What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm glad we agree. The dogs have little chance of winning the premiership. They can't compete with the likes of the roosters, manly and the storm. They are simply making up the numbers.
Having said that Bulldog Force, you really should show more faith in your team.
I do have faith in my team, but as I stated, I am not biased and let's face it, we need to be realistic. Every team has their ups and downs, and if you expect success all the time, in our game at least, you will be disappointed.

Prime example: Look at the Broncos - they made the finals for about 15 straight years, and were the most dominant team of that era - now they're looking down the barrell of missing the finals for the 3rd time in the last 5 seasons!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ok we get it, you aren?t sold on us and blah blah blah but can you and others of your ilk stop bagging our draw. We have played Manly twice and won twice, people on here seem to think we should play them 3 times.

Canberra is hardly a lowly team as well, they are in the top 8 and yes we played Penrith last week and Wests next week. We haven?t played wests at all yet, are we supposed to not play them?
Canberra is hardly a lowly team? This coming one week after losing 68-4 to the Storm - their worst ever lose!

Anyway... if you guys played the Storm twice this season and beat them on 1 occasion, my perspective would be different!

Valheru

Coach
Canberra is hardly a lowly team? This coming one week after losing 68-4 to the Storm - their worst ever lose!
Anyway... if you guys played the Storm twice this season and beat them on 1 occasion, my perspective would be different!

And what are the stats on teams bouncing back after conceding 50 or more? Parramatta managed a win this year after conceding 50 against a current top 8 team.

So the yard stick is playing Melbourne twice and beating them once? Penrith and Canberra to be in the grand final!!!

By season?s end we would have played 12 games against top 8 teams if it stays as it is now. That is 2 games against 5 of the teams and one against the other two and of course we are the 8th team. That would mean 4 of the 6 teams we play once this year are not in the 8.

GONZO72

Juniors
There's a difference with Barba - and that is the he should be ready for round 26 or week 1 of the finals. Yes he'll lake match fitness but should have 1 or 2 games under his belt, before the finals or main finals games IF we make it that far.

And yes Barba looks to be heading out the door at seasons end - you can't deprive someone from spending time with their children!

Oh please, spare me the sob story. He is using family reasons, as a means to break his contract. If I were CEO, I'd stay, stuff you, and honour your contract. He wants to leave because, he doesn't get on well with teammates. It's been going on since the offseason.
This sympathy card he is using is crap.

Bulldog Force

Referee
And what are the stats on teams bouncing back after conceding 50 or more? Parramatta managed a win this year after conceding 50 against a current top 8 team.

So the yard stick is playing Melbourne twice and beating them once? Penrith and Canberra to be in the grand final!!!

By season?s end we would have played 12 games against top 8 teams if it stays as it is now. That is 2 games against 5 of the teams and one against the other two and of course we are the 8th team. That would mean 4 of the 6 teams we play once this year are not in the 8.
No that's not the yard stick - we've beaten Melbourne once this year and don't look as good as the Roosters. What I'm saying is if you played them in the later phase of the draw, I would've been more convinced that you could go all the way - beating Melbourne 1, Manly twice, Souths once (if that's what happens in round 26), then everything will point that way as you've gotten over the best teams in the comp this year.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Oh please, spare me the sob story. He is using family reasons, as a means to break his contract. If I were CEO, I'd stay, stuff you, and honour your contract. He wants to leave because, he doesn't get on well with teammates. It's been going on since the offseason.
This sympathy card he is using is crap.
I don't think so, because he wouldn't have extended his contract until 2015 if he wasn't happy there.

Also if his childrens mother decides to stay in Sydney after all, he won't have an excuse to fall back on.

GONZO72

Juniors
Gonzo your no Cameron smith more of a matt Keating.

Lucas-Mong, I have destroyed you. Treated you with the contempt you deserve. Your posts are a cure for insomnia. Really, you need to get out more. Don't make me have to kick your sorry butt again. Everyone already feels sorry for you. You are a very small human being

bellyache

Bench
yeah, nah.

The band will back together again at Souths.

SBW was never going to replace Cordner in that double decoy option play system. He runs it with him.

not now.
Although its sad for Cordner, We won't lose much at all.. Aubbo was playing left edge backrow early season and doing a great job. Having SBW and LOD back will be nice.

GONZO72

Juniors
Although its sad for Cordner, We won't lose much at all.. Aubbo was playing left edge backrow early season and doing a great job. Having SBW and LOD back will be nice.

Bellyache, you often talk sense, quite often, except in this instance. Boyd Cordner's loss is massive for the roosters. He is arguably the form backrower in the NRL, and has a lethal combination with the halves.
To win the premiership, they need SBW on one side, and Cordner on the other. Aubusson is handy, but poses less of a threat.

Bulldog Force

Referee
To be fair though you did cop Melbourne at the right time without Smith, Slater, Cronk and Hoffman.
So we're pretty saying that Melbourne are shit without their big 3? What's going to happen 3-4 years time when they all retire then? I told you folks that Melbourne need to start planning/preparing for that shit now!