What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

emjaycee

Coach
Aren't people supposed to grow out of their Superman phase by the age of 12?
Wearing the costume - yes.
Enjoying the story - why?

images

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah male and female superhero costumes are pretty much opposing age range. You don't want a 12 year old dressing up as Wonder Woman

Kornstar

Coach
I liked Affleck, tbh.

My problem is I hate Superman, and the film did not help change my mind of him.

Jesse Eisenberg was a horrible Lex Luthor.

Doomsday's introduction in the film was...stupid.

Doomsday looking like a Lord Of The Rings reject was...stupid.

Doomsday being defeated so easily was...stupid.

Batman and Superman ending their fight the way they did was...stupid.

The only two things I liked were Batman kicking Superman's arse, and Jason Momoa as Aquaman, because Aquaman rules.

The film had been backed into a corner by the backlash for the destruction of Metropolis in Man of Steel. Apparently people think that if unstoppable aliens attack a city that no damage can be done.........so we must whinge about a fictional world being destroyed and because Superman in that movie wasn't Christopher Reeves Superman, then we really have to hate him.

So they needed to address the damage and have Superman be a decisive figure.

I tend to love the storyline that humans would turn on someone like they turned on Superman. We are pieces of shit who like to believe our shit don't stink and act accordingly. The news footage and the burning of the Superman doll are scenes that we actually see today, just not about fictional characters.

Superman is extremely conflicted in this movie, he is living in a world that is unforgiving and a world where we expect absolute perfection from our heroes otherwise we tear them down quicker than we put them up.

I liked that Jesse Eisenberg had a completely different take on Lex Luthor, i actually quite enjoyed what he was going for.

I was happy with the motivation for Doomsday, but i agree he was underused considering he is now gone. A lot was jammed into get him in the movie but they needed something pretty big to fight if they also included WW in the movie.

I think the connection they drew for the end of the fight between Batman and Superman may have looked good on paper but the execution didn't quite land the way it possibly sounded in the writers room. Batman seeing Superman's humanity in that moment was crucial but it wasn't the best moment.

As a kid i was obsessed with the original Superman movies and still love them and watch them regularly to this day so i was quite happy to get a completely different take on the character and quite like what we have be given so far but i also think come the Justice League we are going to see the Superman that everyone loves and the events and the end of BvS will be the catalyst for us to see the hope that he brings.

Ben Affleck was fantastic as Batman, i also can't wait to see him in JL and the solo film.

Anyways yes i am possibly the biggest loser on this forum and i am comfortable with that.........

Eelementary

Post Whore
The film had been backed into a corner by the backlash for the destruction of Metropolis in Man of Steel. Apparently people think that if unstoppable aliens attack a city that no damage can be done.........so we must whinge about a fictional world being destroyed and because Superman in that movie wasn't Christopher Reeves Superman, then we really have to hate him.

I tend to love the storyline that humans would turn on someone like they turned on Superman. We are pieces of shit who like to believe our shit don't stink and act accordingly. The news footage and the burning of the Superman doll are scenes that we actually see today, just not about fictional characters.

Superman is extremely conflicted in this movie, he is living in a world that is unforgiving and a world where we expect absolute perfection from our heroes otherwise we tear them down quicker than we put them up.

I liked that Jesse Eisenberg had a completely different take on Lex Luthor, i actually quite enjoyed what he was going for.

I was happy with the motivation for Doomsday, but i agree he was underused considering he is now gone. A lot was jammed into get him in the movie but they needed something pretty big to fight if they also included WW in the movie.

I think the connection they drew for the end of the fight between Batman and Superman may have looked good on paper but the execution didn't quite land the way it possibly sounded in the writers room. Batman seeing Superman's humanity in that moment was crucial but it wasn't the best moment.

As a kid i was obsessed with the original Superman movies and still love them and watch them regularly to this day so i was quite happy to get a completely different take on the character and quite like what we have be given so far but i also think come the Justice League we are going to see the Superman that everyone loves and the events and the end of BvS will be the catalyst for us to see the hope that he brings.

Ben Affleck was fantastic as Batman, i also can't wait to see him in JL and the solo film.

Anyways yes i am possibly the biggest loser on this forum and i am comfortable with that.........

I think it was the executiom of the ideas that let them down.

And you're not a loser!

T.S Quint

Coach

Pretty much spot on with my thoughts as well.
The movie had problems, but I enjoyed it immensely. Looking forward to Justice League and Wonder Woman now.

T.S Quint

Coach
I am a comic book fan. The movie is a rushed piece of shit because marvel have been killing it

Rushed?
It took them three years to make it. They even pushed the release date back a year to try and make sure they did it right.
Whether or not they succeeded in that regard is obviously subjective, but they certainly didn't rush anything.

84 Baby

Referee
Rushed?
It took them three years to make it. They even pushed the release date back a year to try and make sure they did it right.
Whether or not they succeeded in that regard is obviously subjective, but they certainly didn't rush anything.
They rushed in the sense that there was barely any establishment of it's universal nature. Actually it follows the respective comic companies. Marvel are better at connected stories and dc are better at standalone stories

emjaycee

Coach
They rushed in the sense that there was barely any establishment of it's universal nature. Actually it follows the respective comic companies. Marvel are better at connected stories and dc are better at standalone stories

Marvel definitely built a better universal view (where their main heroes co-exist) and have done that since Iron Man, Thor and Capt. America were rebooted with subtle cross references and a common timeline and have even included the Agents of Shield TV series into the same Marvel Cinematic Universe. Even adding Antman and Spiderman into Civil War was smooth enough.

DC have done it with the CW range of TV shows (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends) but the co-joining of Superman and Batman and the addition of WW just to push what is coming in Justice League and the WW movie definitely felt rushed to me.

Still enjoyed Superman vs Batman for what it was though.

84 Baby

Referee
Marvel definitely built a better universal view (where their main heroes co-exist) and have done that since Iron Man, Thor and Capt. America were rebooted with subtle cross references and a common timeline and have even included the Agents of Shield TV series into the same Marvel Cinematic Universe. Even adding Antman and Spiderman into Civil War was smooth enough.

DC have done it with the CW range of TV shows (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends) but the co-joining of Superman and Batman and the addition of WW just to push what is coming in Justice League and the WW movie definitely felt rushed to me.

Still enjoyed Superman vs Batman for what it was though.
Spidey & Antman in Civil War were shoehorned but their impact on the movie wasn't that big, except the obvious BIG impact (no spoilers there). I wasn't even that annoyed with Boobies/Khal Drogo/Etc being in Supes v Bats, more the force feeding of them when they'd already announced their whole slate of movies. Could have been less subtle about it

Arrowverse is fantastic though

Latest posts