What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Queensland Cowboys property deals in the spotlight

dasherhalo

Juniors
NRL MEMO

To: Referees Boss Tony Archer

Tony, Todd Greenberg let us down and couldnt get it done. Apologies, but ill need you to assign Ben Cummins to all there finals games - if he does it right it will only be 1 anyway

ek999

First Grade
@badel_cmail: Breaking: NRL will not investigate cowboys over alleged property deals involving chairman laurence lancini. Full stort cmail online

@Tiger_CMail: NRL had already cleared the Cowboys of any property related cap breach.... IN 2013! They audited purchases and found all above board.

The only problem with the Courier Mail story is that at least 2 more deals have been done since 2013 (Taumololo and Morgan)

Johnnie Red

Juniors
Well, I'm puzzled as to why something that was investigated in 2013 was making news?

Why is it making news at all? This would have been rubbish news in 2013.

People really need training in scandal ratings
- "Darkest day in sport" = ASADA vitamin scandal
- "10/10 on the WTF Scale" = Cowboys buying property

The English tabloids would be embarrassed to print that sh*t.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Maybe we'll see a rise in players getting into the property market and more clubs seeking developers and building contractors as sponsors

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Nothing to see here merkins

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...laurence-lancini/story-fni3g8pa-1227460266550

THE NRL will not launch a salary-cap investigation into the Cowboys amid revelations a number of high-profile players acquired properties from club chairman and millionaire developer Laurence Lancini. Fairfax Media reported 10 leading Cowboys stars — including co-captains Johnathan Thurston and Matt Scott — allegedly bought vacant blocks of land and apartments from Lancini’s companies over the past seven years.
Just days after the NRL launched a salary-cap probe into the Eels, there were fears the Cowboys could be the next club to come under the microscope after allegations of the slew of property deals.

266524-6f10a736-34dc-11e5-b1c6-fce245fdac3f.jpg

Cowboys chairman Laurence Lancini. File photo

story-fni3g8pa-1227460266550

But the NRL believe the Cowboys have no case to answer unless any concrete evidence of a potential salary-cap rort comes to light.

beave

Coach
Good luck trying to evaluate what land is currently worth in Tvl, my land to the suburb North of the Bohle Plains lost $10k last financial year according to my land evaluation from the council. This story sounds like she's got half the info and put 2 and 2 together and got 4.5. If my team has been cheating then throw the f**king book at them. But this story, seriously? If it is all found to be above board (again) then I hope we come out with a siege mentality and wipe the floor with every other merkining team in the comp.

I'm all for governance and assuarance that every team is playing by the rules but this story and what she is trying to infer is a real f**king long bow IMO.

DiegoNT

First Grade
After reading all the articles the only 10/10 WTF part I can find is the journalist trying to state that Kane Linett is one of the Cowboys leading players

Lambretta

First Grade
How the hell do you know? Did you attend the open inspections for the apartments and get a property valuation did you? Do you know exactly where these blocks of land are and what size allotments they are?

If a block of land was up for sale near where I lived, I'd f**king well know if it was priced correctly or not

If you don't understand your local area's value you're not paying attention

Local property prices are about as popular a pastime as watching the footy in Australia

Canard

Immortal
Maybe we'll see a rise in players getting into the property market and more clubs seeking developers and building contractors as sponsors

Yes no developers or house builders have been involved in Rugby League to date.