What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL and AFL go head to head in Sydney's west on Saturday night

+1, and i had my first name as Sheedy is a wanker and last name as afl is for poofs.:crazy:
Yeah I had my first name as Vic and last name Tard. I think it's good to propagate the term Victorian, just like AFL, so it becomes well known and a part of the language. A few years ago AFL wasn't so prevalent but now you hear it all the time, and it's even been mentioned in mainstream press etc. If we can associate AFL with terms like AFL and Victorian then it's going to help keep it unpopular and unattractive, especially to young boys and men, which is their main target market. So spread the word.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
+1 Victorian. I think it has a nice ring to it. "Abblott kicks the ball for the Tards!, but he misses. Dont worry he still gets a point because ever tard who plays the game wins!!!"

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
+1 Victorians under the name Kelvin Shoddy.
It would be funny to see Victorians get a higher % than some of the options.

On the subject of names, I for one hate these stupid new names like Pride, yeah I saw it on their list, and it will get votes. The A-League has some of these dumb arse names, Fury, Roar, Glory, Heart and Victory, I couldn't support a team with a name like that.

Ray Mosters

Juniors
On the subject of names, I for one hate these stupid new names like Pride, yeah I saw it on their list, and it will get votes. The A-League has some of these dumb arse names, Fury, Roar, Glory, Heart and Victory, I couldn't support a team with a name like that.
I certainly dont mind some of them, Glory is good and Fury is OK. The Storm is an awesome name, one of that style.

There are some really stupid ones though. Pride? Heart?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Paul Roos is a deadset LEGEND :D
He was on the radio yesterday slamming the AFL for using the Swannies team playing in blacktown as a marketing tool for the GWS team. Absolute champion :)

Ike E Bear

Juniors
+1 Victorians under the name Kelvin Shoddy.
It would be funny to see Victorians get a higher % than some of the options.

Victorian could outnumber the second most popular three to one ... we'll never know. Shhhhhh.

It might send a message about how unwelcome they are.

adamkungl

Immortal
I certainly dont mind some of them, Glory is good and Fury is OK. The Storm is an awesome name, one of that style.

There are some really stupid ones though. Pride? Heart?

All crap names imo. Storm is the last crap out of them because at least its an actual object as opposed to an abstract concept, but still pretty crap.

Shire Panther

Juniors
As an englishman i think AFL is stupid.
As an Australian i think afl is stupid!!!!!!!!! It's embarrasing for Australia they shouldnt of been allowed to call it Australian Football League!!!!!!

Its a disgrace seeing seeing grown men wear poofy tights and vests and then get excited about getting a point for missing:sarcasm: stupid f**ken Victorians i wish they would f**k off and stop trying to infect ther rest of the country with this southern rubbish!!!!!!!!!

Gregbyday

Juniors
Yeah I had my first name as Vic and last name Tard. I think it's good to propagate the term Victorian, just like AFL, so it becomes well known and a part of the language. A few years ago AFL wasn't so prevalent but now you hear it all the time, and it's even been mentioned in mainstream press etc. If we can associate AFL with terms like AFL and Victorian then it's going to help keep it unpopular and unattractive, especially to young boys and men, which is their main target market. So spread the word.

A couple of names the AFL is trying to use to call/reference their game laterly and is being used more and more is League and indigenous game.

An example was on sports Tonight last night when the Blood Nut said crossing now to the league boss. I was thinking it was Gallop they were crossing to, but it was the AFL boss he was referring to.

The AFL want the names football, AFL, league and indigenous game to be known by the masses as the common names for their crap game. Maybe I am wearing my foil hat with this one but I think the AFL wants to claim all the names as theirs except rugby and soccer. Hence most people in Victoria not knowing the difference or the is two separate games of Rugby.

Lambretta

First Grade
I voted for Victorian too - but I used my real name

I have no problem with calling a spade a spade.

Ah f**k em. They need a wake-up call and being the most arrogant, deluded geniuss on the planet it's going to take everything we've got.

Paul Roos is a deadset LEGEND :D
He was on the radio yesterday slamming the AFL for using the Swannies team playing in blacktown as a marketing tool for the GWS team. Absolute champion :)

The start of the war of words to drum up some sort of fake rivalry between the clubs.

Teddyboy

First Grade
As an Australian i think afl is stupid!!!!!!!!! It's embarrasing for Australia they shouldnt of been allowed to call it Australian Football League!!!!!!

Its a disgrace seeing seeing grown men wear poofy tights and vests and then get excited about getting a point for missing:sarcasm: stupid f**ken Victorians i wish they would f**k off and stop trying to infect ther rest of the country with this southern rubbish!!!!!!!!!

I know but i speak to alot of aussie's over hear at Touch Rugby from NSW and Queensland who are Rugby League fans yet there also live AFL:x

Loudstrat

Coach
Ah f**k em. They need a wake-up call and being the most arrogant, deluded geniuss on the planet it's going to take everything we've got.

Great. So whan 90% of their 200 responders are obviously League fans taking the piss, they automatically know they are getting to us.

Ignore them. And despite the spin, at AR HQ they will know from the paltry 20 respondents that they should just cut their losses - call Sheedy an early april fools joke, and piss off to Tasmania.

A true League fan would not spend their time worrying about how to annoy AFL. There are far more important things to worry about, such as Royce Simmons' toenails and Stan Jurd's belly button fluff.

These tools already think they are king sh*t and it's only a matter of time before Sydney and then rest of the world falls their way. Ignoring them and hoping they will realise they'r enot wanted won't work. We're dealing with the most deluded f**kwits ever. At least this way they might get the idea that we don't want them. It won't stop them but it might at least piss them that they aren't getting their way. I think them asking that the playrugbyleague sign be taken down shows how something small that challenges their superior, dictatorial attitude can rile them. The press is giving them a free ride so it's up to us to put them in their place a little bit.

Vote 1 Victorians.