out answers why
the report said it was a good and satisfactory meeting

heard it on the radio 2sm

For f**k's sake. No other person who didn't get picked made a song and dance about it, even one or two who deserved it more than him.

Why the f**k does he think he deserves a special explanation and meeting with the selectors? What an arrogant prick.

I can't recall any other player having such a public cry and whinge about not making a team in my life. Some people play well for years and never get picked, Merrit scores a few tries for one season and thinks he's a shoe-in.

Shut the f**k up you little bitch Merrit.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Johns Magic said:
For f**k's sake. No other person who didn't get picked made a song and dance about it, even one or two who deserved it more than him.

Why the f**k does he think he deserves a special explanation and meeting with the selectors? What an arrogant prick.

I can't recall any other player having such a public cry and whinge about not making a team in my life. Some people play well for years and never get picked, Merrit scores a few tries for one season and thinks he's a shoe-in.

Name one player that deserved it more than him.

What makes you think that he thinks he deserves an explanation? He jas every right to ask for one. If a selector chooses to give him one than what is wrong with that?

He was wrong to question whether or not race was involved, but he only questioned, not insinuate. Can't a fella be disappointed?

Johns Magic

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
Name one player that deserved it more than him.

What makes you think that he thinks he deserves an explanation? He jas every right to ask for one. If a selector chooses to give him one than what is wrong with that?

He was wrong to question whether or not race was involved, but he only questioned, not insinuate. Can't a fella be disappointed?

Alan Tongue has been playing well for much longer than Merrit has.

Clearly he thinks he deserves an explanation if he goes out to the media and speculates as to why he wasn't chosen, in doing so challenging the selectors' motives.

By even suggesting racism he has implied it is the reason in his mind and he has brought the character of the selectors under discretion.

Yes, a fella can be disappointed. Plenty of fellas have been before. Merrit's the only one to carry on about it like this though.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Johns Magic said:

He stuffed up with what he said, but 'little bitch'?

Maybe he should have said nothing, and waited until the weekend, and taken it out on the touchie....you know, call him a merkin.

The Riddler

Juniors
Johns Magic said:

Clearly he thinks he deserves an explanation if he goes out to the media and speculates as to why he wasn't chosen, in doing so challenging the selectors' motives.

By even suggesting racism he has implied it is the reason in his mind and he has brought the character of the selectors under discretion.

Yes, a fella can be disappointed. Plenty of fellas have been before. Merrit's the only one to carry on about it like this though.

I honestly hope that NM learns from this mistake and goes back to playing some good footy for the Bunnies.

Wilco

Juniors
Johns Magic said:

Look at the players infront of Alan Tongue (they are superior players).

Look at the players infront of Nathan Merritt.

Next. :D

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Dkos said:

totally agree

Tounge is a good player but there are more infront of him at the moment but most people know that Merritt should of been picked ahead of Hayne.

Shouldnt of made his race comments but at least he now gets a reason for his exclusion

Wonder what they said to him

Alex28

Coach
Ziggy the God said:
He stuffed up with what he said, but 'little bitch'?

Maybe he should have said nothing, and waited until the weekend, and taken it out on the touchie....you know, call him a merkin.
Merritt goes alright...but he's no Johns.

You Souths fans need to remember his place in the game ;-)

Johns Magic

Referee
Dkos said:

Tongue deserves a shot way more than Clint Newton does.

Dave Q

Coach
The ommision of Merrit compromises the entire contest as far I am concerned.

The Yak may consider instituting a Rabbitoh boycott until there is a level playing field

Wilco

Juniors
Alex28 said:
Merritt goes alright...but he's no Johns.

You Souths fans need to remember his place in the game ;-)

So, you would not be complaining if Craig Gower was selected to play half for NSW despite Joey Johns being in better form and playing in a winning team?

I somehow think you would be absolutely spewing. :fist:

Johns Magic said:
Tongue deserves a shot way more than Clint Newton does.

Clint Newton is a better prospect for NSW than Alan Tongue is. There are already workhorses playing for NSW who are better than Tonguey is (Hindmarsh).

Johns Magic

Referee
Dave Q said:
The ommision of Merrit compromises the entire contest as far I am concerned.

The Yak may consider instituting a Rabbitoh boycott until there is a level playing field

God you Souths fans are hilarious :lol:

Phillips

Referee
Dkos said:

on form and form from the past few seasons... Tongue should have been the first Country backrower picked

Alex28

Coach
Dkos said:
So, you would not be complaining if Craig Gower was selected to play half for NSW despite Joey Johns being in better form and playing in a winning team?

I somehow think you would be absolutely spewing. :fist:
Souths fans are so bloody serious! Finally you get one rep prospect and his non-selection is right up there with war crimes!

Get over yourselves, and get over his non-selection.

Latest posts