What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

Caged Panther

First Grade
Pantherjim. said:
Actually it's not obvious at all C.P. it's still fairly ambiguous.

After all, we have no idea what specifically Gowie is apologising for. He hasn't admitted guilt for anything in particular, let alone answer any of the accusations.

Why?

Let's wait for the summary of the clubs investigation before we start casting stones.
[/QUOTE]

Pantherjim I understand completely what your saying in the sense that I have no doubt the media via being vauge with regards to telling us what gower has done has probably blown up the incident to be more that it is. Keeping that in mind the extent of his punishment is something still very up in the air.

BUT at the same time Gower did something that obviously upset the Pearce family while drunk, the exact nature of what that thing was we don't know. But he did something to upset another person while drunk and for me that isn't the sort of behaviour I expect from someone who is supposed to be not only the face of our club but our community also.

choc_soldier

Coach
The board met today... from the Panthers site.

Dec 30 - The Panthers Board met today to discuss allegations of misconduct by Craig Gower.

Later, the chairman of the Board, Barry Walsh, issued the following statement:

"The Board of PDRLFC Ltd today held a preliminary meeting to discuss a report from our General Manager, Michael Leary, into allegations about Craig Gower’s behaviour at a recent golf tournament on the Sunshine Coast.

"The report is the result of a thorough investigation carried out by Michael Leary and other Penrith staff on the Sunshine Coast and elsewhere.

"We decided today that Craig Gower has a case to answer and he will be called to a meeting of the Board at which he will be given the opportunity to do so. According to the terms of his contract with the club and the NRL, he must be given notice of that meeting in writing.

"The meeting has been set down to take place at Panthers at 4.00pm on Wednesday the fourth of January.

"After that meeting the Board will be in a position to decide on the next step.

"Obviously, nobody from Panthers can say anything further about this matter until that meeting has taken place."

Barry Walsh – Chairman, Penrith District Rugby League Football Club Ltd

http://www.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=7

Pantherjim.

Referee
Rooster Lozz said:
The mentioning of what happens if it was Fitzgibon what about Mino, even though you didnt go on and on you still brought it up. Like who really cares what if it was Jesus christ himself.

So?

I was merely using Fitzgibbon in a hypothetical scenario, and Minichiello as an example. I did the same with inaneink (insaneink) in a hypothetical scenario with two players from the Wests Tigers, as I don't think either Chook, inaneink or any other sad individual on this forum that is actively chanting for Craig Gower's contract to be ripped up would be of the same attitude if it were players from their respective clubs.

Therefore, with regards to your "Roosters/Penrith Hatage" theory, I haven't rubbished the Sydney Roosters in any way, shape, or form thanks very much.

Talk to your mate Chook about that issue, he's very proficient at draging other clubs other than his own through the sh*t, especially when it comes to Penrith.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Chook said:
Gessuz Jim, for someone who doesn't have time, you certainly have a long winded way of saying narf off!! That's just one of the reasons I won't be taking your advice.

See you at the next Penrith f**k up.

Chook.

F*ck me, you are a sad, obsessed and vindictive little turd aren't you?

Hopefully Penrith won't have another scandal, actually I hope no team in the N.R.L. has to experience this.

If, However there is another unfortunate N.R.L. incident and it does involve your club, Chook you won't find me lurking around the appropriate Rooster bashing thread anywhere.

That's the difference between you and me you see....;-)

Won't be taking my advice about what? The Crayons? Oh well, maybe you should convince the Nurses to limit your internet access then, as I think it tends to overexcite you.

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
So?

I was merely using Fitzgibbon in a hypothetical scenario, and Minichiello as an example. I did the same with inaneink (insaneink) in a hypothetical scenario with two players from the Wests Tigers, as I don't think either Chook, inaneink or any other sad individual on this forum that is actively chanting for Craig Gower's contract to be ripped up would be of the same attitude if it were players from their respective clubs.

Therefore, with regards to your "Roosters/Penrith Hatage" theory, I haven't rubbished the Sydney Roosters in any way, shape, or form thanks very much.

Talk to your mate Chook about that issue, he's very proficient at draging other clubs other than his own through the sh*t, especially when it comes to Penrith.

Yeah whatever.....
I find it funny that you come to this thread and you dont even mention whats happened yesterday, any comments ?

Glen

Bench
Pantherjim. said:
:lol: :lol: Class and Honour? Let's face it: He's a very good 2nd rower, that's about it... other than that, he's a League Player and like most League players capable of the same mischeif through a self-established invincibility/God Complex... It doesn't matter who you play for Chook, most League players have it. Minichiello felt brazen enough to Kick in a shop window in Paris somewhere recently. I could rave on about how that in itself is an act of Criminal Damage and how Mini should be criminally charged etc etc. But I don't know the specifics of the case. Mini was probably blind drunk at the time etc. I figure that there probably is circumstances that diminished Minichiello's culpability etc And he probably can't remember doing it and has felt remorseful ever since. In any case, I'm not prepared to shoot my mouth off about it in here like a complete moron.
Wow that was really dumb. So just because Fitzgibbon is a footy player he must automatically be an arrogant pisshead who is always one step away from getting in trouble? There are plenty of good men in the game, don't throw every other player in the same boat as that piece of trash pervert Craig Gower.

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
Glen said:
Wow that was really dumb. So just because Fitzgibbon is a footy player he must automatically be an arrogant pisshead who is always one step away from getting in trouble? There are plenty of good men in the game, don't throw every other player in the same boat as that piece of trash pervert Craig Gower.

You will never win an argument here, i think we are loosing sight of what the topic is all about. Its got nothing to do with other footy players or clubs its got soley to do with Penrith and Craig Gower

Fibroman

First Grade
The thing that I find really funny about all this is spotting the gimps that never played the game. Never went on a footy trip. Never went to a game on a bus with the other players. Never went on mad Monday.

I played the game, and that is why I don't take the whole thing as seriously as some of you twits (mostly gooster supporters).

The fact is..........Gowie had a few drinks, and got up to a bit of mischief. He was a bit naughty. THAT'S IT. Wayne Pearce played the game, and that is why he isn't carrying on like a pork chop about the whole thing.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Fibroman said:
The thing that I find really funny about all this is spotting the gimps that never played the game. Never went on a footy trip. Never went to a game on a bus with the other players. Never went on mad Monday.

I played the game, and that is why I don't take the whole thing as seriously as some of you twits (mostly gooster supporters).

The fact is..........Gowie had a few drinks, and got up to a bit of mischief. He was a bit naughty. THAT'S IT. Wayne Pearce played the game, and that is why he isn't carrying on like a pork chop about the whole thing.

lol at Fibroman.. btw.. good luck with your assault charge.. It's ok.. just plead the 'I play football and was off my face and can't remember what happened defence'

innsaneink

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
So?

Typical loser Panther Jism..

Playin the man not the ball.

Youre throwing "sad" round left right and center yet its you that seems to be getting personal here.:lol:

Craig Gowers been found to have a
case to answer....surprise, sur -f**kin -prise.
Youre a genius Jim.....knowing how other posters would think and react...assume theyd be as blind as you and support their player no matter what....as I said before, to claim to know how others would react in similar circumstances....well thats jsut laughable.

Why dont you just play the ball here Jim...the ball is Gower and what HE did, not myself or chook or Lozz or Fitzgibbon or Miniechello or Dawn Fraser..

Case to answer.

Whats the bet its a slap on the wrist 25% salary
fine and stripped of the (C).

gaterooze

Bench
innsaneink said:
Whats the bet its a slap on the wrist 25% salary
fine and stripped of the (C).

A $100,000 fine is a "slap on the wrist" :oops:

If this was a "normal" person who had a night on the piss -- and did everything Gower is claimed to have done -- what would the punishment be? At most a $500 fine. More likely, absolutely nothing.

Get some perspective.

brook

First Grade
He wont be given a 25% fine

my bet is a 10k fine and he'll 'resign' from the captaincy

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gasnier was fined $50,000 by his club and dropped from the NSW squad - all for taking part in a dumb phone call.

innsaneink

Referee
gaterooze said:

If this was a "normal" person who had a night on the piss -- and did everything Gower is claimed to have done -- what would the punishment be? At most a $500 fine. More likely, absolutely nothing.

Get some perspective.

LOL....well he'd still have 300K to help ease the pain of that slap....I'm sure he'll struggle to make ends meet.

brook said:
my bet is a 10k fine and he'll 'resign' from the captaincy

Dont think so Brook.

Shamed Gower begs for job
By Phil Rothfeld and James Phelps
January 1, 2006

SHAMED Penrith halfback Craig Gower broke a two-week media ban last night to declare: "I want to keep the Penrith captaincy."

Gower will front the Penrith board on Wednesday in the aftermath of his drunken behaviour at the Jack Newton celebrity golf tournament on the Sunshine Coast two weeks ago.

The Penrith board will consider a fine and/or axing him from the captaincy as punishment for allegedly groping the daughter of league legend Wayne Pearce and being involved in other drunken incidents.

But Gower last night told
The Sunday Telegraph he desperately wanted to keep the captaincy.

"I didn't really want to talk before I met with the board," Gower said. "But as for suggestions I might throw in the captaincy, that's wrong.

"I regard it as a great honour and it's something I want to keep. I've just got to front the board and see what happens. To be honest, I don't know what to expect."

Coach John Lang yesterday distanced himself from the speculation over Gower's future as skipper but said he would meet the halfback for talks on Tuesday.

"I haven't spoken to Craig about anything because I've been away on holidays," Lang said.

"The whole captaincy issue is a matter for the board and not me. All I will say is that Craig is an outstanding on-field leader." Last week Gower issued a one-paragraph apology to the Pearce family in a statement: "With regard to an incident at Twin Waters last Monday, December 19, to the extent that I have caused the Pearce family any discomfort, I unreservedly apologise."

The Penrith board met on Friday to discuss a report into Gower's behaviour that was compiled by football manager Mick Leary. It was decided Gower had a case to answer but at no stage did board members discuss possible punishment.

Kiwi international Tony Puletua said he is ready to lead the Panthers should Gower be stripped of the captaincy. Puletua, who has signed with Penrith until 2009, said that while he would be disappointed for Gower, he would take up the captaincy if offered.

"It would be awesome to lead the Panthers," he said. "But I haven't even spoken to Craig about it and I would like to before I say too much. We are going back to training soon so I'm sure we will all sit down and talk about it.

"For me, it's disappointing because Craig is such an awesome leader on the field. If you put aside what happened he is still a great player. If he does lose (the captaincy) I'm sure he will be able to move on. He will still be a leader on the field and it won't affect the way he plays"

Puletua would be favoured to replace Gower ahead of hooker Luke Priddis because of the amount of work the big second-rower does at the club.

"I do a lot of the off-field stuff," Puletua said. "Gower leads on the field and I lead off the field, that's the system we have here.

"I come in for the young ones and they come and talk to me.

"We have a lot of young Islanders and they look up to me, so I have to be a role model."

NRL spokesman John Brady said the governing body would review any action taken by the Panthers this week and said they have the power to penalise the club should they handle the matter inappropriately.

The Sunday Telegraph

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17700008-23214,00.html

bluesbreaker

Bench
I haven't actually followed the proceedings too closely, but If he actually felt that chick up, he should be sacked on the spot.

Big Mick

Referee
While it is still alleged, it is pretty clear something went down now...

He should lose the captaincy just for putting the Penrith club name through the dirt.

My captain would be Priddis.

KFC

Juniors
gaterooze said:

Get some perspective.

If he was a normal person it wouldn't have made the papers

If he was a normal person the police would have been involved by now.

If he was a normal person 25% of his paypacket wouldn't be worth $100,000!!!

Also a normal person doesn't drive around with his model grilfriend in a Porche Cayenne.

Does that help put things in perspective?

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
While it is still alleged, it is pretty clear something went down now...

He should lose the captaincy just for putting the Penrith club name through the dirt.

My captain would be Priddis.
Finally some sense. I know it would bloody hurt for the captain of the team you support to be in the press like this. I know for sure, if it was my club i would be pretty angry and be really demanding they get to the bottom of it and if the allegations were proven to be true make an example of them. I am kinda sick of hearing the golden boot winner Mino doing silly things on the drink. The guys a professional athlete and whilst i am sure he was just letting of some steam having a nice time you can do that responsably and not have your name in the papers.
The players need to learn a lesson.
We cant keep having the name of this great game we all love dragged through the mud for what a few drinks on a bucks weekend? Or a silly night out in Paris it just has to stop. If you want to right yourself do it in the comfort of your own home or a mates place but not in public places

Latest posts