What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 27 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Big Marn

Bench
Standoffs that have made great nrl coaches.

Who comes to mind?
My memory of coaches who were standoffs is shaky.

JJ

Immortal
Standoffs that have made great nrl coaches.

Who comes to mind?
My memory of coaches who were standoffs is shaky.
Can't think of a stand-off specifically (aside from Barrett who does have an exceptional record but given the talent he has Walters is a rival), and Benji who's not shown much), but halves generally have gone ok - Hasler obviously, was Monie a half too? Paul Green, Sticky, Graham Murray.

I guess what's surprising to me is the number of props coaching - Sheens, Ryles, Payten, and forwards generally - Gus (who palyed like a half), Fitzy, Hos - obviously there are are guys who weren't elite players - Ciraldo, Bellamy, Webster etc - but perhaps the biggest surprise is that a f**king winger is probably the best of all (although I think Gould had his number when coaching)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
For all the doom and gloom that the media portray around Rugby League, the game is flying at the moment isn’t it

Looking now at the stadium that is sold out between the bottom 2 sides. Warriors sold out all their home games, Manly sold out 8 from 10. Huge crowds at the Dogs ground, Newcastle putting big numbers up, it’s all in a pretty good place

Big Marn

Bench
game could have been interesting at 26-16 with Tigers well in it and Dylan Brown just getting injured, then along comes Api with that stupid f**king tip tackle. The Queen milked it for all he was worth but i think he was going to be binned regardless. So Api basically f**ked his team. Then the ensuing try by Cartwright was dubious. Could easily have been a few knockons there. After that the Tigers were shit.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
game could have been interesting at 26-16 with Tigers well in it and Dylan Brown just getting injured, then along comes Api with that stupid f**king tip tackle. The Queen milked it for all he was worth but i think he was going to be binned regardless. So Api basically f**ked his team. Then the ensuing try by Cartwright was dubious. Could easily have been a few knockons there. After that the Tigers were shit.
Queen felt the contact and dove into the ground himself. Embarrassing, he should go and sit in front of Alex McKinnon and explain his act where he couldn’t decide which part to pretend was sore. He did the worst dive I’ve ever seen in general play just before the Fainu try as well

This Wallabies winger looks handy for the Chooks