What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Sydney Bears back in the NRL

SHOULD THE NORTH SYDNEY BEARS BE LET BACK INTO THE NRL

• YES

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • NO

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • YES AS THE NORTH SYDNEY BEARS PLAYING OUT OF NORTH SYDNEY OVAL

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • YES AS THE NORTHERN BEARS PLAYING OUT OF GOSFORD

Votes: 55 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Bear

Referee
Central Coast or Gosford needs a totally new team and none of the suggested poll choices
i think bears would be a good option, considering the amount of work we have already put in the area, including building of ground, before that got taken away with the NRL's great 'foresight'

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Bears won't ever be back as North Sydney, you mob really should get over it.

It's not financially or geographically viable or sustainable.

If anymore teams are to enter the comp they will be new entities from outside Sydney

Rubbish. You must be a union fan first and a cronulla fan second.

We need the Northern Bears, playing out of gosford, with three games a year at bear park.

Go you bears.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
good idea. except madunit is a tigers fan isnt he
MadUnit chops and changes his teams. He is "also" a cronulla fan. Don't know how that actually works, but there you go.

I like either:
North Sydney and Central Coast Bears
OR
Northern Bears

3-4 games at bear park, 9-8 games at gosford. Red and Black.

I live on the North Shore and we miss the bears really badly over here. It is wall to wall union. We need to reclaim the north shore and take the CC while we are at it.

Redsfan

Juniors
I stopped following league as a kid when the Bears got the boot. I'd think about following the NRL again if they came back. I'm sure there are others like me.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
I stopped following league as a kid when the Bears got the boot. I'd think about following the NRL again if they came back. I'm sure there are others like me.
Some games at Bear park is just the kind of tonic the game needs. Norths were very trendy over here in the 90s.

Red Bear

Referee
The Bears made their bed.......
and the nrl kicked us out of it, very much encouraging us to make this bed the merkins

i think it should be more like 11 games at gosford, at least 10, 1-2 at bear park. Hell i'd be happy with 1 at bear park cos i'd be able to see them in sydney alot anyway.

9 at gosford 3 at NSO wont work, its gotta be a very strong commitment to the CC. That breaks my heart cos, obviously, my preferred option would be full time NSO, but CC is our only option

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
and the nrl kicked us out of it, very much encouraging us to make this bed the merkins

i think it should be more like 11 games at gosford, at least 10, 1-2 at bear park. Hell i'd be happy with 1 at bear park cos i'd be able to see them in sydney alot anyway.

9 at gosford 3 at NSO wont work, its gotta be a very strong commitment to the CC. That breaks my heart cos, obviously, my preferred option would be full time NSO, but CC is our only option

I strongly disagree. Giving the bears one token game at bear park will not reclaim the north shore. 9 and 3 is a HUGE commitment to the Central Coast. It is more than Wests, Balmain, St George and Illawarra fans get. The dogs have zero at their preferred ground ie. Belmore.

The NRL know they have conceded big ground to Union on the North Shore. I will be surprised if they don't move to rectify it very soon.

playing most of their games at gosford, but a couple of games at NSO, especially games against the roosters and souths.

not only do we get the central coast, we also regain the north shore

Bumble

First Grade
Isn't the first 'Yes' option somewhat redundant given that the two other 'Yes' options specify the two variables?

Either way, I like the Northern Bears idea with some games at NSO and the majority in Gosford. Awesome idea.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I strongly disagree. Giving the bears one token game at bear park will not reclaim the north shore. 9 and 3 is a HUGE commitment to the Central Coast. It is more than Wests, Balmain, St George and Illawarra fans get. The dogs have zero at their preferred ground ie. Belmore.

The NRL know they have conceded big ground to Union on the North Shore. I will be surprised if they don't move to rectify it very soon.

the biggest problem is News Limited (i.e. gallop) is offering millions of dollars in blood money to anyone to relocate to Gosford - but NOT the Bears.

Question is: why?

they shoulod give the Bears $20 million as compensation for wrongly kicking them out and get the CC Bears established with one game at NSO - against Manly - each year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
MadUnit chops and changes his teams. He is "also" a cronulla fan. Don't know how that actually works, but there you go.

I like either:
North Sydney and Central Coast Bears
OR
Northern Bears

3-4 games at bear park, 9-8 games at gosford. Red and Black.

I live on the North Shore and we miss the bears really badly over here. It is wall to wall union. We need to reclaim the north shore and take the CC while we are at it.
madunit is a tigers fan who once said he has a soft spot for the sharks.

Just because this moron has no idea about Rugby League he gets all pissy and offers nothing intelligent to conversations other than really weak attacks.

Now STC, pull your head out of your arse and look at the situation with a level head for a change.

The Bears have no money. Their support base has more than likely shrunk considerably. North Sydney Oval was not deemed good enough for NRL standards. They were looking to relocate for these three reasons.

The next major reason now is that Norths have no players. They are a VB Cup reserves side for Souths. These are all the same reasons why Newtown won't get brought back.

Bringing them back as North Sydney is never ever going to happen, nor will it work.

Central Coast may bring in a side, they may call it the bears, but it won't be affiliated with North Sydney Bears at all.

Now SaveTheChildren, what do you believe Norths has to counter these reasons to ensure they come back into the competition?

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
madunit is a tigers fan who once said he has a soft spot for the sharks.

Just because this moron has no idea about Rugby League he gets all pissy and offers nothing intelligent to conversations other than really weak attacks.

Now STC, pull your head out of your arse and look at the situation with a level head for a change.

The Bears have no money. Their support base has more than likely shrunk considerably. North Sydney Oval was not deemed good enough for NRL standards. They were looking to relocate for these three reasons.

The next major reason now is that Norths have no players. They are a VB Cup reserves side for Souths. These are all the same reasons why Newtown won't get brought back.

Bringing them back as North Sydney is never ever going to happen, nor will it work.

Central Coast may bring in a side, they may call it the bears, but it won't be affiliated with North Sydney Bears at all.

Now SaveTheChildren, what do you believe Norths has to counter these reasons to ensure they come back into the competition?

Madunit

Everyone has a right to an opinion - but not when it's based on crap.

A CC Bears team would have Singleton and infinite financial support from 2 regions. Bears fans would be back in a minute if they get what was promised - a Central Coast Bears team in red and black.

The NSO not being good enough was simply a lie. If you can play NRL games at a sh*thole like Brookvale, then North Sydney Oval is like heaven.NRL games have been played at NSO since and Souths were told by the NRL several years ago that there are no probems.

The Bears have been out of the NRL, wrongly, for 10 years. But Gold Coast, with Gallop's help, were up and running in no time. Re-establishing the Bears as a force in the NRL would be easy - for people with an IQ over 3.

The Bears biggest problem is that most clubs, as financial basketcases, don't want a truly successful NRL team representing 2 great areas. It's wrong - but it's a genuine obstacle.

You have right to an opinion. I have a right to tell you that you are a moron and shouldn't post unless you have a clue.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Madunit

Everyone has a right to an opinion - but not when it's based on crap.

A CC Bears team would have Singleton and infinite financial support from 2 regions. Bears fans would be back in a minute if they get what was promised - a Central Coast Bears team in red and black.
So you state that a Central Coast team would survive. I said North Sydney wouldn't as it has no money. We are both agreeing here in a roundabout fashion.

The NSO not being good enough was simply a lie. If you can play NRL games at a sh*thole like Brookvale, then North Sydney Oval is like heaven.NRL games have been played at NSO since and Souths were told by the NRL several years ago that there are no probems.
Why were Norths all but forced to build a new ground on the Central Coast, when it must have been pretty clear they had bugger all funds to do it with?

The Bears have been out of the NRL, wrongly, for 10 years. But Gold Coast, with Gallop's help, were up and running in no time. Re-establishing the Bears as a force in the NRL would be easy - for people with an IQ over 3.
Norths wouldn't have survived for long. How much of their debt did Manly and the Joint Venture pay off?

sharko

Juniors
I think you will find that it was Manly soaking up most of the j/v money for their own debts and some into the pockets of their officials on the sly!

Latest posts