What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 16 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
We're closing in on the mid-winter grind and, with a tight table, it's all about winning now. There's more than a couple of nervous sides - fans especially (we always seem to care more!) - and a defeat or two now and they're looking shaky.

Speaking of 'Shaky' I was in Wellington all week and I hate to say it but, it's all Hurricanes and union there. Maybe Upper Hutt/Wainui and Porirua is different but maybe not. I wore a 'Wahs' (I use that here in context of the hype) sweatshirt but barely got a look, let alone an 'up the Wahs!' comment.

Tonight, it's Origin-depleted, but it's still interesting. It's the Dolphins v Storm. What a GF that would be. Redcliffe would try to do what Melbourne did in '99, and win the premiership in their second season. Bennett is a coach that could make stories like that.

Saturday is a full day beginning with the biggie in Robina, Titans v Warriors. Now there's two of those aforementioned 's**tting themselves' sides! Fans of both will be beside themselves if/when they fall behind on the scoreboard.

The Roosters v Bulldogs is a game we want to see with both sides at full strength, ditto the improving Rabbitohs v Manly. Origin, eh?

We close with Wests and Raiders. Benji v Sticky. Poor Benji, I hope he ages as well as Ricky! Coaching first grade, when your side is doing it tough, is something coaches should be lauded for sometimes, but it always goes the other way, fans and media aren't the most patient of people.

Enjoy.

What's the point of touchies?
Near useless. Save some cash.
Couldn't see a lost ball that came away clearly and then let's Dolphins player have a nap 😴 clearly knocked out.

Speaking of 'Shaky' I was in Wellington all week and I hate to say it but, it's all Hurricanes and union there. Maybe Upper Hutt/Wainui and Porirua is different but maybe not. I wore a 'Wahs' (I use that here in context of the hype) sweatshirt but barely got a look, let alone an 'up the Wahs!' comment.
Shit I got 2 "up the Wahs" coming out of a Lakers game in LA last November wearing a Warriors polo shirt.

Hughes with a great kick for his winger that bounces in and not out and follows to get through 4 tackles to score.
Try for try and all have been entertaining.

Blair

Coach
Issako misses the 48m penalty kick for 18 all at halftime.

It was an entertaining half for sure. Every time Melbourne laid on some brilliance they'd then make an error and the Dolphins would punish them.

That came from Vautin and it's great having him back on a Friday night.

Wouldn't this be a magnificent grand final? However, you'd expect Melbourne's experience and big match players to break the neutrals hearts at the end.

Big Nelson would probably score the winner!

Blair

Coach
All this talk about Brandon Cheese at the Warriors, give us Jarolme Hughes over him any day.

Oh, and notice Pangai-Junior has come to his senses and returned to the NRL from boxing? But he looks comical at present, as in way overweight.

All this talk about Brandon Cheese at the Warriors, give us Jarolme Hughes over him any day.

Oh, and notice Pangai-Junior has come to his senses and returned to the NRL from boxing? But he looks comical at present, as in way overweight.
Being knocked out in 69 sec helped make that decision.

Welsh hit late???
After ball passed Kenny doesn't take another step but braces for impact.
Does lean into it for sure, but not late.
Storm getting their normal advantageous calls.

Issako with a 95m effort with the ball and Paps nearly had him!
Poor bugger hits the post on his conversion attempt!
Man we are missing some speed in our team.

Blair

Coach
Issako with a 95m effort with the ball and Paps nearly had him!
Poor bugger hits the post on his conversion attempt!
Man we are missing some speed in our team.

I was in stitches watching the replay. Watching Isaako's contorted, increasingly panicked and exhausted, face. It was like the beach scene from Rocky III! With Rock and Apollo going at it.