What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

adamkungl

Immortal
Would take a few major injuries in multiple positions to really put us in shit, Robbo's built a pretty versatile, well balanced team, SBW in particular comes in useful. If a half goes down we have Sonny or Morts to step in, our bench are pulling their weight nicely, Aubo can cover for Cords pretty well.

Imo our biggest potential injury losses are Friend and JWH. A lot of our game is based on their work up the middle

Evenflow

Bench
Whatever the case with the Roosters or anyone else, there's plenty of twists and turns to be played out before the end of the season and literally anything can happen. Can't wait.

Fat Krion

Juniors
Just had a thought, if the Roosters saved cap space last year for this year, wouldn't that mean they'd have to lose a whole bunch of players to retain some. RTS and Cordner will probably seek pay rises and Maloney, Jennings and SBW definitely won't be cheap.
People in glass houses....how about the Burgess boys...remember Sam was originally signed for 250k then you have the twins George and Thomas who have risen to prominence. Then Chris McQueen has publicly stated he wants a substantial upgrade. What about young half Keary.....I could go on an on....

Michael Bishop

Juniors
People in glass houses....how about the Burgess boys...remember Sam was originally signed for 250k then you have the twins George and Thomas who have risen to prominence. Then Chris McQueen has publicly stated he wants a substantial upgrade. What about young half Keary.....I could go on an on....

Inglis would be on a fortune too. Then you'd have his family to take care of as well.

Lambretta

First Grade
Has Cordner been confirmed as being out for the season?

That's really hard to take and a real blow to our team

To be honest, I'm not sold on the Roosters yet. There are too many penalties in our game and we've lost to two of the top four teams this season.

I don't believe that any side has the right to believe they've got anything sown up this year. There are four sides that have been a cut above the rest this season but all of them have good days and bad days.

Injuries to key players are the making or breaking of a side

Inglis out of Souths - Smith out of Melbourne - Brett Stewart out of Manly - Waerea-Hargreaves out of the Roosters. All these teams have struggled when missing these players.

The team that keeps their best on the park throughout the finals series is the most likely to prevail.

I see what you did there..... That's the very simplistic way of looking at it but it doesn't take Einstein to work out the the Roosters are much better, stronger and a bigger chance to win the comp with both Cordner and SBW as opposed to having only the latter.

It not a premiership chance killer and as i said it's no reason why they still can't win it, but even you have to agree it makes it just that bit harder without one of the form big men in the comp. Surely?

Cordner has been playing on the fringe for about a month. We were dominat with him at lock in the middle where he was wasted IMO

Having Aubusson and SBW I'm fine with. I love Boyd but his injury doesn't make me pack up the season. I'd give up on 2013 if JWH went down though.

I don't think we'll win the comp anyway so I'm not fussed right now.

Tommy Smith

Referee
If anyone can make it back early it'd have to be Cords. Tough as nails and as dedicated as they come.

If I could I'd place money on him being back for the Prelim. That'll be his goal.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I don't know many dogs supporters who are sold on the roosters. I suppose when your team gets bushwhacked 38-0, and beaten by a second string roosters side, must be hard to take.
The roosters will want to play the dogs again, because they know they have their measure quite easily. The roosters will be disappointed because the dogs will struggle to get past week 2 of the finals.
The roosters biggest concern is the season ending injury to Cordner . It's a massive blow, and could derail their year.
Why are we talking about the Bulldogs again? If I'm not convinced that the Roosters won't win, you think I'm convinced about the Bulldogs?? I mean FFS I love my team but I'm deadset realistic and can be honest and unbiased enough to say that every team on the ladder on top of us has a better of winning the premiership, including, you guessed it, the Roosters!

GONZO72

Juniors
Why are we talking about the Bulldogs again? If I'm not convinced that the Roosters won't win, you think I'm convinced about the Bulldogs?? I mean FFS I love my team but I'm deadset realistic and can be honest and unbiased enough to say that every team on the ladder on top of us has a better of winning the premiership, including, you guessed it, the Roosters!

I'm glad we agree. The dogs have little chance of winning the premiership. They can't compete with the likes of the roosters, manly and the storm. They are simply making up the numbers.
Having said that Bulldog Force, you really should show more faith in your team.

Fat Krion

Juniors
Even if it's 6, he'll lake match fitness. I doubt the Roosters would want to bring him back early just for the sake of him playing in the GF.
I suppose you would have the same argument for Barba, why bring him back for a sudden death final or GF (dont think so), he will lack match fitness and probably doesn't want to play for your filthy club anyway !!! HAHAHA
Spotted on the Gold Coast this weekend

Valheru

Coach
Ok back on topic, the Roosters are well and truly on their way to win the MP, however, I'm still not sold on them guys. Until I see how they go against Souths in rd 26 who should have GI, and either Manly or hopefully Storm in the finals, I won't be convinced. They're versing teams all below them on the ladder who aren't in the top 4 - that's where the real tussle is.

Ok we get it, you aren?t sold on us and blah blah blah but can you and others of your ilk stop bagging our draw. We have played Manly twice and won twice, people on here seem to think we should play them 3 times.

Canberra is hardly a lowly team as well, they are in the top 8 and yes we played Penrith last week and Wests next week. We haven?t played wests at all yet, are we supposed to not play them?

ek999

First Grade
I suppose you would have the same argument for Barba, why bring him back for a sudden death final or GF (dont think so), he will lack match fitness and probably doesn't want to play for your filthy club anyway !!! HAHAHA

You seem rather upset by someone pointing out that Cordner isn't likely to play again this year.

big hit!

Bench
Cordner has been playing on the fringe for about a month. We were dominat with him at lock in the middle where he was wasted IMO

Having Aubusson and SBW I'm fine with. I love Boyd but his injury doesn't make me pack up the season. I'd give up on 2013 if JWH went down though.

I don't think we'll win the comp anyway so I'm not fussed right now.

Cordner is a HUUUGGEEEE!! loss.

Absolutely integral in that 4th & 5th tackle attacking play Robinson has installed with two of the lighter forwards running off Pearce or Maloney, and the two either being decoys with the ball cutting out to the centre or even cutting him out as well to the wing, or one of those forwards being the actual recipient running towards a half in defence.

Those plays are a bitch to contain for the outside defenders who are almost always outnumbered and in 4 minds about who to take. They're almost always left ball-watching wondering if Pearce or Maloney are going to dummy, give it short to the forwards, or go outside to the faster backs. And if the defender does commit, there's a high probability that he commits to the wrong player.

Bulldog Force

Referee
There's a difference with Barba - and that is the he should be ready for round 26 or week 1 of the finals. Yes he'll lake match fitness but should have 1 or 2 games under his belt, before the finals or main finals games IF we make it that far.

And yes Barba looks to be heading out the door at seasons end - you can't deprive someone from spending time with their children!

Cordner is a HUUUGGEEEE!! loss.

Absolutely integral in that 4th & 5th tackle attacking play Robinson has installed with two of the lighter forwards running off Pearce or Maloney, and the two either being decoys with the ball cutting out to the centre or even cutting him out as well to the wing, or one of those forwards being the actual recipient running towards a half in defence.

Those plays are a bitch to contain for the outside defenders who are almost always outnumbered and in 4 minds about who to take. They're almost always left ball-watching wondering if Pearce or Maloney are going to dummy, give it short to the forwards, or go outside to the faster backs. And if the defender does commit, there's a high probability that he commits to the wrong player.

Yeah, nah.

I think SBW will do fine. We're not a two man band like Souffs.