What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL faces major turmoil as clubs threaten breakaway league

Von Hipper

Juniors
Omg el creep is up to 82.5k!! posts now. What if I told you I am elds alt account? Did you know the word "alt" comes from world of warcraft? He plays Warcraft. But more importantly all those alt accounts he bags people about, they must all be him.

Mind. Blown.

And he just keeps getting more and more intolerant. Might be time to give it away el creep.

Oh geesus is this me turning into el creep?

Uh oh. He's everything we all aim to be. Let the alt take over, son, let it take over. Muhaha

Just think, his REAL post count could be 800,000...

Wordgasm. But should be careful not to say that too loudly in front of evil jesus

Von Hipper

Juniors
you wouldn't know what the topic was

you post the same thing in every thread and avoid questions more often than you avoid showers

Cricket Red Cards anyone? Haha this is why we have the commission, why we got Dave Smith, why we got the former treasurer, Greenberg and why they're sitting down with Bart, ect. Each is progressing the game some, experience!

Lol! So funny! Allowed to pilfer NFL until your hearts content, but AFL? Nooo, Sir, no way, no no no. What a dill.

Btw those ideas, well, there are no original ideas just nrl tweaks, who cares where they come from.

El Dorado here has blocked my ass so I can say it without thinking about the bullying, deflection, and other scapegoating-insults that come along with it.

Great deflection, obscuring the issue with the same kinda thing.
But pr usually he does not. Usually the posts truths are self evident. Maybe if el d wasn't so stuck up he'd be seeing that.

Last edited:

Von Hipper

Juniors
Just remember this, goto his profile page. You'll see: "Kiwi:
  1. jump off the Broncos as a fan. Something I have leant over the last 12 months though is it doesn't matter how my club is travelling as the most hated it will always be a target on this site along with myself as a fan of the club. This forum seems to take great pleasure in dog piling fans of hated clubs and hounding them at every turn. Whilst I personally haven't been a main target, I'm over seeing it. I don't care if I get banned for saying it but it's ok to attack people and clubs on this forum as long as it's certain clubs and their fans. I chat on plenty of other forums that don't let this sort of thing happen, I don't need to be a part of this one.
    Jul 4, 2016Report
    LikeComment
    1. ozbash likes this.

2. El Diablo
    you haven't received an infraction since 2010

genius"

Lol getting grilled by the one who only likes to do the grilling. We'll never get an answer to the troll-bowl he's playing.

If this was me.
Him: TLDR! TLDR!TLDR!!! TLDRRRRRRrrrrr!!!!!!

Me: Look that's fine, I don't really want you reading my stuff you perverse creepy bastard.

He can't see this lol. He's blocked me, he couldn't take the heat, always has to be on their terms. But we all know he's as palpable to discuss with as Amy Schumer is in her bitchiest of moods.

Reminds me of alchopop Phil Rothfield actually on Twitter. That would explain it. The guy clearly hates Rugby League, and by extension, with 80k posts he must absolutely hate his life.

It's not cool when you have almost no limits to your rules of engagement.

I like this site but there's a reason places like Reddit are popular and places like this, are not.
Anyway if you know about game theory, you'd know you're seeing a zero-sum game from him. Meaning there is only total victory and total losing in that crazy ass mind. There's no mirth no joy no laughing, at least most people come on and enjoy and emote and mess round in a good way. That's the difference.

I will give the benefit of the doubt. 80k posts and not one smile and not one joke unless at the expense of others with minimum interaction that's not zero sum. OR its policy. The former is bodies in the freezer type stuff. The later just a part of a greater mechanation, either way its a life of misery and/or servitude.

Last edited:

Von Hipper

Juniors
Start today fresh.

You know I think the clubs are right! The Chairman, Head of Strategy and Chief Financial Officer are running the NRL.

It's an outrage to have the management in these high management positions.

Next thing you know the Prime Minister will be in charge of the Government.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...r/news-story/428eca75ed20c89c5a2a46141270d717

John Grant faces axe after yet another failure to deliver

• The Australian
  • 12:00AM December 9, 2016
  • Dan Koch
Any hope ARL Commission chairman John Grant had of retaining his position at the helm of the game appears gone, after he failed to deliver on yet another promise to the 14 disgruntled NRL chairs, who are now intent on seeing through their vow to remove him from the commission’s top job.

Having initially hoped to avoid having to execute their threat to vote Grant out of his position at an extraordinary general meeting, which is scheduled for December 20, the group, which represents 14 of the 16 NRL clubs, yesterday committed themselves to seeing through the process after Grant withdrew yet another promise to deliver a revised funding model for their consideration.

The promise was made during Grant’s meeting with Melbourne Storm boss Bart Campbell in Melbourne on Monday, with the embattled ARLC head agreeing to have a new proposal for Campbell — nominated as the representative of the disgruntled clubs — to take back to his counterparts for their consideration.

Grant indicated he would be able to provide a model that would deliver funding “comparable” to the original offer made to the clubs as part of the Memorandum of Understanding agreed to late last year.

The annual grant to be provided to each of the 16 clubs was to equate to 130 per cent of the salary cap — a figure many of the game’s leading administrators doubted the game could deliver.

Those fears were well-placed, with Grant telling the club chairs the funding model outlined within the MOU was “unworkable” and was “off the table”.

His stance was backed by NRL boss Todd Greenberg and his main offsiders — chief financial officer Tony Crawford and head of strategy and investment Andrew Fraser.

And it was after consulting that trio again this week that Grant was forced to make another embarrassing reversal, cancelling a proposed meeting with Campbell where he was to present a revised offer to the clubs.

The news that no new offer had been made was greeted with bemusement by the 14 club chairs, whose scheduled meeting yesterday morning in Sydney instead turned into a collective promise to see an end to Grant’s reign as the inaugural ARLC chair.

A former teammate of Broncos and England coach Wayne Bennett during his playing days, Grant has little option but to fall on his sword or face the embarrassment of being voted out of his job in two weeks’ time. His plight is in contrast to Bennett’s, who, despite England’s poor showing at the recent Four Nations, is set to be made an offer to extend his time as England’s head coach.

“Although there is disappointment that we didn’t make the final, I think the five weeks that he spent with the players were invaluable,” Rugby Football League chief Nigel Wood said.

adamkungl

Immortal
At least he is contributing, all be it somewhat long winded, something of relevance to the thread, unlike 74% of the posts, including most of yours.

Are they really though? I gave up on his essays when he seemed to think that The Roar being a bigger website than LU was relevant to the discussion/anything at all.

We've been down this road before with his various alts. He'll post long winded essays about how he's smarter than anyone else, eventually everyone gets sick of reading them and just posts dismissals in reply, he'll chuck his toys out of the cot and go back to the Roar, 6 months down the track another account pulling the same pompous bullshit will show up.

The circle of life.

As for the topic, I made my views clear earlier in the thread. The NRLs financials do not stack up satisfactorily for me. There is enough obvious wastage to fund the clubs fair wishes, which were promised by the NRL then retracted, AND fund 2 new clubs.

Can debate it til the cows come home but until new information comes to light we're going around in circles and I'm not wasting my time doing circles with absolute spanners like Von Hipper and T-Boon.

Von Hipper

Juniors
Are they really though? I gave up on his essays when he seemed to think that The Roar being a bigger website than LU was relevant to the discussion/anything at all.

We've been down this road before with his various alts. He'll post long winded essays about how he's smarter than anyone else, eventually everyone gets sick of reading them and just posts dismissals in reply, he'll chuck his toys out of the cot and go back to the Roar, 6 months down the track another account pulling the same pompous bullshit will show up.

The circle of life.

As for the topic, I made my views clear earlier in the thread. The NRLs financials do not stack up satisfactorily for me. There is enough obvious wastage to fund the clubs fair wishes, which were promised by the NRL then retracted, AND fund 2 new clubs.

Can debate it til the cows come home but until new information comes to light we're going around in circles and I'm not wasting my time doing circles with absolute spanners like Von Hipper and T-Boon.

Unbelieva-mu-bubble!! Haha! Glad you're not making laws, hey, you change it up to whatever is convenient. The roar thing you changed the story there.. You are the spanner, thankyou. The roar point was how remarkably non reticent and open, more views expressed than cheap shut down, with more active users and more relevance than these threads you and some others ransack.

My stuff is a change, a terrifying change to you, but it's progression, and its usually correct.

Lolz mr superior. Pity I'm right more often than you ever will be. Stadia, TV deal values, their make-up, the bunker, the rule changes, ect
ect.

You've proven you can cry about it.

You can engage me and my arguments that are usually on point, or you can fk off to your safe space!

I think I speak for those other "idiots" as you think of them, you don't think you should understand their points of view either, as if somehow everyone can express themselves or convey/articulate their message in a single post perfectly. You give people's intelligence that are not your own NO credibility. That is a huge flaw of yours in these things where there are often multiple views which are of equal goodness.

Your argument isn't won by throwing taunts and insults. He supports an expansion team that is yet to materialise (again), it has the same value in this as your roosters. Your nrl acumen counts for nothing! Either way: GROW UP. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
A former teammate of Broncos and England coach Wayne Bennett during his playing days,

Just in case there were any Sydneysiders still on the fence about whether or not they should find a pitchfork and join the mob...

The NSW-based media really hyping this up so anything other than Grant's head will be seen as unacceptable.

adamkungl

Immortal
Unbelieva-mu-bubble!! Haha! Glad you're not making laws, hey, you change it up to whatever is convenient. The roar thing you changed the story there.. You are the spanner, thankyou. The roar point was how remarkably non reticent and open, more views expressed than cheap shut down, with more active users and more relevance than these threads you and some others ransack.

My stuff is a change, a terrifying change to you, but it's progression, and its usually correct.

Lolz mr superior. Pity I'm right more often than you ever will be. Stadia, TV deal values, their make-up, the bunker, the rule changes, ect
ect.

You've proven you can cry about it.

You can engage me and my arguments that are usually on point, or you can fk off to your safe space!

I think I speak for those other "idiots" as you think of them, you don't think you should understand their points of view either, as if somehow everyone can express themselves or convey/articulate their message in a single post perfectly. You give people's intelligence that are not your own NO credibility. That is a huge flaw of yours in these things where there are often multiple views which are of equally goodness.

Your argument isn't won by throwing taunts and insults. He supports an expansion team that is yet to materialise (again), it has the same value in this as your roosters. Your nrl acumen counts for nothing! Either way: GROW UP. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

Case in point. 4 paragraphs to say nothing of value.

No one here needs a safe space, you've got all the impact of a wet lettuce leaf.

Von Hipper

Juniors
Just in case there were any Sydneysiders still on the fence about whether or not they should find a pitchfork and join the mob...

The NSW-based media really hyping this up so anything other than Grant's head will be seen as unacceptable.
It's unfortunate it's gotten so one eyed.

I think that simply adds to people like Adam, who is entitled to an opinion, but instead of discussing others and pointing out as well where he thinks they are wrong, like the nsw club's and as you're saying, they just want to grab the pitch forks.

We all know qld is the better run rl state with the better balanced ideology, across this entire Multi year commission thing. Each time something comes up its often but not always nswrl disappointing things unfortunately.

Von Hipper

Juniors
Case in point. 4 paragraphs to say nothing of value.

No one here needs a safe space, you've got all the impact of a wet lettuce leaf.

This is you again attempting to assuage me. You're deeply troubled. Maybe scared. I don't know but dismissing gives you no right to judge me when you cannot back it up.

Playing the man, you are, except you have a terrible compass for judging character.

Here's a thought: don't talk to me like you said you were going to do before, you know... All you want is to try and impose upon me. No thanks bully boy. Intimidation is it? Simply pointing out where I am wrong would have been the better option. Show me where I'm/others are wrong. Maybe we are. Im not pompous, you know, I won't be passing up an opportunity to understand the issue better or from a different perspective.

Really though I am put out that no one listened to the song ha

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade

Kinda weird that Bennetts own club is one of those calling for Grant's resignation, along with the other queensland clubs, the warriors and the whole thing is being led by the boss of the storm (the club Queenslanders try claim as an honourary QLD club).
But yea, it's a NSW conspiracy

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Kinda weird that Bennetts own club is one of those calling for Grant's resignation, along with the other queensland clubs, the warriors and the whole thing is being led by the boss of the storm (the club Queenslanders try claim as an honourary QLD club).
But yea, it's a NSW conspiracy
Absolute genius here. The 16 pro clubs want more money, who could've guessed it.

T-Boon

Coach
Another one of the 14 bosses bullying the NRL around is Max Donnelly.
He is another club bean counter who has admitted he knows or cares very little about the rugby league side of things at Parra let alone the wider growth of rugby league. He has said the Eels Leagues Club needs to cut what it pays to the Rugby League club....I am at a loss as to how he gets a say in who runs the game.

Reactions: siv