What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No one wants to come to Parra?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
if creagh resigns it would have to put some pressure on poore accepting unders. when's luke douglas out of contract?

caylo

Bench
TLL has been in very poor form this year IMO, wouldn't have performed better than Mannah and Cordoba. He has suffered alot of injuries but could come good - wouldn't sign him for much IMO. OMealy, Shakelton, Stuart and Creigh would be my targets (OMealy because roosters would cover alot of his contract). Creigh would be option 1, someone we have to sign. Poore would be good but not for 400K, Stuart would also be good for a few years... I think 180-200K would nab him easy.

Cayless
Keating
Stuart
Hindy
Fui
Creigh

Paulo
Hauraki
Mannah
Horo

Halves - Meato and Keating
That there would be much more competative

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
When did this idea of playing Fui in the back row come from? I understand he was a center in Rugby Union, but he is tried and proven as a front rower. Plus he would do more running in the back row, he would need to be interchanged every 10 minutes

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I disagree, Fui was tried off the bench last year with Cordoba starting and I believe most wanted him in the starting side, there is no reason why that should change now.

Pazza

First Grade
yeah thats because cordoba isnt a decent prop unfortunately. just look at 2005 when we had cayless and stringer starting with fui and vella (i think) off the bench! that was a great forward pack.

i'd only move fui to the bench if we buy a good experienced prop.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I wouldnt, I think last year when we had Cayless and Cordoba on the field at the same time, we lost something in the middle, same for when we had Fui and Cannings on at the same time. I think if we sign someone like Poore, we should consider putting Poore on the bench and replacing Cayless with him. That way we would have a good hard head in the front row at all times. But I doubt Poore would sign with Parra if he was told he would start from the bench.

ROGUE

Juniors
TLL has been in very poor form this year IMO, wouldn't have performed better than Mannah and Cordoba. He has suffered alot of injuries but could come good - wouldn't sign him for much IMO. OMealy, Shakelton, Stuart and Creigh would be my targets (OMealy because roosters would cover alot of his contract). Creigh would be option 1, someone we have to sign. Poore would be good but not for 400K, Stuart would also be good for a few years... I think 180-200K would nab him easy.

Cayless
Keating
Stuart
Hindy
Fui
Creigh

Paulo
Hauraki
Mannah
Horo

Halves - Meato and Keating
That there would be much more competative
Leoroyd lars performing as good as mannah or cordoba this year, you must be f*cking joking aren't you?He's performed exceptionally better than any forward of ours barring ffmm.As for creagh let it go mate cos he ain't leaving.

ROGUE

Juniors
we will eventually have to pay overs for someone, so finding reasons to not pay it will not get us anywhere with exceptions of course.We are not a attractive option for players to come to

ROGUE

Juniors
Jealousy is a curse lads.

Taylor makes fui look like a midget with a sore ankle and his stats are better too...
I agree taylor would have been a top signing for us even with the same amount of money.Tallis will sort him out and i'm sure they'll prosper, but hey we've got the juniors right

SDM

First Grade
His stats are better in QLD cup? Or in the 15 minutes of NRL he occasionally plays?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Leoroyd lars performing as good as mannah or cordoba this year, you must be f*cking joking aren't you?He's performed exceptionally better than any forward of ours barring ffmm.As for creagh let it go mate cos he ain't leaving.

yep, agree with everything you say mate...

honestly caylo don't bother including Creigh in your team, it aint happening in a million years.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Have heard a rumour that Manly want to cut Williams at the end of the year

lol...oh the irony.

and how many people we're carrying on like pork chops...:lol:

it definitely smells of another Karl McNichol episode..

The Colonel

Immortal
Jealousy is a curse lads.

Taylor makes fui look like a midget with a sore ankle and his stats are better too...

Queensland Cup stats don't effect the NRL......but seeing as he was looking for a guaranteed starting spot who does he force out of Souths starting side?

The kid has plenty of potential but $250,000 dollars worth over three years? Not yet.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Is our club an attractive destination for players? I wonder how damaging the headlines this year have affected our chances of landing some big names?

We need some quality forwards desperatly to go with our backline, we apparently made an offer for Crocker, but he & Dave Taylor signed with Souths. It is frustrating from a supporters point of view seeing these guys being snapped up by rivals. I believe we need a clean out of our forwards but who is left on offer for 2010? :?

I agree with not throwing overs at players, but ffs...How the *** do teams like Souths, the Chooks, the Dogs and Manly have so much alleged cash to just throw around?

Bloody hell it sh*ts me.

Anyway - I have faith in Anderson.

Latest posts