What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

willvillain

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
Having said all that Dawn Fraser irks me. Fine she is a friend of the Pearce family to me that doesn't give her the right to go on TV and use her status to push her own opinion of what should or shouldn't happen.

(Not having read the thread, so forgive me if it's already been raised)

I believe she is also a member of the Tigers board (or at least she used to be on the Balmain board), so it isn't like she doesn't have any links to the league community.

Gower's actions cast a shadow over the entire league community, so she has the right to comment, both as a friend of the Pearce family and as a League board member.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I would like to think I would be of the same opinion.

But I've often shaken my head at Willie Mason and believed him to be a ratbag for bringing our league to shame many a times. Sorry doggy fans but the love/hate relationship with him and the media brings him to the forefront of my mind when league is brought down with alleged incidents such as Gowers at the moment - no disrespect meant by it.

We all regretably have these moments unless your a neutral person and don't favour any club or player or just a freak who doesnt have a shameful, remorseful bone in their body.

I'm gutted over all this. I've been a staunch supporter of Gower. I would love to blindly defend him now. The wait is frustrating for a penrith fan. We have to sit in silence, watch and read until our Board has passed down a verdict.

Caged Panther

First Grade
willvillain said:
(Not having read the thread, so forgive me if it's already been raised)

I believe she is also a member of the Tigers board (or at least she used to be on the Balmain board), so it isn't like she doesn't have any links to the league community.

Gower's actions cast a shadow over the entire league community, so she has the right to comment, both as a friend of the Pearce family and as a League board member.

Pardon me but bullsh*t. David Gallop has the right to comment as his the CEO of the governing body (or one of them)

I think you find most other board member's of other clubs would consider it bad form to comment on the way other board's choose to run their club's. In fact her membership of the tiger's boards cast's her comments in a worse light for this reason IMO.

innsaneink

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
Actually... Yeah, I would...

NOTHING has been proven yet, so I don't know why try hards like you are suddenly such experts on what punishment is appropriate for Gowie.

I severely doubt you would. You'd be defending them left right and centre.

How am I a Hypocrite??

I haven't heard a shred of credible evidence to suggest that Craig Gower is guilty of the aforementioned accusations... and remember insaneink.... they are just that until proof has been made and/or Gowie has admitted guilt.

If it were a player from any other team I'd be of the same opinion.

You dont see it often ....but posts with people telling others how they'd act/react etc are quite remarkable.
Youre amazing Pantherjim.....youknow me better than I know myself!
:clap::clap:

Get your head out of the sand fool....do you apologize for things you haventdone?

Pantherjim.

Referee
Caged Panther said:
Well it's quite obvious from the fact that gower even had to apologise that his gone and done something boofheadish and I can't begin to express how dissapointed I am at the moment.

Actually it's not obvious at all C.P. it's still fairly ambiguous.

After all, we have no idea what specifically Gowie is apologising for. He hasn't admitted guilt for anything in particular, let alone answer any of the accusations.

Caged Panther said:
Stripping him of the captincy seems like apt starting point for punishment this stage, beyond that I'm not quite sure. It depends on the exact nature of the harrasment.

Why?

Let's wait for the summary of the clubs investigation before we start casting stones.

[/QUOTE]

*Sandy*

First Grade
El Diablo said:
Did Dawn ever apologise for stealing the flag?
Don't quote me but I don't think she actually got to steal the flag. Unless my memory fails me and it could be that considering it's been many years since I've heard 2nd or 3rd hand but I thought she was in the process of doing it but didnt actually get away with it by being caught and thrown into jail.

I know there's little difference.

Admittedly I've only heard 2nd hand through my coach but she's been on plenty of drunken rampages when on swim meets and disturbed many competitors in the past.

There's no doubt in my mind she's trying to shame Penrith and the NRL into more drastic measures. I hope for her sake her players are angels because what comes around, goes around as they say. ;-)

*Sandy*

First Grade
Innsanienk you need to remember to keep alleged to your statements. If you don't edit, I've reported for it to be edited.

KFC

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
Well it's quite obvious from the fact that gower even had to apologise that his gone and done something boofheadish and I can't begin to express how dissapointed I am at the moment.

Panthers is a big part of the identity of the Penrith community as such gower isn't just the public face of the league's team his the public face of the community as a whole. Personally I don't want someone representing my community if he can't control himself after his had a few drinks.

Stripping him of the captincy seems like apt starting point for punishment this stage, beyond that I'm not quite sure. It depends on the exact nature of the harrasment.

I agree with you that Gower was involved in something unsavoury but he's not the first footballer and sadly he wont be the last to do something silly while on the drink.

I get the sense that alot of Pathers fans are taking this very personally, which is understandable, but unnecessary. If questionable behaviour was endemic at your club, sure but it's not.

If the allegations prove to be true the precedent has been set by the NRL in regards to the young Newcastle player and his 12 month suspension.

However I seriously doubt the NRL would have the guts to make that call on Gower.

Pantherjim.

Referee
innsaneink said:
Get your head out of the sand fool....do you apologize for things you haventdone?

No, but I'm also not stupid enough to suggest appropriate punishments for a player that has apologised for an incident, where the specifics or even the basic outline of which, still remain unsubstantiated.

innsaneink

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
And you were there were you Genius?

No.

Whats he apologising for then?

A few days ago he'd hired a QC and was gunna sue the arse of the media.
Now hes apologising. What a backflip that is!:clap::clap: Onya Gowie you scumbucket.

It DONT take a genius, moron.

*Sandy*

First Grade
KFC said:
I get the sense that alot of Pathers fans are taking this very personally, which is understandable, but unnecessary. If questionable behaviour was endemic at your club, sure but it's not.

I cannot speak for every panther fan but I take it personally because I have pride. I personally put Gower up on a pedastal, so therefore I feel my trust has been betrayed. Foolish maybe ... but he is suppose to be the leader of our club. He is suppose to be the Ambassodor of our club. He is suppose to be leading by example. Personally when I have gotten the chance to speak to him, he has come across as intelligent, quiet, humble and decent. One of the allegations has shocked me personally, and then his added apology days later again has thrown me. It was clearly a "I didnt do it". Then it was an announcement of employing a solicitor in regards to statements of alleged doings leading me into false hope. Now it's an apology of some sorts. As I mentioned before foolish it maybe, but I'm feeling a little betrayed by it all. Then we have imbeciles like Innsanienk who hold little regard to the forum, it's forum rules, the administrators and probably couldnt careless if the whole forum was brought to a screaming halt and all of us were refused a place to alleviate our opinions because of their careless and thoughtless words.

KFC

Juniors
Fair enough PK. I hope this episode is resolved quickly so you can look forward to the new season.

Pantherjim.

Referee
innsaneink said:
Whats he apologising for then?

Who knows? Perhaps he's apologising for something not as severe as the accusations that the media have, perhaps blown out of all proportion?

innsaneink said:
A few days ago he'd hired a QC and was gunna sue the arse of the media.
Now hes apologising. What a backflip that is!:clap::clap: Onya Gowie you scumbucket.

And what exactly does that prove? Nothing... All it may prove is the media could have got the wrong end of the stick again

innsaneink said:
It DONT take a genius, moron.

I was actually being sarcastic, but I see Sarcasm is wasted on the incredibly stupid...

At least I'm not moronic enough to suggest appropriate punishments when I don't know the full specifics of the case and NONE of the accusations have been substantiated

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
El Diablo said:
Did Dawn ever apologise for stealing the flag?

Maybe, maybe not but her sporting body punished her hard, wonder if the Panthers/NRL will have the balls to punish Gower big time. As an aside, she apparently didn't even steal the flag, it was a hockey player but she was involved and took the rap for the others involved.

innsaneink

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
Who knows? Perhaps he's apologising for something not as severe as the accusations that the media have, perhaps blown out of all proportion?

And what exactly does that prove? Nothing... All it may prove is the media could have got the wrong end of the stick again

I was actually being sarcastic, but I see Sarcasm is wasted on the incredibly stupid...

At least I'm not moronic enough to suggest appropriate punishments when I don't know the full specifics of the case and NONE of the accusations have been substantiated

Yeah ...nothing happened.:roll:

Youre that f**kin biased its not funny.....no point debating withyou...Gowers the victim.

Who knows

and you have a go at me, yet youre defending him to the hilt, yet we see how rock solid things are from your perspective.

Pantherjim.

Referee
innsaneink said:

Youre that f**kin biased its not funny.....no point debating withyou...Gowers the victim.

and you have a go at me, yet youre defending him to the hilt, yet we see how rock solid things are from your perspective.

F*cking idiot!

Show me where I have suggested for one single solitary instance that Craig Gower is innocent?!

All I'm saying is that NOTHING HAS BEEN SUBSTANTIATED AGAINST HIM and that SUGGESTING APPROPRIATE PUNISHMENTS FOR HIM IS STUPID AND PREMATURE.

Get it Thicko? Or do you want me to grab a copy of the English to Imbecile dictionary and translate for you?

F*ck Me! :roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
F*cking idiot!

Show me where I have suggested for one single solitary instance that Craig Gower is innocent?!

All I'm saying is that NOTHING HAS BEEN SUBSTANTIATED AGAINST HIM and that SUGGESTING APPROPRIATE PUNISHMENTS FOR HIM IS STUPID AND PREMATURE.

Get it Thicko? Or do you want me to grab a copy of the English to Imbecile dictionary and translate for you?

F*ck Me! :roll:

Thicko is a Raiders fan...I am not he.

Your clubs already suggesting punishments....stupid and premature?

Y2Eel

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Yeah.........poor Cwaig.

yes poor craig indeed..

On The Big Sports Breakfast were both the host were up there at the golf day they both shot down all those rumours with gower all bar the bit with pearces family.. (due to the fact it hadnt happened yet)..

Y2Eel

First Grade
innsaneink said:

stop being such a goose of course he is going to debate the fact of what happened he is a panther fan....

Latest posts