What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
I just would like to know how much Avenger made and what put in to begin with.

If he risked 100k I will say genius.
If its 20k - 50k id say he was smart
10 -20k is extremely low risk,

Under 10k is laughable

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Shut up you pissy circular logic cab driving piece of crap. That proves nothing. I never said put your house on it and I haven't either. So what if I have taken some profit. This isn't the stock market where you take a dividend, you silly prick. My bet is that it will reach US$25k by 2020 not US$1million.

And it will and I win,,,,,, again,

Whilst you blow bubbles and wait for your rent to go up.
The cost of living always goes up. Just not as fast as my income.

Avenger

Immortal
How can they put house on it if they are renting?

10,000s of people bought houses/ apartments 5 + yrs ago. In thst time most have almost doubled.
f**king geniuses hey? 1000s of them.

The fact is Avenger your wealthier then a lot on here, so you can afford to take more risks. If you lost it probably doesnt stop you from feeding your family. If anything its more of a game and a bit of fun for you I reckon.
Some people have worked really hard for there money and they are smart enough to realise that if things did go wrong and they lost it then it may emotionally drain them. So they play it safe and use what they have to enjoy what they can.
I grew up in Carramar. Working class through and through. We came with nothing. Zero. WE never went up and down the coast like my Anglo mates for holidays.My first holiday was when I was in year 12. My holiday was visiting family in Manly who lived above an icecream shop. We worked hard and still do. We did however take risks with property and thankfully it worked out.

And we are comfortable, we are not super rich. This crypto stuff is just a bit of fun.

Avenger

Immortal
I just would like to know how much Avenger made and what put in to begin with.

If he risked 100k I will say genius.
If its 20k - 50k id say he was smart
10 -20k is extremely low risk,

Under 10k is laughable
Why is that relevant if the money anyone makes is proportionate with what they value?
I'm no genius but I go ok and wanted all of you to do well too. If I made Bazal enough money to fix his backyard I would have been over the moon for him. Or even enough money to buy Gary a months supply of gourmet cans of Campbell's Chunky Soup.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
The amount invested and earnt is directly proportional to how much someone big notes on an internet forum.
No it’s not. My big noting is a direct comeback to ignorant, aggressive, conservative, risk averse sheep that just used negative google searches to counter what I know is the future.

When I hear comparisons to the dotcom bubble that’s when I know they have no idea.

hindy111

Post Whore
I grew up in Carramar. Working class through and through. We came with nothing. Zero. WE never went up and down the coast like my Anglo mates for holidays.My first holiday was when I was in year 12. My holiday was visiting family in Manly who lived above an icecream shop. We worked hard and still do. We did however take risks with property and thankfully it worked out.

And we are comfortable, we are not super rich. This crypto stuff is just a bit of fun.

Sounds like your a generation infront of me. My parents migrated but I was born in Blacktown hospital.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why is that relevant if the money anyone makes is proportionate with what they value?
I'm no genius but I go ok and wanted all of you to do well too. If I made Bazal enough money to fix his backyard I would have been over the moon for him. Or even enough money to buy Gary a moths supply of gourmet cans of Campbell's Chunky Soup.

Its relevant for these reasons.

Ive in past bet $1000 on a sport game all up Why? I was highly confident and I doubled my money. 2 -1 odds. 3 faves needing to win.
Ive also put $10 on sports all ups at odds of 100-1. For a bit of fun and doubted id win.
And also put $100 at odds of about 4 or 5 -1. Knowing I may not win but a chance.

The more you put on the more confident you where. As an investment doubling your money would be a damm great return. Even if it took 5yrs.

If you put on 5k and it ballooned to 30k id say it was pot luck. Otherwise as it rose ypu would of kept putting money in.

Gronk

Staff member
When I hear comparisons to the dotcom bubble that’s when I know they have no idea.

To your credit, you're in the corner and still throwing punches. There are some heavy hitters warning about the bitcoin bubble mate. Sledge me all you like, but these merkins have serious Wall Street cred.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2017-11-27/bitcoin-crash-may-take-a-while-longer

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/31/bit...-looks-very-similar-to-tech-bubble-surge.html

I wish you no harm brother and hope you make a mint.

Bazal

Post Whore
How much soup is a moth going to eat you stingy merkin?

I suppose it depends how big the moth is

dad-is-dead-youre-next-moth.jpg

Avenger

Immortal
To your credit, you're in the corner and still throwing punches. There are some heavy hitters warning about the bitcoin bubble mate. Sledge me all you like, but these merkins have serious Wall Street cred.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2017-11-27/bitcoin-crash-may-take-a-while-longer

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/31/bit...-looks-very-similar-to-tech-bubble-surge.html

I wish you no harm brother and hope you make a mint.
Thank you I sense you are a good man, more than likely better than I. However I also have formal qualifications too and have worked in the field like the 'heavy hitters' at Wall Street

Bitcoin is rising due to speculation. No doubt, but the difference is that bitcoin has a proof of work component which means that it actually costs something to make it, (energy, computer power etc for mining) How much does that $50 bill cost to make? why is worth $50?. Is it even pegged to the gold standard or oil anymore. The Yanks are printing more money and getting away with it because they happen to be the bully in the playground.

You state yourself that the banks will have their own way of developing blockchain. Maybe so. However as we move into the virtual currency world Bitcoin will be like the $USD and everything will be pegged back to it. That is why it is here to stay.

Nobody knows it's true value yet. This is only the beginning. It will flatten out and could reach hundred of thousands because it needs to reach a very high market cap (into the trillions) before it can be used around the word. Remember there is only 21 million that can be mined and we are at 18 million. You know when the last one will be mined? 2140.

It's only the beginning, my friend, Get on.