What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

Steel Dragon said:
Do you think that because Gower is a higher profile player he will be treated differently to Dane Tilse? Or deserves to be treated different?

x

Of course he will be treated more leniently.........He IS Craig Gower after all :roll:

Pantherjim. said:

NOTHING has been proven yet, so I don't know why try hards like you are suddenly such experts on what punishment is appropriate for Gowie.

I haven't heard a shred of credible evidence to suggest that Craig Gower is guilty of the aforementioned accusations... and remember insaneink.... they are just that until proof has been made and/or Gowie has admitted guilt.

Why is he apologising then..............if he did nothing

Pantherjim.

Referee
medievilknight618 said:
Why is he apologising then..............if he did nothing

Oh For F*ck's sake! For the second time, I am NOT suggesting that he is completely innocent, I'm suggesting that the accusations made against him HAVE YET to be SUBSTANTIATED.

It's like bashing your head against a f*cking brick wall!

*Sandy*

First Grade
I wouldnt worry about them pantherjim. It's obvious they are illiterate and no matter how much you explain it to them in black and white they are going to read it how they want to read it.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo said:
Maybe, maybe not but her sporting body punished her hard, wonder if the Panthers/NRL will have the balls to punish Gower big time. As an aside, she apparently didn't even steal the flag, it was a hockey player but she was involved and took the rap for the others involved.

Actually she was not punished officially by her sporting body for stealing the flag.

She was banned for a period of years for ignoring orders and marching in the opening ceremony and wearing a non-compliant or non-standard costume in the semi-final races. It was also widely reported that she had a total dis-regard for authority at both Rome and Tokyo olympics being a constant thorn in the officials sides.

Pantherjim.

Referee
PK said:
I wouldnt worry about them pantherjim. It's obvious they are illiterate and no matter how much you explain it to them in black and white they are going to read it how they want to read it.

The thing that worries me PK, is that they are convinced Gowie is guilty of these accusations yet they are only going by what Dawn Fraser and the media says despite the lack of credible evidence.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that Craig is an angel or that he behaved like a choir boy that night, but no one can say for certain that he is as guilty as sin of all the alleged offences reported by the media thus far.

choc_soldier

Coach
Until Mick Leary and the board makes their decision (based on what happened), it's still all alleged. I speak as Panthers fan, yes, but I am trying to be unbiased, and just allowing natural justice to run its course. The truth will come out eventually, if it is there, and the actions that Penrith take will be based on that (hopefully).

To clarify what I said earlier today, I hope they punish him appropriately if he is found to be guilty of these offences.

*Sandy*

First Grade
That's correct Pantherjim. What everyone is missing or forgetting is whilst the investigation has taken place, it's still currently *under* investigation so whether he as apologise and I repeat again the apology was only for the *discomfort he may have caused the Pearce family*. He has not come out and apologised for anything in specific.

Whether it's Gowers fault, whether it's the media's fault or whether it's bloody Dawn and her 2 bobs worth on the matter - to a lot of league fans Gower will always remain guilty of the alleged accusations even if they become proven incorrect. That alone affects everyone of us Penrith Fans for we will always have to defend his innocence (if it's proven) and the clubs integrity. Sucks hey!

KFC

Juniors
I think the highlight of this drama is the way Wayne Pearce has conducted himself.

Very noble IMO

He has kept his mouth shut and left it to the Panthers to sort out whatever it is that happened.

Pantherjim.

Referee
PK said:
Whether it's Gowers fault, whether it's the media's fault or whether it's bloody Dawn and her 2 bobs worth on the matter - to a lot of league fans Gower will always remain guilty of the alleged accusations even if they become proven incorrect. That alone affects everyone of us Penrith Fans for we will always have to defend his innocence (if it's proven) and the clubs integrity. Sucks hey!

Agreed.

Regardless of whether Craig is guilty or innocent, It's left a black mark on his reputation and the club for quite some time unfortunately.

I know this little incident is not as nearly as serious as the Bulldogs Coffs Harbour rape allegations, but I know now how Bulldogs fans feel... My mate is a Dogs supporter and he was once accused of "Supporting rapists" for wearing his Canterbury jersey.

The fallout from this will be massive, especially if the allegations are substantiated. I guess the only thing we can do is stick together as Penrith Supporters, respect the club's verdict and decision and try to help rebuild the clubs integrity and reputation.

nqboy

First Grade
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17686322-23214,00.html

Gower says he can't remember
By Ray Chesterton and Josh Massoud
December 30, 2005

PENRITH captain Craig Gower pleaded alcoholic amnesia when confronted by allegations of his behaviour at a golf day in Queensland.

Despite apologising on Wednesday to league legend Wayne Pearce, Gower initially said he had no memory of it when faced with a list of allegations that included groping Pearce's 17-year-old daughter.

"I can't remember anything," Gower said when challenged by witnesses the morning after the incidents.

Pearce yesterday broke his silence, revealing he had forgiven Gower. "I've accepted the apology," he said.

"I don't drink beer but I would have a drink with him if I bumped into him.

"I've got no problem with him - apology accepted."

The Balmain hero said his daughter Tatum, and son Mitchell, 16, whom Gower is said to have chased with a bottle, had put it behind them.

It has now been established that another former rugby league international at the resort saw the need to rebuke Gower on the golf course.

Penrith has completed its investigation into the affair and will call a board meeting to decide on its reaction.

"Nothing more will be said until we meet," said Penrith president Barry Walsh.
Gower disgraced himself and the game with his antics at a 48-hour alcohol-fuelled spree at a dinner during the Jack Newton Golf Day at the Novotel Twin Waters resort.

Gower was clebrating his buck's party before he marries TV presenter Amanda Flynn in a fortnight.

During the dinner he threw knives and was seen holding knives to the necks of other guests and put headlocks on some former players.

Chook

First Grade
Pantherjim. said:
No... I think you're funny.

I think you're f*cking hillarious as a matter of fact. :lol:

You look at any snippets of info that effects Penrith negatively as a Leagues Club like a starving dog looks at a piece of meat.

LMFAO, I wouldn't be starving for long dickhead. Your puss filled club offers up a feast of negativity to feed upon...just as your Club Captain has. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pantherjim. said:
I'm sure if Craig Fitzgibbon was involved in the same scandal you wouldn't be so quick to judge or bay for his blood, would you now? :-k

We'll never know will we, as Craig Fitzgibbon is a man of class and honour, traits Craig "Stupid Westie Groper" Gower wouldn't now how to spell.

You really are sounding like a dog support Jim "it's all the media's fault", "nothing has been proven", " let's wait to see what the club does", "it's all just alleged".

Gower changed his tact as soon as the "investigation report" was handed to his Pemriff's boses. From "I'll sue" to "I apologise" is a pretty big change of strategy for someone who has done nothing wrong?

Read between the lines pinhead. If Gower had nothing to answer for he wouldn't be apologising. And with a track record like "Groper" has, well it's easy to see in this case where there is smoke, there is a raging fire.

Chook.

brook

First Grade
KFC said:
I think the highlight of this drama is the way Wayne Pearce has conducted himself.

Very noble IMO

He has kept his mouth shut and left it to the Panthers to sort out whatever it is that happened.

Its no more than I think most would have expected from junior but I agree, it would be hard to fault the way he has handled things

Pantherjim.

Referee
Chook said:
LMFAO, I wouldn't be starving for long dickhead. Your puss filled club offers up a feast of negativity to feed upon...just as your Club Captain has. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're a very sad individual Chook. Your personal vendetta/grudge against our club is quite remarkable while at the same time, very disturbing. My advice to you is to get some therapy, or if you're already seeing a psychiatrist, get them to titrate your medication dose accordingly.

Chook said:
We'll never know will we, as Craig Fitzgibbon is a man of class and honour, traits Craig "Stupid Westie Groper" Gower wouldn't now how to spell.

:lol: :lol: Class and Honour? Let's face it: He's a very good 2nd rower, that's about it... other than that, he's a League Player and like most League players capable of the same mischeif through a self-established invincibility/God Complex... It doesn't matter who you play for Chook, most League players have it. Minichiello felt brazen enough to Kick in a shop window in Paris somewhere recently. I could rave on about how that in itself is an act of Criminal Damage and how Mini should be criminally charged etc etc. But I don't know the specifics of the case. Mini was probably blind drunk at the time etc. I figure that there probably is circumstances that diminished Minichiello's culpability etc And he probably can't remember doing it and has felt remorseful ever since. In any case, I'm not prepared to shoot my mouth off about it in here like a complete moron.

Chook said:
You really are sounding like a dog support Jim "it's all the media's fault", "nothing has been proven", " let's wait to see what the club does", "it's all just alleged".

Read between the lines pinhead. If Gower had nothing to answer for he wouldn't be apologising. And with a track record like "Groper" has, well it's easy to see in this case where there is smoke, there is a raging fire.

Chook.

For the 10th time, I've NEVER professed that Craig is COMPLETELY INNOCENT. Moreover, I've explained my position clearly and comprehensively. I don't know how to make it any clearer for you other than to start learning "basic moron"

You're thicker and less intelligent than insaneink, which is a pity because other than the fact that you're a self-absorbed obsessive w*nker with far too much time on his hands and an unhealthy grudge against the Penrith Panthers, I actually thought you were a reasonably intelligent bloke. Now I know different.

I could waste my entire day arguing with imbeciles such as yourself, but quite frankly, I don't have time.

:nwave: Bye bye Chook! Remember: make sure the Nurses only give you crayons wherever you are, I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself!

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
Ahh the old Penrith Roosters hateage comes out again, which is really sad considering it has nothing at all to do with what happened.
Or sorry what is alleged to have happened, if you were looking at this with totally unbiased views as a supporter of no club in particular you would think Gower is acting very strange. Why in gods name would you say that its a disgrace about the allegations, threaten to hire a QC and then do a complete about face and apoligize for nothing in particular. It just gets worse and worse his management must have no idea. Right about now its all about trying to save some credability and they are failing miserabley. Regardless of whether or not it happened like who really cares now its all been obliterated by piss poor press releases

Pantherjim.

Referee
Rooster Lozz said:
Ahh the old Penrith Roosters hateage comes out again, which is really sad considering it has nothing at all to do with what happened.

Other than Chook's obvious obsession of hatered with the Penrith Panthers, can you show me where I've mentioned anything negative about your club thanks? :-s

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
Other than Chook's obvious obsession of hatered with the Penrith Panthers, can you show me where I've mentioned anything negative about your club thanks? :-s
The mentioning of what happens if it was Fitzgibon what about Mino, even though you didnt go on and on you still brought it up. Like who really cares what if it was Jesus christ himself.
This has nothing to do with any other club, its Penriths deal now.
I would be disgusted if any player from the team i supported was "alleged" to have carried on this way. **Hearsay**

And Gowers management should look up the term "crisis management strategy" caus god knows they have totally screwed how he is viewed by the public not that he had much of a high regard anyway BUT piss poor really

Chook

First Grade
Pantherjim. said:
You're a very sad individual Chook. Your personal vendetta/grudge against our club is quite remarkable while at the same time, very disturbing. My advice to you is to get some therapy, or if you're already seeing a psychiatrist, get them to titrate your medication dose accordingly.

:lol: :lol: Class and Honour? Let's face it: He's a very good 2nd rower, that's about it... other than that, he's a League Player and like most League players capable of the same mischeif through a self-established invincibility/God Complex... It doesn't matter who you play for Chook, most League players have it. Minichiello felt brazen enough to Kick in a shop window in Paris somewhere recently. I could rave on about how that in itself is an act of Criminal Damage and how Mini should be criminally charged etc etc. But I don't know the specifics of the case. Mini was probably blind drunk at the time etc. I figure that there probably is circumstances that diminished Minichiello's culpability etc And he probably can't remember doing it and has felt remorseful ever since. In any case, I'm not prepared to shoot my mouth off about it in here like a complete moron.

For the 10th time, I've NEVER professed that Craig is COMPLETELY INNOCENT. Moreover, I've explained my position clearly and comprehensively. I don't know how to make it any clearer for you other than to start learning "basic moron"

You're thicker and less intelligent than insaneink, which is a pity because other than the fact that you're a self-absorbed obsessive w*nker with far too much time on his hands and an unhealthy grudge against the Penrith Panthers, I actually thought you were a reasonably intelligent bloke. Now I know different.

I could waste my entire day arguing with imbeciles such as yourself, but quite frankly, I don't have time.

:nwave: Bye bye Chook! Remember: make sure the Nurses only give you crayons wherever you are, I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself!

Gessuz Jim, for someone who doesn't have time, you certainly have a long winded way of saying narf off!! That's just one of the reasons I won't be taking your advice.

See you at the next Penrith f**k up.

Chook.

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
Rooster Lozz said:
I would be disgusted if any player from the team i supported was "alleged" to have carried on this way. **Hearsay**
Where did the "heresay" come from ? Like i know that you have to watch whats being said BUT this is no lie, my mum, dad, and 2 brothers were there and some of it may be heresay but what isnt heresay and what they witnessed for their own eyes to see no crap was a very intoxictated person