What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Eelementary

Post Whore
The question doesn't make a lot of sense, re the 'biggest markup'. The weighted average markup is 0.3 x 5.7% + 0.3 x 6.5% + 0.4 x 8.0% = 6.86%

But 'biggest markup'? Got me f**ked....the biggest of them is obviously the 8%, but that can't be what they are asking for.

Thanks, mate - the 6.86% I think is the right answer from the ones given to me (I think).

I just couldn't come up with an answer that matched any of the four answers supplied, so I was wondering what the formula was to calculate it.

But your formula makes sense - thank you very much, mate!

I actually got a call for the next stage of the interview!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm pretty sure the formula you gave was what they were after, but they worded it strangely.

Also, I just couldn't come up with a figure close to any of the 4 numbers given.

They called me this morning to proceed to the next stage of the process, but not knowing how to get the answer was going to drive me mad.

Thank you very much!

Noise

Coach
I heard independent petrol stations have a lower margin.

Yep, I worked at an independent shell in the early 2000s before Coles took over them all. Sometimes there was no markup on fuel. They relied on sales in the shop , mechanic etc to turn a profit.

Yep, I worked at an independent shell in the early 2000s before Coles took over them all. Sometimes there was no markup on fuel. They relied on sales in the shop , mechanic etc to turn a profit.

Yeh, I worked the graveyard shift at BP Fyshwick back in the day....