What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL and AFL go head to head in Sydney's west on Saturday night

Teddyboy

First Grade
Aussie Rules is the only sport that looks like a bowl of Spaghetti as it's just a big mess with more refs blowing whistles then in Union.
I really can not see the love for AFL in Australia.
I be fine if Australia's footy codes where League,Union and Soccer.

Surandy

Bench
Blacktown Stadium fits 3000 people ONLY :lol: AFL trying to pull a quick one on us :lol:

Idiot.

Are you talking about this wasteland?

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=331

blacktown_oval.jpg

Last edited:

MsStorm

Bench
Interestingly the trial last weekend in Perth between Parra and Saints got close to 10,000 and no one made a big deal about it

That's a great crowd and someone should have made a song and dance about.
Did the Terrorgraph do a write up on the game?

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's a big part of the problem, no one talks our own game up. Where was Gallop crowing about nearly 10,000 turning up for a trial in AFL heartland? (oh yes in A&E after falling over his News ltd bung!) Why weren't the RL heartland papers making comment on the potential for the NRL to move into Perth, why did the West Australian virtually ignore it?

The promotion of our game and our ability to control the media sucks big time.

macavity

Referee
If the morons out there want to follow that awful sport, good luck to them.

Anyone with 2 braincells to rub together will realise that the RL community is the only thing Western Sydney has going for it - it is otherwise a complete shythole and I can't believe anyone would voluntarily live there.

bobmar28

Bench
If the morons out there want to follow that awful sport, good luck to them.

Anyone with 2 braincells to rub together will realise that the RL community is the only thing Western Sydney has going for it - it is otherwise a complete shythole and I can't believe anyone would voluntarily live there.

What's the weather like in valentine today?

Evenflow

Bench
Blacktown Stadium fits 3000 people ONLY :lol: AFL trying to pull a quick one on us :lol:

Idiot.

Actually I was wrong. It's not 3,000 seats, it's 1,500 :lol:

Stop trying to hide your f**k up like you did in the April fools thread :lol: You said in your first post the ground fits 3000 people ONLY, you mentioned nothing about the amount of seats it has. The ground actually does have a capacity of 10,000. Nice try though.......

Big Mick

Referee
like it matters.

When you give away 7,500 tickets its basically fraud to say you've "sold out".

They have sold 2,500 tickets...Penrith vs Parra have sold 5,000 and traditionally we'll get more walk ups than pre-sales...I know i don't pre-buy and I get tickets at the game for example.

Plus this is a trial game...not a pre-season cup game.

The fact they are that desperate shows they are scared.

I just wish someone at the NRL would call a spade a spade and say they are full of sh!t.

Dragonwest

Juniors
That's a great crowd and someone should have made a song and dance about.
Did the Terrorgraph do a write up on the game?

Yes it was, considering they were charging $30 a ticket, it was v-day, Good Vibrations and the Force, Eagles & Glory were all playing at home that w.e!

MsStorm

Bench
Yes it was, considering they were charging $30 a ticket, it was v-day, Good Vibrations and the Force, Eagles & Glory were all playing at home that w.e!

I'm really disappointed that the NRL didn't take this as an opportunity to at least talk it up especially considering the entry price was so expensive (compared to the cheap entry fee for the NAB cup game- think its $10).

Green Machine

First Grade
Stop trying to hide your f**k up like you did in the April fools thread :lol: You said in your first post the ground fits 3000 people ONLY, you mentioned nothing about the amount of seats it has. The ground actually does have a capacity of 10,000. Nice try though.......
But it doesn't have 10,000 seats as has been quoted in the media. Is it really a stadium with only 1,600 seats out of 10,000?

Loudstrat

Coach
That's a big part of the problem, no one talks our own game up. Where was Gallop crowing about nearly 10,000 turning up for a trial in AFL heartland? (oh yes in A&E after falling over his News ltd bung!) Why weren't the RL heartland papers making comment on the potential for the NRL to move into Perth, why did the West Australian virtually ignore it?

The promotion of our game and our ability to control the media sucks big time.

10k isn't earth shattering for a one off if we are seeking 15k average for a NRL side. Yes, it's only a trial between 2 squads missing some stars - so my qualified reaction is - "Not bad, Perth. Lets go again with a Telstra Cup match"

To be fair, the All stars game and the NRL fan days have blitzed the media, so not much room for the trial. But an opportunity to bag Gallop - piss poor mate.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I hope the Boggers at Blacktowns new stadium can handle the demand.

:lol: the big questions do have to be asked.

I'm sure they'll find a way around it, there is always the option of heading back to Sheedys for some further shenanigans....Reg in arse less chaps is a big hit amongst the players still..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: the big questions do have to be asked.

I'm sure they'll find a way around it, there is always the option of heading back to Sheedys for some further shenanigans....Reg in arse less chaps is a big hit amongst the players still..
Rex Baysarri getting ready for a big night out at the Blacktown Boggers.
Barassibacksus1.jpg

Evenflow

Bench
But it doesn't have 10,000 seats as has been quoted in the media. Is it really a stadium with only 1,600 seats out of 10,000?

So the people have to be seated to count as part of the crowd? Does that mean we don't count the people at our grounds that still have a hill or standing area which number tens/hundreds of thousands a season? Of course not and it's a ridiculous thing to even suggest. They go through the gate and are there regardless of if they sit or stand they'[re still there. Nobody once mentioned there were 10,000 seats in the sh*thole of a stadium, they said there were 10,000 people attending which is what the capacity is.

Latest posts