What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not-so-Poore Eels go Dragons hunting

Eelementary

Post Whore
:lol:

Can you imagine a pack with Sims and Poore in it? Hell, I could play halfback and dominate!

:shock:

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I seriously doubt we will get all three of Poore,Sims and Creagh but I have heard that Poore is a very,very good chance.

I think the backrowers we will sign are Simpson (as I have mentioned in the NSW origin thread due to Newcastles cap issues and his under valuation), Todd Lowrie and Mark Michello

Y2Eel

First Grade
Karmichael Hunt He would be a great signing play him at 5/8
, Joe Williams Why? nuff said...
, David Stagg he could be a good lock
, Travis Burns no thanks rather have witt back...
, Ben Reynolds Why get a prem player that wont make first grade..
, Nigel Plum Wouldnt mind plum goes hard...
, Roy Asotasi and Hutch Maiava yes for Roy no for hutch we have fui fui..
Players: Justin Poore, Ashton Sims, Ben Creagh yes on all 3 doubt we'll get 1

I'd be very doubt full if we could ghet any of those plyers on the list playinf in first grade...

so that leaves reynolds and williams no thanks...

V1er

Juniors
Id see renolds as being only a backup for first grade, seeing marcu panerna is leaving at the end of the year, we do need a 2nd string halfback to fill the void in PL.

James_Hardie

Juniors
I asked a friend who is a dragons supporter & former lower grader, and knows plenty about the game, who he would rather re-sign Poore or Henderson. He said Henderson, and i agree. I think he would be an awesome get, but i wouldn't be too disapointed if we picked up Poore.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
poore,creagh and sims yes please but in reality...the old meatloaf song two out of three aint bad

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
All this talk of Hunt.. I hate (term used loosely) him for the way he turned on the Kiwis to play for QLD even though he is a born and bred Kiwi but that would be a brilliant signing. Not for the figures they were talking about on the Roast though. Could strike up a good combination with Hayne at fullback if we played him at five-eighth, but I don't like our chances of signing him.

Poore is fantastic and Sims still has alot of potential, if we got those two we'd be doing very well. Creagh is being talked about as a $500k a year player for Manly, if that is a false rumour then he'd be a great signing too but he isn't worth that much.

The Colonel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
Poore is fantastic and Sims still has alot of potential, if we got those two we'd be doing very well. Creagh is being talked about as a $500k a year player for Manly, if that is a false rumour then he'd be a great signing too but he isn't worth that much.

Manly are still talking up keeping Kennedy for one more season. If that is the case I'd think they would have difficulty with signing Creagh. $500k is outrageous money but on potential he would be comfortably worth $950k over three years based on incentives and the like. I think Manly are trying to increase the worth of some players in a bid to sign others just quietly.

MrT

Juniors
500k a year for Creagh by Manly, sounds like the McIntyre system to me and I'm not talking about the semi's ither

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
500k a year for Creagh by Manly, sounds like the McIntyre system to me and I'm not talking about the semi's ither

that's a well thought out post :D

now please, don't ellaberate on it ;-)

scottyeel

Bench
I wouldn't mind seeing big Danny Wicks play for us. Wonder how long he's contracted for? Anyway Creagh and either Simms or Poore will do for this year.

stuke

Bench
Karmichael Hunt would be an intriguing proposition. I find it pretty odd that he is putting himself on the market. Not many players in the history of the Broncos have ever done that and still been signed by the Broncos. I can't imagine old Wayne is pleased! Generally what he wants he gets.

Now with all the money we were prepared to throw at Lyon to solve our five-eighth problem, surely we could match any club with an offer for Hunt. I know he is unproven in the halves but he is young enough and most definitely talented enough to make the transition.

Why not make a big play at him and see what comes of it....give him first crack at the #6 and give him some time to develop there. it may take a season or so...but we have been waiting for 20 seasons now, why not a few more?

Gronk

Staff member
Danny Wielder reckons that the Rorters would release Craig Wing if a club was willing to take over his contract.

number8

Juniors
I'd rather Plum than Creagh.

Don't get me wrong I think Creagh is very good but he is still over rated imo. Although in a very diffent styles, Plum is every bit the player Creagh is & then some. And at probably at only about two thirds the market value.

We'd defiately get more bang for our buck out of Plum & should throw our attention his way. He's an outstanding player. All business & at 100%, 100% of the time!