What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No one wants to come to Parra?

Pazza

First Grade
makes you wonder, with this lineup how we dont have atleast 1 mill. to spend

The Colonel

Immortal
I agree with not throwing overs at players, but ffs...How the *** do teams like Souths, the Chooks, the Dogs and Manly have so much alleged cash to just throw around?

Bloody hell it sh*ts me.

Anyway - I have faith in Anderson.

They didn't have Hagan doing their re-signing?

SDM

First Grade
Manly also gambles by having 15 decent players and 10 duds in their top 25. Look at their 2nd best fullback!!

ROGUE

Juniors
Manly also gambles by having 15 decent players and 10 duds in their top 25. Look at their 2nd best fullback!!
your right mate and what they've done in the years prior to the gf win was make sure on a yearly basis they bought one or two marquee players, which brought them up to this point

The Colonel

Immortal
Manly’s battle to keep Jared signed

05 May 09 @ 04:47pm by JOHN GRECO

058b0740c870984ae2d73272eb7b3a89_resized.jpg

Manly's Jared Waerea-Hargreaves is keen to stay at the club beyond 2009. Picture: BRADEN FASTIER

ONE of the Sea Eagles’s most promising young talents is being heavily pursued by the Roosters.
Manly Toyota Cup (under-20) star Jared Waerea-Hargreaves is off-contract at season’s end with a number of clubs believed to be circling the boom backrower.
The 20-year-old, who has been a standout in the club’s rise to the top of the Toyota Cup table, is firmly on the Roosters radar.
Should Manly re-sign Jared Waerea-Hargreaves? Have your say below
It’s understood the Bondi Junction club is eager to add some youth to their ageing forward pack and have earmarked the Rotorua-born forward as a potential recruit.
“He’s off contract and a quality young player so we’re definitely looking at him,” Roosters recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan told The Manly Daily on Tuesday.
“We wouldn’t be alone though, I’m sure plenty of clubs will be, he’s got a lot of talent.
“He’s probably the pick of the litter in their 20s at the moment. He’s a big boy with good aggression and is pretty tough ... he’s plays the game the right way.
“Given (Manly’s) predicament with the salary cap at the moment they might struggle to keep someone like him.”
The Sea Eagles are keen to re-sign the damaging ball-runner but also have another five key players off-contract.
Skipper Matt Orford, wingers Michael Robertson and David Williams and forwards Glenn Hall and Heath L’Estrange are also up for new deals for 2010.
Waerea-Hargreaves yesterday said he wanted to stay at Brookvale beyond 2009.
“I want to repay the faith (Manly) showed in me, they gave me an opportunity when I came over from rugby,” he said.
“I’m just focusing on playing good footy at the moment but I’m definitely keen to stay.”
Waerea-Hargreaves has been named on an extended five-man bench to make his first grade debut against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/manly-s-battle-to-keep-jared-signed/

I would hope that the Roosters are not the only team chasing this kid. He'll make Dave Taylor look like Steve Crouch. ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hypothetical:

Let's say they sign him and release O'Meley. Now, would you rather an out-of-form and unhappy Ogre who we all know can perform, or a kid with potential?

The Colonel

Immortal
Hypothetical:

Let's say they sign him and release O'Meley. Now, would you rather an out-of-form and unhappy Ogre who we all know can perform, or a kid with potential?

If he came at the right price..... in essence the Roosters were picking up the major part of his deal than I wouldn't be too unhappy. That said I think the seasons are catching up with O'Meley.

Jared had a pretty decent first up game against the Broncos and its likely he'll see a few more first grade games before the year is out.

I'd be happier if we signed both. ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
If he came at the right price..... in essence the Roosters were picking up the major part of his deal than I wouldn't be too unhappy. That said I think the seasons are catching up with O'Meley.

Jared had a pretty decent first up game against the Broncos and its likely he'll see a few more first grade games before the year is out.

I'd be happier if we signed both. ;-)

Me too, me too.

But I guess that's a good thing, potentially, about Shrekk - if the Chooks cut him (and it's looking like they will) then they pay out some of his contract so effectively he comes cheaper.

A gamble, true. But like you said - at the right price I think he could be a good contributor to this team.

And I saw young Jarred play in the NYC a few weeks ago..Singled-handedly won them the game, pretty much. Freak.

Stagger eel

Staff member
there are many many good pick ups if we sign them, it doesn't take a great deal of effort to improve our pack.

that's the awful truth.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'll ask for $50,000 (it's more than double I make at the moment working 45 hour weeks :crazy:). I'll work on my fitness and become the next Fuifui Moimoi.

Anyone got Ando's number?

Pazza

First Grade
your right stagger, our pack, back row aswell now that mateo has gone to the halves, its terrible.

- lowrie has butter fingers
- ben smith is not a back rower (much better in the centres)
- weller, i've never rated him
- Oake is just too small for first grade
- Wright, gone to the sharks :(

I'd love to see us recruit a couple hard nuts like Hall, O'merley etc and develop a couple of back rowers like Robinson and Horo. The back rowers we have atm are rubbish, i see good things in our front row with Cayless coming back to form, Fui and Mannah looks like he has plenty of potential.

dazeely

First Grade
still think where Caylo is at in his career has more to offer from the bench. Need one hard nut to help Fui and then when a little of the sting has been belted out bring on Caylo. He needs to be used smarter these days.

dazeely

First Grade
Imagine:-

Starting forward pack:

Poore, Keating & Fui
Hindmarsh, Galovou
Mateo

Bench: Caylo, Lima, Mannah & Smith

Ahhh dreaming is such fun.

caylo

Bench
Imagine:-

Starting forward pack:

Poore, Keating & Fui
Hindmarsh, Galovou
Mateo

Bench: Caylo, Lima, Mannah & Smith

Ahhh dreaming is such fun.

Much prefer

Cayless Keating Stuart
Hindmarsh Shackelton
Galovou (Mateo if we find a half)

Bench: Fuifui, Mannah, Paulo, Hauraki (Galovou if Mateo at lock)

Poore will sign with Cronulla for 400K, we offered 300k and I assume that isnt enough but probably enough to get Stuart and/or Shackelton

Parraren

Bench
Not a huge fan of Poore to be honest, certainly not on that kind of money.

Don't see him improving our pack a great deal.