What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

November 1 deadline.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Really Tom, as a guy that follows a side that's won one comp in the last 35 years I would have expected that you'd have a little empathy for a long suffering sharks fan. I basically passed comment on a thread that I'm sure plenty of your fellow dragons fans would be cringing at. Time to lighten up and enjoy the mediocrity that is "Dragons footy"

It's been a pleasure doing banter with you my friend.
I'm with Hazzbeen, congrats on the win this year. I don't envy the She-rex acquisition though ;) good luck with that one.

Bench
I'll predict that the Saints make moves in 2018 to get one or more gun players for the team

That statement is what every club will be doing but I heard it on the grapevine in the beer garden at the local watering hole

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If we really are looking at Kalyn Ponga, I feel a bit sorry for Dufty.
I mean someone like Ponga, you HAVE to have a look, the statement "the kid could be anything" has never been more relevant with a player like him, his signature would be massive for the club. But at the same time, Dufty has worked so hard, it would be such a slap in the face. Rugby League can be such a brutal business sometimes.

Oh yeah, because that was confirmed by reputable sources and you're not just pulling it out of thin air.
I wonder if some of the illegal substances that the Cronulla staff provide will do something about that extra weight he's carrying?

I think the dragons actually knocked him back .. something to do with commitment and inability to get to an organized meeting with the club because he was 'tired and emotional'.

Now what would possibly cause that ..

good luck to him .. a bullet dodged.. and I doubt the sharkies will benefit from his presence.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
It's been a pleasure doing banter with you my friend.
I'm with Hazzbeen, congrats on the win this year. I don't envy the She-rex acquisition though ;) good luck with that one.
Yeah likewise Tom...hopefully you guys can get your shit together though its hard when you've got monkeys steering the ship....and I can tell you that from experience from many years as a Sharks fan. JMoz needs an uppercut for starting this faarrkked up thread by the way....continue on!

BennyV

Referee
Kalyn Ponga from Cowboys
Doubt it. We have Dufty signed up for the next 2 years, which will oversee his transition to first grade, and while Ponga is a huge talent, Dufty isn't too far behind and we still have Dugan.

Meanwhile, we still dont have a recognised halfback and I wouldn't be surprised to see the back end of Widdop at the end of 2017.

Ponga would be a Marshall-type signing; i.e., signing someone for the sake of it with no real plan as to where he fits in.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
We will vie for the wooden spoon ( made from the fencing that Miller mentioned) in 2017. Even then I doubt (or is that doust) there will be change.

gregstar

Referee
i also heard from my neighbors (but i didn't give it due courtesy given their unreliable record) that a lawyer has filed an abuse report to the police naming peter doust on behalf of her client who has been in intensive therapy.

they said her client who wished to remain nameless (but is apparently named graham) has been seen frequenting therapy sessions in the cross after having suffered intense sexual abuse involving a funnel & finger.

mongo-gerbil-dor1034646-resized.jpg

graham as seen in happier times

Old Timer

Coach
Insightful stuff from the OP of the thread which is now 233 posts old.
Gotta love how we get entertained by all this stuff as it's about as rational as our illustrious coach's game plans and bench usage.
My favourites are in bold.
The introduction of Cussy as support crew has added to the thrill of it all.
Took his advice on his last post and stuck my head in the fridge to chill out and ended up with a hangover, bloody Asahi does it every time.
Restocking with Ching Tao.

Original Post
I believe we have 1 major announcement to come after Tuesday.
Followed by
It will be huge as long as they dont stuff this up in the 24 hrs of announcement and cooling off period.
Followed by
I am back from Melbourne just wanted to let you guys know when i receive the news its a done deal you guys will know before it hits the media.
Followed by
I like it lets hope xmas comes early also good mates with dugan and thompson.
Followed by
No its not bird but would be a good signing i cant see him leaving now.
Followed by
Matt head to be appointed cutters coach and wayne Collins ex dragon hooker to under 20s coach again all in house jobs for the boys.
Followed by
Chill out guys was just giving some latest update more than our dragons web site has given all we get is player reviews from the season boring and pressure to renew our memberships. We all need this forum to keep us informed stay solid and we will receive some bloody good news that we all deserve to hear.
Followed by
Get a life old timer you need to chill.

Dragsters

First Grade
Look, it could go either way. Similar to the Dave Taylor signing at Canberra. He could genuinely turn his career around, or be a complete flop and end up wasting cap space like he's done for the last two or three years at the Bulldogs.

...and let's not forget the previous 4 or 5 years he spent walking around at manly.

kyussiscoming73

Juniors
If we really are looking at Kalyn Ponga, I feel a bit sorry for Dufty.
I mean someone like Ponga, you HAVE to have a look, the statement "the kid could be anything" has never been more relevant with a player like him, his signature would be massive for the club. But at the same time, Dufty has worked so hard, it would be such a slap in the face. Rugby League can be such a brutal business sometimes.
I wouldn't worry about it Tom.....would be great to have both, as they're great talents....and could play many positions in the backline.
Ponga is a natural who may end up at 5/8.

Latest posts