What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOT AGAIN!! Tim drinking already??/ Suspended indefinitely

Stagger eel

Staff member
bartman said:
Cool. You'll be able to catch up on the evening news no doubt ;-)

I'll be back here at 7pm tonight unfortunately..

I will get up about lunch time to see whta's gone down...

bartman

Immortal
Just can't believe this is what Tim knowingly risked this time:

timsmith_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

How many guys would give their eye teeth to be paid handsomely for this chance with a master, and wouldn't dream of risking it in any way especially if help and support has been on hand for 18 months?

Let's prepare for whatever the outcome is, and wish the best for both Tim and our club in the future...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he looks more like he's been hanging around McDonalds rather than the Tollgate Pub

Flame_Trees

Juniors
I dont see any reason to sack someone if they had a few beers and did nothing wrong.
They wont sack him,they have invested to much in him for years.

fish eel

Immortal
I dont want to see anyone sacked but feel the club have been backed into a corner. None of us know what's gone on behind the scenes and it might be sacking is the only real option we have now.

I think the only way the club can get away without sacking him is if there is an Andrew Johns style laying of all the cards out on the table 'these are his problems and this is what we'll do to help'. There's a few people talking about Tim having serious problems, but quite frankly, none of us really know.

Also, the arugment that he was only drunk, didnt hurt anyone and everyone gets pissed, is, IMO, horsesh*t.

Football players are public figures, whether they like it or not. They are paid very good money and there profiles are the reason they can make such good livings. Whether they like it or not, that comes with responsibilities. Everytime they go out, there are going to be people who recognise them. Their behaviour, because of their profile, doesnt just reflect on themselves, it also reflects on the club. Even in the off season - when they're out, they're effectivley ambassadors for their club.

Doesn't mean they cant or shouldn't go out and have a good time. It just means they need to be careful and keep in mind they could read about their behaviour in the paper the next day. And - if they don't like that, get a real job and play park football for fun.

GizLoki

Juniors
I'm listening to BSB online, they just said Fitzy will be on after the news (which is on right now).

stuke

Bench
if he does get the punt what do you feel are our best options??

at least we seemingly have a few, though injuries would cruel us (like most clubs)....

* Finch - Mateo
* Finch - Keating

Also I guess we need to look ahead to 2009. does Finch become a priority re-signing, pin our faith in our youngsters or do we look at signing from outside the club??

bartman

Immortal
Ah, loving the ad for "The Biggest BBQ Album II"... it's just not the same in England :lol:

GizLoki

Juniors
I know what you mean - never thought I'd ever say this, but having been away from home for quite some time now, ads from home are excellent :)

bartman

Immortal
stuke said:
if he does get the punt what do you feel are our best options??

at least we seemingly have a few, though injuries would cruel us (like most clubs)....

* Finch - Mateo
* Finch - Keating

Also I guess we need to look ahead to 2009. does Finch become a priority re-signing, pin our faith in our youngsters or do we look at signing from outside the club??
Mateo-Finch has been annointed by Hages as the first choice round one combo... but it's expected Keating will get his turn this year.

Finch could be the winner out of this IF Tim is sacked - he might get an extra year on his contract to buy the youngsters coming through more time, instead of Tim being there until '09.

GizLoki

Juniors
Fitzy on right now:

- Just said Tim was intoxicated (again) - meeting still to take place this morning.
- "It would appear" that Tim has a problem with alcohol.
- Alluded that Tim is an alcoholic (said that its been diagnosed that he has a problem).
- Said that standing Tim down (rather than sacking) is an option.
- Two other players were with Tim, Fitzy wasn't prepared to name them
- Asked if there is a problem with Parra as a whole with regards to the drink - again alluded to an answer of yes.
- Wouldn't answer the question: will Tim be there next season ?

Tried to put that together as best as possible - please let me know of any errors.

Hurriflatch

Referee
GizLoki said:
Fitzy on right now:

- Just said Tim was intoxicated (again) - meeting still to take place this morning.
- "It would appear" that Tim has a problem with alcohol.
- Alluded that Tim is an alcoholic (said that its been diagnosed that he has a problem).
- Said that standing Tim down (rather than sacking) is an option.
- Two other players were with Tim, Fitzy wasn't prepared to name them
- Asked if there is a problem with Parra as a whole with regards to the drink - again alluded to an answer of yes.
- Wouldn't answer the question: will Tim be there next season ?

Tried to put that together as best as possible - please let me know of any errors.

Reading between the lines

another soft $1,000 fine and a slap on the wrist

strider

Post Whore
bartman said:
Just can't believe this is what Tim knowingly risked this time:

timsmith_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

How many guys would give their eye teeth to be paid handsomely for this chance with a master, and wouldn't dream of risking it in any way especially if help and support has been on hand for 18 months?

Let's prepare for whatever the outcome is, and wish the best for both Tim and our club in the future...

omg - a whiteboard!!! :shock: :crazy: :crazy:

Gronk

Staff member
If Tim has an issue with the bottle then dumping him from NRL will solve the club's problem but not his problem.

Look, he's not training because of his shoulder recon, so send him off to rehab and subject him to random blood tests. Sacking him won't work for him or the club long term.

I think we have all walked in his shoes at one point - I know I have. I was drinking really heavy like Tim and was on a downward spiral. Then I met an amazing woman who didn't drink. Divine intervention some have said.....

That's it ! Get him a girl !