What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

Bulldog Force

Referee
So, let's get back to the discussion at hand everyone else. I think that if the Roosters beat Melbourne and PRIOR TO the GF, then yes, I'll be sold. Until then, I'm still in the belief that Melbourne have the necessary arsenal to counter and attack the Roosters throw at them.

As long they've got the big 3, they'll be hard to beat.

Valheru

Coach
You guys had to breach the cap in order to win the comp in 2002, injuries or not, you breached the cap. And considering you won the comp, your injuries couldn't have been that bad. Whereas we didn't breach the cap, had a more legitimate reason to get an exemption than your mob did, were turned down, and finished 12th.

We lost 5 straight games due to those injuries between rounds 2 and 6 from memory. There was another game against Brisbane I think where we had something like 15 first graders out

I am sold the Chooks can take out the minor premiership if they win a few more games.

Then it's a whole new comp and its down to who plays better, has more luck or who the refs award critical penalties to on the day.

They are good though. Like watching them play!

Bulldog Force

Referee
We lost 5 straight games due to those injuries between rounds 2 and 6 from memory. There was another game against Brisbane I think where we had something like 15 first graders out
Yes that was pointed out before by TT- but you need to remember what I said about the worst injury toll the Bulldogs ever faced in 2005 wasn't enough for them to get an exemption. So we had to make do with the Salary Cap and very limited match payments getting Jersey Flegg players right up to First Grade. A job nearly impossible to do, but we did it while remaining under the cap.

The Roosters breached the cap 2 times in 2002.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I am sold the Chooks can take out the minor premiership if they win a few more games.

Then it's a whole new comp and its down to who plays better, has more luck or who the refs award critical penalties to on the day.

I'm not going to deny they are good, but you put it perfectly when you said, "Then it's a whole new comp..." - that sums it up.

Prime example - look at the Dragons in 2009. Dominated the whole season, won the MP, and come finals time *boom boom* - out in straight sets.

Dogs Of War

Coach

As they say, you have to lose a grand final to win one, though the Roosters are really taking that to heart, trying to lose as many grand finals as possible.

GONZO72

Juniors
Go easy TT.

Bulldog Force is doing his level best to keep this thread alive. He is in rehab, after the mauling he received from yours truly.

He has even given up on them this year, even though they are still just 5th.

The dogs are the most despised Sydney club, they are cheats, have a toxic team, and their supporters, well it's all been said before.

Bulldog force still needs time to recover.

And the roosters didn't exceede or rort the salary cap like merkinerbury did soooooo your persistent crying and sand in vagina is for nothing

Bulldog Force

Referee
So now that Souths won last night, the push for the MP took another turn. I guess most punters would've backed Souths now that GI is back and boy, you wouldn't have thought he missed 4 games. Certainly didn't look like he was lacking match fitness. And the Burgess boys, they were machines last night, and they did it all without the best one of the lot!

GONZO72

Juniors
Quite predictable . Almost 24 hours, and zero posts. This thread was on the verge of being banished to page two........but no, wait.......Bulldog Force returns, to ensure, it keeps going.

Another inane comment to keep his thread going. Let it die already.
Start a new thread, why must you torture us with your useless comments.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Another thing the Roosters have to consider is Manly! Now, I know most of you would say that they've already beaten Manly, but that's just it. Winning against a team often triggers complacency when playing them again, however Manly will know they'll need to come back with a new gameplan - something the Roosters won't be prepared for which may ultimately be their downfall. Look at 2009 Round 26 St. George vs. Parramatta and then what happened 1 week later for example!

GONZO72

Juniors
It's very rare, when someone keeps a thread going, by basically conversing with himself.

No one is interested anyone BF u idiot. It's only you, trying to convince yourself , why you are not sold on the roosters.

You are not getting anyone responding to your boring posts.

I will continue to punish you.

Nemesis

Bench
:thumb well done against the drogans today, millsey....
were a bee's dick away from ruining my perfect tipping round tho.... phew!