What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

Davester

Juniors
Renowned League Expert said:
I hope the stories about Gower linking up with the Roosters are true. I think he's a very, very good player and I'd love to see him in the red, white and blue. :)

Stories of Gower to the Roosters? ...no surprised, everyone gets linked to them.

Anyways you'd hope not actually...knowing his value, he'd exceed the roosters cap by a big chunk, that or you'll lose a fair few players to make room for him.

KFC

Juniors
I hope the stories about Gower linking up with the Roosters are true. I think he's a very, very good player and I'd love to see him in the red, white and blue. :)

Hmmmmm not much of an expert are you?

parra_panther said:
If these allegations (I stress that word at the moment) come to be true, I think he will be stripped of the captaincy. He will not get his contract ripped up.

Which leads to the question of who would be his replacement... probably Tony Puletua.

From what I've heard, unofficially, if the allegations are correct it will be more than just his captaincy that is stripped.

pantherz9103

First Grade

#-o

No I'm not worried. I'm more stunned that you could believe it.

nqboy

First Grade
Where did you get the idea that courts are about truth when only one side has to sit in the box?

nqcowboy87

Bench
how old is juniors daughter cause if he did alegedly grope her it would be even worse if she was say 17, i mean thats some f**ked up sh*t espeacially with amanda flynn as your fiance
pretty much every guy that i know (thats not married) would give their left nut to be with amanda flynn
aaaaahhhhh amanda flynn

Bumble

First Grade
Davester said:
Stories of Gower to the Roosters? ...no surprised, everyone gets linked to them.

Anyways you'd hope not actually...knowing his value, he'd exceed the roosters cap by a big chunk, that or you'll lose a fair few players to make room for him.

Please, I'm sure he'd sign for 150,000 a season to play under supercoach. :roll:

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
nqboy said:
Where did you get the idea that courts are about truth when only one side has to sit in the box?

If Gower decides to sue, then don't be suprised if the Pearce's decide to do the same. In any case I doubt Gower will sue, remember when Willie Mason threatened to sue when his name was leaked as the Bulldogs player to be fined for a positive drugs test, when push came to shove, nothing happened.

Sir Knight82 said:
Only thing is Dane's was done on an official team trip when he was officially representing the knights.

Can you argue that Gower was representing the Panthers.

I dont think you could atleast IMO

I was ALWAYS under the impresssion that ANY players were representatives of there clubs .........WHEREVER they went. Could be wrong,but i doubt it

Immortal said:
Are you guys looking at the same head I am. She looks like a Greek parrot, she just has boobs.

Do you look at the mantlepiece when you stoke the fire :) :lol: ... Iam bloody well sure I dont ..........lol

choc_soldier

Coach
medievilknight618 said:
I was ALWAYS under the impresssion that ANY players were representatives of there clubs .........WHEREVER they went. Could be wrong,but i doubt it

As Glen Matthews said, when players sign a contract, it starts on the 1st November and ends on the 31st October the next year.

So yes, Gower was representing Penrith at the golf tournament. That's how he was the celebrity.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Latest developments..

Gower apologises to Pearce family
December 28, 2005

EMBATTLED Penrith skipper Craig Gower has "unreservedly" apologised to rugby league legend Wayne Pearce's family as his NRL club prepares to consider his immediate future.

Gower today finally broke his silence over allegations that emerged after his appearance at last week's Jack Newton Celebrity Golf Classic at Peregian Waters.

The most serious claim was that a drunk Gower groped Pearce's 17-year-old daughter Tatum and chased the league legend's 16-year-old son Mitchell with a bottle at the event's after-party at the Twin Waters Resort.

The Australian halfback is also alleged to have had arguments with several guests, damaged a golf cart, held a butter knife to the throat of a Sydney radio personality and walked around the resort naked.

After keeping a low profile since the allegations arose last week, Gower today said in a brief statement: "With regard to an incident at Twin Waters last Monday, December 19, to the extent that I have caused the Pearce family any discomfort, I unreservedly apologise".

Penrith football manager Mick Leary will tomorrow hand Panthers chairman Barry Walsh a report on the allegations before a board meeting is called to consider whether Gower should be penalised.

Leary and operations chief Peter Mulholland completed the investigation after visiting Maroochydore's Twin Waters resort and holding further interviews with other guests of the charity event in Sydney.

Penrith chief executive Glenn Matthews today said Gower's fate would be decided at a Panthers board meeting expected to be held this week.

He confirmed Gower could be fined up to a quarter of his annual salary – around $100,000 – if allegations were proven correct.

However, Matthews said talk of Gower having his lucrative contract torn up were "way off the mark".

"I think we are a long way away from talking about penalties at this stage," he said.

"We have to go through the process first. We haven't really looked at that other than understanding what the NRL contract says which is fining up to a quarter of his annual salary or suspension."

Matthews said Walsh would call a board meeting to discuss the report and Gower's fate "sooner rather than later".

"I am waiting on a copy of the report but I understand it contains a number of statements," he said.

"That will be given to the chairman who will call a board meeting and go through the report.

"After that we will decide what action to take and if there are allegations to be put to Craig.

"The next move would be calling Craig to the board."

Matthews said he had spoken to Gower several times since the allegations arose but had not discussed "any specifics".

"Obviously the investigation is done, the board will meet and if there is a meeting to be held with Craig we have to give him due notice and also give him fair warning as to what the allegations are," he said.

"We've got to ensure there is natural justice."

Leary said he had not given any recommendations to the board in his report on Gower.

"I have investigated the matter. I can't be the judge and jury – that's for the board to decide," Leary said. He would not confirm whether he spoke to swimming great Dawn Fraser who last week claimed she consoled Tatum Pearce and witnessed Gower chase Mitchell around the table at the after-party.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17677794-23214,00.html

Could we presume from this that talk of Gower taking legal action against the Pearce's is now unlikely. Gee what a suprise..

Y2Eel

First Grade
all those allegations beside the part with the pearce family have been blown outta proportion thanks to the media...

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
The media were just reporting what was alleged to have happened, sure little bits and pieces may have been blown up but the allegations were still there and what a surprise that he has now apoligised.
Silly bugger i wish nothing ever happened but because it did action has to be taken you cant just ignore it

choc_soldier

Coach
Something may happen tomorrow... from the Panthers site:

Dec 28 - Panthers General Manager Rugby League, Michael Leary, has finalised his report into allegations about the conduct of Craig Gower at a recent charity golf tournament.

He will present it to the Chairman of the Board tomorrow.

Earlier today, Gower issued the following statement:

"With regard to an incident at Twin Waters last Monday, December 19, to the extent that I have caused the Pearce family any discomfort I unreservedly apologise. - Craig Gower."

http://www.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=6

ozzie

Bench
medievilknight618 said:
Do you look at the mantlepiece when you stoke the fire :) :lol: ... Iam bloody well sure I dont ..........lol

but you could get an aweful headache when you hit you head on the mantlepiece..

reported n 2KY this morning it's a possibility that his punishment is 1/4 of his yearly salary (or play for Souths)

Latest posts