What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

Bulldog Force

Referee
i don't think the lack of success in finals for souths or even Easts is an issue. both have relatively new setups and personnel. it's not like the Saints (pre premiership) and Tigers (post-premiership) teams which constantly made it and kept failing in Wk 2 or Wk 3.

the tune of many here changes week to week. manly were the 4th team when Souths beat them, now they've rocketed back into calc's. melbourne were dominant, but now there are questions being asked. and the average flog is writing off easts.

the only problem i have with the BUL's and CRO's and NEW's and NQ's and NZW's is that they've had to really be winning games now and so have been preparing like it's finals already. The top 4 have been able to manipulate training to suit the opponent and circumstances.

this year's premiership is going to be won not necessarily by the best team of the four (or even 8) on any given day.

It's going to be won by the team that can turn up on the day of the game and win, and do it 3 or 4 times in a row. that is how close this comp is. have a bad day on one of the game days and that could be it for that team's chances.

it's going to be phenomenal.
Agreed completely!

Lucas-Con

Juniors
But if you lose again? What does that say? It's the time of season to be stepping up, not fading away.

Depending on how bad the loss is I would say that we've done what the dragons did in 2009 either way if we lose I'm happy with the improvement from the roosters from the last 2 years.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
The Western press had the Criminal Germans and their axis partners in crime defeating Soviet Russia in 6 weeks as they were sold on us Soviet Russians either - how wrong can they have been We Soviet Russians won the great patriotic war. All the Roosters need is a great leader and willing troops to battle the enemy on the day and i am sure victory will be their's.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The Western press had the Criminal Germans and their axis partners in crime defeating Soviet Russia in 6 weeks as they were sold on us Soviet Russians either - how wrong can they have been We Soviet Russians won the great patriotic war. All the Roosters need is a great leader and willing troops to battle the enemy on the day and i am sure victory will be their's.
Are you serious??

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
The Western press had the Criminal Germans and Axis partners in crime defeating Soviet Russia in 6 weeks as they weren't sold on us Soviet Russians either - how wrong can they have been We Soviet Russians won the great patriotic war. All the Roosters need is a great leader and willing troops to battle the enemy on the day and i am sure victory will be their's.

Lambretta

First Grade

So what the Roosters need is to set their try line 8,000 miles behind a frozen tundra and be allowed to have 50,000,000 men on the pitch then?

Seems fair to me. Roll on Comrade

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
So what the Roosters need is to set their try line 8,000 miles behind a frozen tundra and be allowed to have 50,000,000 men on the pitch then?

Seems fair to me. Roll on Comrade

Not quite although they should implement the 5 lines of defence system into their game plan. It worked in Soviet Russia and can work in the NRL as it can be scaled to suit the battle at hand.

Don't know what the OP is talking about, I would rather our club be in the position the Roosters are in this year, I would also have liked us to display the form that the Roosters have this season*.

Yes, the Roosters may have lost a few games on the trot but they're still playing way better football than us atm. The Roosters are even better at losing than us this season.

*Although more than anything i wish we could play like we did last year.

Last edited:

Headless Chook

Juniors
f**k me footy's getting complicated. After 40 years of following this great game where if it wasn't hard enough to come to grips with $hit refereeing decisions and countless rule changes it seems I now have to become learned in WW2 European military tactics. Where will it end?

Latest posts