What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northies

my eagle eye said:
What is this Northies Im always hearing about....? All I know is that it's in Sutherland somewhere and some players go there.

Forgive me Im from the 'other' side of Sydney.

It's a place where wankers congregate. :lol:

Shark

Bench
Man, who is this comedian??? He's put a HUGE amount of effort into that one liner!!!

Were you the bloke going the tonk with Bryan Fletcher when he got filmed at the CBH, Rooter Cocksburning??? Going crook on him for going to Souths, were ya???

SirShire

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
my eagle eye said:
What is this Northies Im always hearing about....? All I know is that it's in Sutherland somewhere and some players go there.

Rack off Cockburn you latte sipping pretty boy.

wittyfan

Referee
Rooster Cogburn. said:
my eagle eye said:

Nah, that's Spring Street, Bondi Junction. :p

Providence

Juniors
G'day all,

Just popped into your forum for a bit of a squiz and saw this thread.

I'm a Newcastle lad, but was down in the shire 2 weekends ago visiting a couple of your beloved first grade players who happen to be mates of mine.

We went to Northies for dinner, then to an RSL club for karaoke (Tradies I think the name was) and then later on we ducked down to Carmen's nightclub.

All I can say is that Cronulla, and the surrounding areas is a very cool place to party.

If I didn't live in Newcastle, the Shire is where I'd be.

shadowboxer

First Grade
As a shire resident, i must say northies has been a staple for years. It is okay, coogee bay hotel is a marginally better, but the greatest pub is on the northside, THE NEWPORT ARMS. I challenge anyone who hasnt had a beer on a summers day on the beer garden at the arms to tell me i worng. It is the sh$t man.....

Shark

Bench
Ahh, dunno Jimbo...The Arms takes some beating. The Oaks is too far away from the wet stuff.

sharknows

Bench
Had a few beers at the Newport Arms just before xmas - an awesome pub with the best outlook for a pub that I can think of. I went to the upstairs bar and asked for a couple of schooners only to be told they don't sell schooners.... middies or PINTS only...needless to say it was pints!

What about when you ask for a schooner and they say "oh we dont sell schooners, we only sell schmiddies".

And youre like "well what the f**k is a schmiddy"

The miss the point and answer "It's halfway between a schooner and a middy"

No I understand what it is, why the hell dont you just use schooners or middies?

What is a schmiddy? Halfway between pretentious and tightassed.

sharknows

Bench
Never come across those Schmiddies???? Anything smaller than a schooner is too dangerous - you have a couple of sips, look at what's left and think may as well knock that down and get another. Before you know you've scoffed down 10 or 12 drinks at an exceptional pace and you're gooooone!

I last got served a schmiddy when I asked for a stella at the embarrassingly named "MANGO JAM" bar at northies. Dont know if theyre still doing them. But I've been served them a few times. Disgusting!

SirShire

First Grade
Mango Jam is an absolute shocker of the name. I can sort of live with the name, but I wish they didnt have it written in such big letters in full view. It really takes the shine off Northies.

Latest posts