What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

ek999

First Grade
Yeah but the players sign one of these. This will have how much is in their contract as registered with the NRL. You start getting paid more than this then you should start asking questions.

a526077afaa611e2a56722000a1f9d88_7.jpg

Also noticed they haven't updated the logo on the official contract

thorson1987

Coach
Yeah but the players sign one of these. This will have how much is in their contract as registered with the NRL. You start getting paid more than this then you should start asking questions.

a526077afaa611e2a56722000a1f9d88_7.jpg

Also noticed they haven't updated the logo on the official contract

The one with the actual amount they got paid wouldn't have been lodged with the NRL though.

The one that had the lesser amount would have been though.

Also, each time they sign a contract, the actually have to sign 3. 1 the player keeps, 1 the club keeps and the last one is sent to the NRL.

GONZO72

Juniors
Nope, because that's against the law. Against the rules. There isn't a rule against multiple contacts, as long as the club lodges them with the NRL. A player can have 14 contacts, as long as they are all cleared by the NRL it's no problem.

How many players do you think have more than one contract registered with the NRL ?

Maybe none.

If people want to believe in the tooth fairy, that is their prerogative .

firechild

First Grade
And yet the players signed 2 contracts of different values. Why would they sign one worth less than they had negotiated? If they didn't, then they signed another for more than they negotiated and there should have been alarm bells. Either way the players are far from faultless (especially Smith).

GONZO72

Juniors
Firechild is spot on. Cam Smith was well aware of the goings on. He is a smart cookie. Like I said, they didnt expect to get caught.

Bulldog Force

Referee
If Melbourne can still have these 3 players in the roster, even if they're on a million each (which I highly doubt), and the rest of the team is full of duds, then they're still getting the job done legally.

Fat Krion

Juniors
Unlike the Dogs who are more than likely over the cap yet are struggling to make an impression on the competition this season.Klemmer on a million dollar deal with half a dozen first grade games on his résumé, imagine what they must be paying James Graham, the mind boggles.
Greenberg will have some skeletons in his closet once he takes charge at the NRL...

rabbitohs95

Bench
Just had a thought, if the Roosters saved cap space last year for this year, wouldn't that mean they'd have to lose a whole bunch of players to retain some. RTS and Cordner will probably seek pay rises and Maloney, Jennings and SBW definitely won't be cheap.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Just had a thought, if the Roosters saved cap space last year for this year, wouldn't that mean they'd have to lose a whole bunch of players to retain some. RTS and Cordner will probably seek pay rises and Maloney, Jennings and SBW definitely won't be cheap.

Most of those players have already been signed up long term

Bulldog Force

Referee
Unlike the Dogs who are more than likely over the cap yet are struggling to make an impression on the competition this season.Klemmer on a million dollar deal with half a dozen first grade games on his résumé, imagine what they must be paying James Graham, the mind boggles.
Greenberg will have some skeletons in his closet once he takes charge at the NRL...
Klemmer is on a million dollars... over 3 years. Not each year.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ok back on topic, the Roosters are well and truly on their way to win the MP, however, I'm still not sold on them guys. Until I see how they go against Souths in rd 26 who should have GI, and either Manly or hopefully Storm in the finals, I won't be convinced. They're versing teams all below them on the ladder who aren't in the top 4 - that's where the real tussle is.

GONZO72

Juniors
Ok back on topic, the Roosters are well and truly on their way to win the MP, however, I'm still not sold on them guys. Until I see how they go against Souths in rd 26 who should have GI, and either Manly or hopefully Storm in the finals, I won't be convinced. They're versing teams all below them on the ladder who aren't in the top 4 - that's where the real tussle is.

I don't know many dogs supporters who are sold on the roosters. I suppose when your team gets bushwhacked 38-0, and beaten by a second string roosters side, must be hard to take.
The roosters will want to play the dogs again, because they know they have their measure quite easily. The roosters will be disappointed because the dogs will struggle to get past week 2 of the finals.
The roosters biggest concern is the season ending injury to Cordner . It's a massive blow, and could derail their year.

Evenflow

Bench
Now with Cordner all but ruled out for the rest of the season it's a massive blow for them. Certainly still no reason they can't win the comp but it's just been made that bit harder for them i think. He's been excellent this year.

GONZO72

Juniors
SBW and Cordner are the benchmark for second rowers. They are the best 11 and 12 in the premiership. Mitch Aubusson is handy, but not in the same league as Cordner.

Evenflow

Bench
Cordner out.
SBW in.

:lol:

I see what you did there..... That's the very simplistic way of looking at it but it doesn't take Einstein to work out the the Roosters are much better, stronger and a bigger chance to win the comp with both Cordner and SBW as opposed to having only the latter.

It not a premiership chance killer and as i said it's no reason why they still can't win it, but even you have to agree it makes it just that bit harder without one of the form big men in the comp. Surely?