What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Wb1234

Referee
All nighter, all dayer
It doesn't matter, if you're a stayer
As long as you, have true convictions
It's all the same, When the
Ship is sinkin

Sung to the tune of Blackfella/Whitefella by the Warumpi Band, my second all time favourite band.
I’ve heard of them

I liked the oils back then

Iamback

Coach
Not much fault with the arlc

they shouldn’t be caving into ridiculous demands

the players got a massive rise in the salary cap plus a new men’s team providing employment for 30 more players plus a major expansion in the women’s comp and a huge rise in their cap

and in a few years time there will be another massive rise in the cap

the players owe the current administration a lot they’ve done their job to them since covid hit

The US sports start their talks years out, We should of started last year but that is on both sides

I’ve heard of them

I liked the oils back then
Hear of them more, the best band for your soul.

I was going around Australia back in'92, in a 1971 VG Valiant Safari.
I'd got extremely sick with my ongoing tonsillitis , I had them out in a place called Derby, 250kms north of Broome.
After I started to recover I went back down to Broome, low and behold the very first Stompen Ground Festival was on.
The Warumpis, Coloured Stone, Yothu Yindi, were all playing over the weekend.
Rage on ABC were filming it live, when this particular song by the Warumpis, Fitzroy Crossing, was being played I was singing along vigorously, a mate of mine tapped me on the shoulder and said "they're filming you!"
I thought nought of it.
Then the next weeks after, The Bluff, Kalbarri, Carnarvon, I received letters from the post resante from friends back in Sydney saying how they'd seen me on live TV in Broome singing along.
A few years ago someone put that time on YouTube.
f**king cool f**king time, and place. And now there for my eternal memory.
Listen more to this band, mi amigo

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
The US sports start their talks years out, We should of started last year but that is on both sides
According to the rlpa they tried to get this started 14 months ago

“14 months ago, we tried getting the ball rolling on financial information and trying to get requests to the NRL.
“It took 7 months to get there when we got there in June (2022).

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
According to the rlpa they tried to get this started 14 months ago

“14 months ago, we tried getting the ball rolling on financial information and trying to get requests to the NRL.
“It took 7 months to get there when we got there in June (2022).

Sounds like covid financial impacts hadnt settled

RLPA is too focused on the total NRL value

Which we know includes things outside of the NRL comp at broadcaster levels

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sounds like covid financial impacts hadnt settled

RLPA is too focused on the total NRL value

Which we know includes things outside of the NRL comp at broadcaster levels
Feb 22 nrl announced big ‘21 surplus and was sprucing a $600mill revenue for ‘23. Tv deals were done. 17th club was confirmed as was expansion of nrlw. I don’t buy they weren’t in a position to be negotiating 12 months ago.

Iamback

Coach

Perth Red

Post Whore
Didn't they have an issue with the numbers given though?
yes, I do wonder if the nrls reluctance to supply the financials early in the negotiations was due to the very iffy ‘misplaced’ $60mill the players were entitled to a share of during the covid period? Looks like despite rlpa requests for the info in oct 21 they didn’t get them till June 22 and then discovered the dodgy nrls accounting, which hit the media in nov 22.

Iamback

Coach
yes, I do wonder if the nrls reluctance to supply the financials early in the negotiations was due to the very iffy ‘misplaced’ $60mill the players were entitled to a share of during the covid period? Looks like despite rlpa requests for the info in oct 21 they didn’t get them till June 22 and then discovered the dodgy nrls accounting, which hit the media in nov 22.

The story linked to that

The Herald has been told that, at Marks’ behest, the NRL agreed to adopt an interpretation favourable to the RLPA.

While the NRL acknowledges there was a difference of view in the calculation of outperformance money on a number of matters - not just the TV money - it insists the omission was picked up internally rather than by the RLPA’s forensic auditor.
NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo told the Herald last month the outperformance payment of $11 million was a projection at the end of 2021, updated to $38 million when revenue further improved in 2022. He pointed out that if costs had been factored in – the NRL spent $50 million relocating the entire competition and players’ families to Queensland in 2021 – the players would have received considerably less. “If the outperformance was linked to net position, it would not have been as favourable,” Abdo said.

It was a guess what they got, The NRL changed their interpretation to match the RLPA's. That back and forth took time that could of been used getting some of these details sorted

Perth Red

Post Whore
The story linked to that

The Herald has been told that, at Marks’ behest, the NRL agreed to adopt an interpretation favourable to the RLPA.

While the NRL acknowledges there was a difference of view in the calculation of outperformance money on a number of matters - not just the TV money - it insists the omission was picked up internally rather than by the RLPA’s forensic auditor.
NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo told the Herald last month the outperformance payment of $11 million was a projection at the end of 2021, updated to $38 million when revenue further improved in 2022. He pointed out that if costs had been factored in – the NRL spent $50 million relocating the entire competition and players’ families to Queensland in 2021 – the players would have received considerably less. “If the outperformance was linked to net position, it would not have been as favourable,” Abdo said.

It was a guess what they got, The NRL changed their interpretation to match the RLPA's. That back and forth took time that could of been used getting some of these details sorted
Isnt the deal based on % of revenue? Why would costs to relocate due to covid matter? The deal isn’t on “net” position. “interpretation” lol

siv

First Grade
Isnt the deal based on % of revenue? Why would costs to relocate due to covid matter? The deal isn’t on “net” position. “interpretation” lol
Because covid had a major impact on costs

NRL cant give away money it does not have

I would suggest until all invoices were processed final position was not 100% known

They also had a loan of $250 mil to address

Plus there is the 30% profit tax the government a slice of

NRL clearly needs a CFO

Wb1234

Referee
The story linked to that

the costs were to keep the competition going and for players to keep earning their wages but then it wasn’t taken into account in that outperformance clause and the players are blowing up

lol so greedy

MugaB

Coach
The sooner they get industrial relations expert AFL Red in to sort this out the better.

Than he can head to Jerusalem and sort that mess out too.
What are you talking about, he was already there some 2023 years ago... died on the cross and rose a few days later