What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Queensland Cowboys property deals in the spotlight

Incorrect

Coach
To the matter at hand and the question marks over mates rates for land or building etc.... So far it sounds like nothing that every other club in the NRL wouldn't be doing already (and if they're not, they should be) under the guise of TPA's or some other obscure/technical acronym they care to cite if the NRL (or Kate McClymont) come knocking...

At its core, I think it's probably a little bit rotten with the potential to permeate outwards but I think they've probably got the required pesticide or treatment to keep it at bay and go about their business as normal....

Last edited:

Edwahu

Bench
In other news you could probably get a cheap apartment of Matt Scotts wife after two years on the market.

ek999

First Grade
As a NQ local I can tell you that none of those prices are "discounted"

Those values would have come from the state titles office which will indeed reflect the true market value of the properties. The issue, if there is one, will be how the funds to purchase the property is sourced. If a player bought a property for $700,000 but only had to hand over $500,000 from their own pocket/borrowings and someone else (possibly related to the club) paid the balance then there is serious cap issues

Edwahu

Bench
Those values would have come from the state titles office which will indeed reflect the true market value of the properties. The issue, if there is one, will be how the funds to purchase the property is sourced. If a player bought a property for $700,000 but only had to hand over $500,000 from their own pocket/borrowings and someone else (possibly related to the club) paid the balance then there is serious cap issues

Yeah but what are the chances of getting that info out of anyone? If McClymont hasn't got it the NRL wont.

Canard

Immortal
How the hell do you know? Did you attend the open inspections for the apartments and get a property valuation did you? Do you know exactly where these blocks of land are and what size allotments they are?

Yes I've accurately surveyed them all.

I'm talking generally of course

jc155776

Coach
If the land prices reported are true and dates correct then the land was far from market value.

In a previous time I spent a lot of time dealing with contracts of sale and purchase in those areas. Land was not that cheap for mr and mrs joe blogs around there

SDM

First Grade
All the garages are shut in the photos, I have heard the garages are full of free boats.

Canard

Immortal
If the land prices reported are true and dates correct then the land was far from market value.

In a previous time I spent a lot of time dealing with contracts of sale and purchase in those areas. Land was not that cheap for mr and mrs joe blogs around there

Yeah the Bohle and North Ward are real sort after addresses

jc155776

Coach
Yeah the Bohle and North Ward are real sort after addresses

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not? North ward is probably second to castle hill in terms of suburbs and the Bohle area exploded in growth and is popular with investors renting to soldiers and miners.

I'm no Cowboys hater, I have coin on them from the beginning of the year to win the Comp and loved up there for years going to most games:

But these allegations have legs and are concerning.